1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghost Drop Pods : how it works

Discussion in 'Terran' started by qOcOp, Aug 7, 2007.

Ghost Drop Pods : how it works

Discussion in 'Terran' started by qOcOp, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Indigent

Indigent New Member

This is a bit off topic, but does snipe use mp, or does it recharge over time, like blink?

2. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    It has a cooldown period, not mana. That's to the best of my knowledge, of course.

3. WuHT

WuHT New Member

All 3 races seem a lot more mobile in terms of deployment.

Drop pods, the new nydus, as well as the warp gate. Anywhere there is a vulnerabilitiy, it's almost too easy to exploit it.

The protoss were the original race being able to "instanteounsly" summon their troops used to be pretty unique (some sort of wormhole) and it's neat (not really bad) that the terran and the zerg maybe be able to do this to some degree.

4. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    How could it even be "not really bad"?

It's a new gameplay mechanic. Of course it's going to be good. I see this game as being twice as action packed as the first one. Unexpected and random attacks are going to be the norm.

Transportation has so many new options now that it's just insane.

5. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Yeah, it's going to be beter then I had thought. They're fixing all the things that were major problems; ie: smart casting.

6. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

but what you can do,t hey can do to you

7. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I'm thinking that all these new transportation methods will make the game even more fast-paced and the players more watchful. Tell me that's not a good thing.

8. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    It is more mobile but I don't think it will bee too easy to exploit it since it is only low tier units deployed by high tier units so you will have defenses in place by then. Also the units responsible will be realtively waek so you can't just run them into the middle of a base without already having started the assualt

9. Associate

Associate New Member

drop pods with marines in it isn't such a bad idea, but with only 6 marines, it sounds more of a suicide mission than a base raid

10. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Probably, but it's sometimes a required sacrifice for a victory.

11. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

how about a mini damage from the crashing pods??? it would make sense coz from the demo we could see that those pods are huge enough to make some damage right??

now that would change/balance it a little considering the inferior fire power of the marines.... but we never know coz.. what if the drop pods are mid tier tech? maybe that could change the flow......

12. Indigent

Indigent New Member

That is the same concept with reapers and vikings too.. They are lightly armored, but either do a lot of damage to infantry, or shoot fast. Marines just come in a group. Maybe, they can load infantry, also, aside from marines. Using the ghosts to launch, then with your prebuilt nuke and drop pod. Launch your nuke, and use the drop pods as a clean up crew.

13. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    You don't need to use them like that. You can keepthem in reserve as reinforcements. Or a followup to a nuke stirke

14. WonderBoy

WonderBoy New Member

What happens to the pod after the marines deploy? Does it just fade away?

15. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

The pod is not damaged when it arrives to the ground, like for the nuclear missile. But the units once outside yes. I think you load until 6 units (or just marines I don't know) but if you have just 4 you load for 4 marines only.

I don't know how you RE-build a pod once one is launched.

16. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Thye drop pod is built just like a nuke. It takes up supply and contains 6 marines until launched. Then you can build a new drop pod or a nuke in the silo

17. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

The Drop pod is threatened as wreakage i.e. fades away to remove clutter.

6 Marines are not much true but nothing but Resources stop you from building more than one. They drop quite fast and give no warning. You don´t really have to build Ghost=Pods since there is no cd on the ability.

18. eskudero

eskudero New Member

it would be interesting if a variant of the drop pod was also for sale, this variant would have 5 marines and one medic,and i really would use this one as the medic would keep the squad alive for a longer time.maybe if it costed 25 more vespene or even 50.i would still prefer it,but might be too powerful.

19. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Something really cool for drop pods would be if the marines could use the drop pods as a bunker until the drop pod died. And it would stay a building until destroyed, but could not be built by SCVs. They could shoot out at enimies but they couldn't be hurt from the inside. When they go out, it's normal, like getting out of a bunker, and could go back inside when in danger. They would be considered nuetral like abandoned addons. There should be a way to shoot smaller missles, not as big as a nuke and should be able to be intercepted, like the MAC gun in the demo of Halo wars.

20. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

that would add 200 minerals to the cost, and a much longer build time. also doesn't sound fun.