1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Found something to hate about Diablo3

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by ItzaHexGor, Sep 6, 2008.

Found something to hate about Diablo3

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by ItzaHexGor, Sep 6, 2008.

1. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Could a mod please tidy this thread up? Now, just if there's anything you've found that you don't like about Diablo3, post it here. Just like how there are the 'Things we love/hate about StarCraft2' threads, this thread, and another, will do the same for Diablo3.

Just to reiterate, I don't like the uniformity of the Ghouls and other such monsters, and to add to that, I'm not a big fan of the new Grotesques. I'd probably even rather they just reuse the sprite of the ones in Diablo2...

Also, and I'm surprised I almost forgot this, but Deckard Cain, though that doesn't apply to Diablo3 specifically. It's amazing to think that the voice of such a crummy character is done by the same voice actor as the most awesome character in StarCraft, obviously being Tassadar. At least Cain seems better in Diablo3. He was unbearable in Diablo2. Used to see how far away I could get after identifying everything while he was still talking. :p

Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
  2. visom

visom New Member

I think it's just the timing, when I was watching the 20min gameplay the ghouls were being crowded, trying to get through that small bridge and was running left and right non stop until they find the opening. I think it's just coincidence that the screen shot was taken at the exact time the ghouls stand in line.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  3. Redlazer

Redlazer New Member

Pretty pointless point... It's a screenshot, **** isn't moving. It's frozen in place. If you watch the video, **** is moving, it's not frozen in place. Those ghouls are about to jump across the ravine and chow the Witch Doctor's face off. It's too early to pick out things against Diablo III, look at Starcraft in alpha, looked 100% different and downright horrible. That just shows that if Blizzard needs a total rehaul, they'll do a total rehaul of a title. Diablo III won't be out for years anyway.

4. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Yes, it's a screenshot. So what? I'm not commenting on the fact they're not moving, I'm commenting on the fact that they're all identical, and it doesn't just apply to this one screenshot, it's just that this is where it's the most noticeable. If you watch the video, you'll notice that they're acting in a similar way. They're all just standing waiting, all in the exact same pose, waiting for the ones in front of them to die so they can move up. It happened in the earlier Diablo games as well, not to mention units in StarCraft, so yes, I do think it's a valid point and definitely one that needs to be addressed, especially if they're seeking to immerse players in the game, which they've stated they are.