1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite New Zerg Unit

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Wlck742, Mar 10, 2008.

?

What's your favorite new Zerg unit?

1. Infestor

12.0%
  2. Corrupter

16.0%
  3. Overseer

4.0%
  4. Swarm Guardians

8.0%
  5. Queens

20.0%
  6. Baneling

12.0%
  7. Roach

28.0%

Favorite New Zerg Unit

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Wlck742, Mar 10, 2008.

1. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    I might have to do with the animal it's DNA comes from. Say it could quickly heal itself with special emzymes. Then when the zerg incorperated its DNA, the new unit, Roach, gained the animal's Genetic coding for producing the enzymes.

2. Laz

Laz New Member

Ya mabey. But what if those emzymes were also given to the queen to use and she uses it on buildings. Get what im saying?

3. marcusrodrigues

marcusrodrigues New Member

Brazil
    I think this discussion is getting pretty pointless, if you ask me... That is the Roach's special trait, and that is enough... EonMaster even gave a plausible "how come" for its faster regeneration rate. I think it is getting way off topic...

4. Laz

Laz New Member

Ya all right it is pretty off topic. I like the sound of the swarm gardians. Spawning broodlings from a main attack sounds so cool :D.

5. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    My fav unit still is the queen. She's actually my favorite unit in the entire game. It's the center of zerg base defences, has a decent attack which does more to air units, and enough life to hopefully keep you from carelessly getting her killed.

Unless she gets seriously downgraded like the MS originally did, I don't see myself changing my preference to her over all the other zerg units.

6. Laz

Laz New Member

Ya i am all for the Queen but there all pretty good. Blizzard did a good job making the new zerg units and i think they will all work out nicely.

7. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    How does the Queen actually attack Air targets? Are her limbs actually long enough to hit Air units directly or does she have another attack, that's ranged or something, to deal with them?

8. Laz

Laz New Member

I think she has a ranged attack. Theres no way her arms can reach things flying hundreds of feet in the air.

9. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Maybe lore-wise her limbs might not be long enough to reach them, but gameplay-wise they definitely are. Both the physical length of her limbs compared to the flying height and the fact that other units, like the Viking, tend to break the lore. I was just wondering because there are some units in the game that use the same attack for Ground and Air targets, but there are others who use a different attack for each, so I'd like to know which it is for the Queen.

10. Laz

Laz New Member

Well blizzard wouldnt give the queen an attack that doesnt go with a lore. So she has to have a second attack animation.

11. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    They've given the Viking an ability that goes against lore. It'd be almost impossible to actually see a small mech transforming and flying up into the sky at the same time until it reaches an altitude of however many metres. Also they've already given units like the Marine and Hydralisk the ability to shoot and launch spikes that far up when if reality they shouldn't be able to. Same with the Archon's attack. It's only got a very small range, but it's able to attack Air units.

12. Laz

Laz New Member

That is true but they still make some sense if you stretch your mind a little. Even the archons attack could be farther than we realize. Mabey that bolt can reach a good hundred feet. And air units have to come down closer to the ground to attack. But the Queens arms dont look like there going to reach more than 10 feet from her body.

13. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Yes, but a MS is perhaps 10000feet in the air!?
    Starcraft isnt about things being realistic, its about the gameplay!

14. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    If the Archon's was able to hit units a hundred feet in the Air, then it's range would have to be almost that of a Siege Tank or something. I wouldn't get too worried about lore in gameplay. The Queen is pretty beasty and its limbs are even longer than that. Having a melee Anti-Air attack would be pretty awesome and it's something we haven't seen with Zerg before.

15. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    What are you guys talking about? The Queen can't attack air. It's a ranged GtG unit, as far as i know, and It can reach targets behind a row of Lings, but that's all.

16. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    This says differently; http://www.sc2armory.com/game/zerg/units/queen/
    Two attacks of eight damage each, dealing sixteen damage per round. A range of two so it can attack over units' heads, as you said, and can hit both Ground and Air targets.

17. Laz

Laz New Member

In that link it says the Queen from SC1 shares no similarity's in form from the Queen in SC2 which is not true. If you look at its body you can see that its the same body as the one in SC1. Its just like a more humanish body came out where the head used to be.

18. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    It's not only in starcraft2armory, SCLegacy also said the queen does double damage to air units. That wouldn't be possible if the queen couldn't hit air.

@ Laz, I have to disagree. I don't think the queen looks even remotely similar to the original. The body looks similar to a wasp or bee shape IMO.

19. Zurgery

Zurgery New Member

She still has the skin inbetwen her limbs like the old queen.

20. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    I rather like the roach.