1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite New Zerg Unit

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Wlck742, Mar 10, 2008.

?

What's your favorite new Zerg unit?

1. Infestor

12.0%
  2. Corrupter

16.0%
  3. Overseer

4.0%
  4. Swarm Guardians

8.0%
  5. Queens

20.0%
  6. Baneling

12.0%
  7. Roach

28.0%

Favorite New Zerg Unit

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Wlck742, Mar 10, 2008.

1. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I'm with Psionicz. There should only ever be one Queen. Instead of getting more, they get stronger. If there were more Queens then they'd have to be weaker and would be less effective.
    Despite the Hive Matriarch being about as powerful as an Ultralisk, she's not supposed to be on the front line. She manages all defences but isn't necessarily a part of them. Saying that she is the only Zerg defence is like saying that Drones were the only Zerg defence in StarCraft1. They both build the defences. The Queen has an added bonus of being fairly powerful, but she isn't the only form of defence so you don't even need any more Queens.
    That's all not to mention that allowing Zerg players to have more Queens would make the Zerg less unique. All races are supposed to be as unique as possible, so allowing more Queens is not the way to go.
    Just a quick question, what would you actually use the additional Queens for anyway?

2. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Well as far as race diversity is concerned, 3 queens would actually make sense since the cap on the MS is 1 right now.

Uh... I don't know what all the queens would be doing :p

@ Psi: if Kerrigan told them to, they would tolerate several queens.

3. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    The Mothership is a completely different unit to the Queen. It's not the fact that Zerg would have a limit of one Queen that would make them unique, it's the way that their whole base defence works now.
    There's nothing that the additional Queens would be doing. All base defences can easily be covered by one Queen so the others would just have to be backups or something, provided that you aren't using them for offence which isn't what they're supposed to be used for so Blizzard would probably have to find another way of stopping them being used offensively. Anyway, if they're just backups, why do you need them? If your Queen dies then it's your fault for letting her die. She's got a tonne of abilities to help her, notably Deep Tunnel, so it's not as though it's hard to keep her alive.
    Some important figures of authority in the Zerg Swarm still retain their independence. I don't remember precisely, and correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't several of the Cerebrates combine to for the new Overmind against Kerrigan's will?

4. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Kerrigan doesn't issue commands directly to the Zerg swarm as me or you would order a burger. Its more of a telepathic thing where her will is precieved telepathically by Overlords and as commands and rules.
    Plus Queens rule the roost they are stationed at, 3 conflicting orders doesn't work.
    Similar in ants how the larger ones make sure the smaller ones are on track and stuff. They have their set adgenders which are kept firm by Queens (also upholding and strengthing the unity) then commands and direction are issued by Overlords.
    So you could say each Queen is a mini Kerrigan, status wise.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  5. FingerAssassin

FingerAssassin New Member

Queen building defences? xD, didnt know that, well how the hell is that gonna happen?, cause if she mutates (like drones) into the building then poow no Queen, so how will the queen build? xD

6. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Wow do you not follow the information stream?

The Queen builds defenses just like a Probe builds a Pylon.

7. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Or any Protoss building for that matter. She can just put it down and move on and the building will grow on it's own. It's useful so you can drop a whole lot of defences in one base, Deep Tunnel to the next and continue dropping them in your next base. That way there's not need for any more Queens because you're with the one Queen the whole time, not like Drones or SCV's where you'll need more than one, and it can instantly tunnel to the next base, unlike Probes where you'll either have to have more than one or just wait unit it runs to the next base.

8. gusgusthegreat

gusgusthegreat New Member

Infestors are SWEET. I'm sure the gameplay videos exaggerate realistic use of them, but still. Sweet abilities. I'm excited to see infested Protoss! They always got on my nerves, the honorable sneezes.

9. Arzgoth

Arzgoth New Member

I like the infestor because it makes units suffer muhahahaha

10. Melozerg

Melozerg New Member

Infestors are awesome beacuase of their abilities to spawn infested terrans and to control another player unit.

11. FallinDevast

FallinDevast New Member

The corrupter's menacing look won my heart