1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghost Drop Pods : how it works

Discussion in 'Terran' started by qOcOp, Aug 7, 2007.

Ghost Drop Pods : how it works

Discussion in 'Terran' started by qOcOp, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    rpm, rotations per minute. Lol.

2. coreyb

coreyb Guest

I thought this topic is about ghost drop pop's , well anyway are they like in C&C 3 for the GDI zone trooper drop pod's where a pod thing fly's there and slowley fly's down then the troop's smash the door's out or they press a button and they burst out or something?

3. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    It's a little similar, but it's not an off-map support thing like C&C's. What you do is you build a drop pod at a Shadow Ops, as if you would build a nuke, and get a ghost to where you want it to go and use the Call Down ability there. Instead of Zone Troopers, 8 marines come out of the drop pod.

4. coreyb

coreyb Guest

Ohk cool , but I was very close tho right? and I never ment to it be exactly to be as C&C like an EG of trying to understand of what I ment.

5. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Yes, I think I understood you. By the way, I suggest that you read all the Q&As and the Blizzcon reports and such.

6. coreyb

coreyb Guest

Ohk cool thank's and I read the Q&A and the...........*tumble weed* :p

7. Indigent

Indigent New Member

I like your signature.. *Reaches for wallet* Must... Pay... Man...!! No! Resiss....tt!

8. Broodling

Broodling New Member

The nuke is already so weak. If someone made a missile it would be hardly more powerful than a small group of siege tanks firing at the target. It would be so weak it won't be worth using!

9. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    Weak? There is only one unit capable of surviving a nuke, and that's at full armor! If it were any more powerful it would be too dangerous for the game to be balanced. This is 200/200 mins/gas reducing dozens of units to sludge, buildings to rubble, or heavy damage. You try doing that with a couple of Siege Tanks.

10. Indigent

Indigent New Member

What about making a real nuke..? Like, a super units and blows up everyone. 100%

11. Associate

Associate New Member

maybe they can consider increasing the damage radius of the nuke or remove its supply cost

12. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    The drop pod is copied off of Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War. I am not kidding that is how simmilar this is the pods are the exact same size and looks almost exactly the same as well accept that when they are coming down in DOW they come out of the sky really fast and dont slow down for anthing and and blow back enemy if they land neer them (or on them hehe) so it is a very good surprise shocktrooper attack combo.

But this one it slows down and does nothing to its surrounding so the units around it have a chance to recover from the surprise and start mowing you down while in DOW it comes fast and hard and when you see that Dreadnaught emerge from it you know you are screwed.

also when did nukes come into a DROP POD convo. Way off topic I am ashamed.

13. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    But in DoW you could choose what you load up in the pods. In SC2 you can't.

14. Indigent

Indigent New Member

You might later on.. :(

15. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Yeah I would like load up you build a drop pod then garrison units in it then you can ro a reaper drop or put a medic in it. Only problem is how then do you choose it. I have a solution for this. The launch ability is based in the shadow ops the drop pod is in and it works where you select launch and you can drop it into the sigh range of any of your ghosts then the ghost that you drop into range of will then use his laser

16. moobox

moobox Member

I'm fairly sure that's exactly how it's done, with the exception of being able to load whatever ground unit you want into the drop pod.

17. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    No now it is done the same as te nuke with the Ghost initiating the launch and the shadow ops reacting. I was suggesting shadow ops initiated the drop and the ghost reacts

18. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    That would be pretty much be giving the terrans warp in when you think about it.

19. moobox

moobox Member

I don't understand what you mean BirdofPrey, I'm sorry.

20. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    I will try and explain what i think BirdofPrey means. He is suggesting that instead of ghosts getting to ability to use drop instead it is given to the building that makes the drop pod so a person can load up that drop pod with whatever units he wants and pick where that specific drop pod goes. This would act alot like warp if imagine ghost as phase prisms and there sight as the power radius.