1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite New Zerg Unit

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Wlck742, Mar 10, 2008.

?

What's your favorite new Zerg unit?

1. Infestor

12.0%
  2. Corrupter

16.0%
  3. Overseer

4.0%
  4. Swarm Guardians

8.0%
  5. Queens

20.0%
  6. Baneling

12.0%
  7. Roach

28.0%

Favorite New Zerg Unit

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Wlck742, Mar 10, 2008.

1. gtx75

gtx75 New Member

i kinda do like the new queen but... too much is depended on her... defense.... (only one that can create defence) and we dont even know if she can attack air.

2. Laz

Laz New Member

Lets just say technically Ive been here for seven months....and that all I'm saying. No more talking about this.
    Ya i admit she is strong if you know how to use her. I hope they increase her speed a little though. But its not like its a hard hit if she dies. You see how fast she can be created again? Wow. That's pretty good.

3. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    @ gtx75-She can attack air. She, according to SCLegacy, actually does twice the damage to air units in the current build.

Also, he being the one to build defense is better for your economy. Now you no longer have to sacrifice 3-4 drones to defend a single base.

4. Laz

Laz New Member

I love that. More drones for everyone :]

5. gtx75

gtx75 New Member

well, i guess thats true, but we will see how people like it later on, blizzard will probably put a twist into it

6. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    So are you saying that I'm still wrong or that I'm still contradicting myself? If you think I am, prove that I am. Don't just say 'well I could' respond, but he'll just argue and I don't want to argue'. There is absolutely no point in saying someone's wrong without backing yourself up, especially when they challenge you. I can assure you that it will not end up with you being powered down or banned somehow, because if I do power you down, you'll be powered up by others and I'll be powered down by others because I gave you an unfair power down.
    You may think that my opinion is wrong, but I can assure you it's not. Roaches have a consistent regeneration rate. They always have it and always will have it. It's natural for them. The Queen's ability to heal buildings is not consistent with the building's regeneration rate. Buildings don't always get sudden bursts of health and it's not natural for them to. The Queen's regeneration ability seems way to magical for Zerg, which goes against all abilities we've seen with them in StarCraft1.

7. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Do we have any comformation on the Roach's regeneration rate, cuz if we knew the offical figures it would help a lot of discussions going around.

8. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Not really, but it must be around a Zealots dps, so 10reg/s ot something like that. But OFC thats all up to balance changes, and there is still the possiblity that it will get cut...

9. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I calculated it going by all the information available at the time, and figured out that it had to be over five health per second. Here's the logic:

10. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Good calculations!
    The question is just, how fast is the game?
    I rememer Blizzard talking about even Faster modes (omg I dont like that, SC was fast enought!), where the ms, dps, and reg/s ofc would be higher. I think 5 reg/s is right, if the game mode is the same as fastest in SC1...
    But those videos we saw, seemed even faster IMO, so perhaps the regen is 8reg/s or something in that case.

11. SubTachyon

SubTachyon Guest

Sorry for OT:
    I love that the game is even faster. Its very nice to see that even though were getting this AMAGAD 3d graphics and queen, etc. That Blizzard stills concentrates on, and enchances the main points of SC:
    Speed
    Balance
    Uterly awesome huge battles

12. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    I am not sure about that kind of large battles, what we've seen so far were moovie scenes.. The gameplay videos against CPU, well ok, there were massive forces, but at player vs player everyone was up to rush the other, and end the game at a supply of 40. Maybe in longer games - which I think won't be really usual - you can see massive forces each controlled by a human.

13. SubTachyon

SubTachyon Guest

Oh? So its different in todays proffesional games?

And please NEVER EVER judge tactics, amount of units or anything else from Blizzard videos. Its like the guy who thought that marines have 5 hp because in every single video Blizzard used them as puppets to show off their new units.

14. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    I was refering to a gameplay video NOT a cinematic, or a unit introduction.
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/188205.html

Maybe they aren't pros, but I think there isn't a single large force.
    And it's ok that Blizz wants to make the games faster, shorter. I don't think they will increase the unit building speed dramatically.
    you should think again, I am not "judging". That is my opinion, and actually This video is the source of my thoughts.
    (and I would never say that Zerg will pwn everyone just because in the gameplay trailer they killed everything. That is just exaggeration)

15. Laz

Laz New Member

OK then ItzaHexGor. What if the way the queen regenerating the buildings is the same way roaches regenerate? What if she pumps the buildings with the same thing that the roaches have? Its just its more potent from the queen but isn't a continues thing and runs out very quickly. Then buildings would regenerate, It would be just like the roaches, not magic, and it makes sense.

16. Gforce

Gforce New Member

That would be a nice ability after you finish killing an assualt on your base, but i think that the regen. rate would be a bit slower because of the size of the buildings. If they do choose to have an ability like that.

17. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I have no clue what you mean by saying that the Queen's regeneration of buildings is the same as the Roach's. Roaches have a natural regeneration rate, just like every other Zerg unit, or organism for that matter. The Queen's ability isn't a natural regeneration rate, it's just a sudden heal. You can't give something else a natural regeneration rate. If buildings were to have the Roaches regeneration rate it would constantly have it right from the beginning and wouldn't be 'given' that rate by the Queen every-so-often.
    Natural regeneration doesn't run out, it's consistent. For example, if you broke a bone, you'd have to wait until your body repaired it. There isn't a way of someone else giving you a heightened rate of recovery. Your body has to do it itself. It's the same with the Queen's ability. If a building is injured, the Queen shouldn't be able to just give it a quick burst of regeneration. All Terran units can be healed or repaired, all Protoss units regenerate their shields, and all Zerg units have a natural regeneration rate, not magic.
    As I said before, it wouldn't be like the Roaches because Roaches have a constant regeneration rate, so suddenly healing buildings is not like them at all.

18. Laz

Laz New Member

But tell me this. What makes the roaches regenerate so fast? It isnt the same way all other zerg regenerate because if it were. They would all regenerate that fast.

19. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    They regenerate hp in the same way, but not in the same pace.

20. Laz

Laz New Member

Well I'm just saying what if the Queen makes the same affect happen to the building that is to the Roach. And theres gotta be a more specific reason why Roaches heal faster.