1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite New Zerg Unit

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Wlck742, Mar 10, 2008.

?

What's your favorite new Zerg unit?

1. Infestor

12.0%
  2. Corrupter

16.0%
  3. Overseer

4.0%
  4. Swarm Guardians

8.0%
  5. Queens

20.0%
  6. Baneling

12.0%
  7. Roach

28.0%

Favorite New Zerg Unit

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Wlck742, Mar 10, 2008.

1. marcusrodrigues

marcusrodrigues New Member

Brazil
    The Evollution of the Overlord, wich can detect invisible and burrowed units ;-)

2. Laz

Laz New Member

So you mean the Overseer.

3. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    They are almost the same.. In fact the overseer looks uglier.

4. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    The uglyer the better :D
    I think the infestor, who can say no to a new way to own the other race´s?

5. Tankman131

Tankman131 Guest

i like the baneling due to the possibilities with nydus worm

6. Laz

Laz New Member

Queen all the way.

7. TheOneInPower

TheOneInPower New Member

I'm all for the infestor and the corrupter. I think the zerg are defined on infesting and corrupting(I couldn't think of different words without saying the units names again, but you get the point), as much as they are defined on swarms of quick attackers.

8. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Can you add the option to change your vote? I originally voted for the Queen because it was a long time favourite from StarCraft1, but I gotta say that now that I've thought about it and learnt a bit more about some of the units, I much prefer the Roach. The Queen is still a great unit and its 'wow' factor is through the roof, but the Roach still prevails.
    It's a great concept, Zerg are all about regenerating so having a unit with extraordinary regeneration makes perfect sense. It can easily add an outnumbering feel to a relatively small army because of the effort required to get rid of them. From what I've been able to decipher, based on information I've heard, they've got a regeneration rate of over five health per second, meaning that it'd take less than eighteen seconds for them to regenerate back to full health, making them perfect raiders. It's an excellent and extremely simple concept that fits Zerg perfectly.
    The Queen, while still a spectacular unit, has a few things that don't sit too well with it. Some of its abilities seem a bit odd like Building Regeneration and Swarm Infestation seem to be more magic than a natural ability, which goes against almost all Zerg abilities we've seen before. The idea of only having one Queen both suits and contradicts the Zerg philosophy of being a super-organism but also being about swarms rather than large, powerful units.
    The Queen is still a great unit, and I'd hate for it to be removed, but the Roach is definitely the favourite for me, so is there any chance of getting to option to remove our vote?

9. Laz

Laz New Member

Wait you cant say that its ability to re-heal buildings is like magic then at the same time say how the roaches regen is so zergish and cool. Its the same thing. Just the Queens making one happen.
    I do agree with you that only being able to get one queen is pretty lame though. They should allow more because just one queen for your base defense unit... Zerg are supposed to have half the level covered in bases if they want to win. I dont want to have one unit defending all of them.
    And the roach does seem cool but does anyone know how many resources it takes to make and how long it takes because it seems to be a bit unfair if you can mass roaches within the first five to ten minutes.

10. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    i cant really vote they all seems all good units. 0.o
    tho the banling is seems less inpressive to me, because its just the infested terran, but weaker and EASIER to get. oh well.

@Laz: yes the queen is suppose to defend all your bases, but its weak by itself, it plays more of a support role in defence than any other unit that you can use, do to the fact that most of its abilities have to do with creep, or nearby buildings.
    in the end you will still use normal units to defend your bases but the queen means that you dont have to have as many units to defend youre bases then in the previous game.

11. Laz

Laz New Member

oh ok makes sense.

12. DevourinOne

DevourinOne Guest

Baneling :good:

13. Zurgery

Zurgery New Member

The Queen is the first real unit that has a major impact on Zerg playstyle, so I'm gona go for that.

14. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    It's not the same thing at all. The Roach has a permanent regeneration rate, and the Queen casts regeneration on a building. It's natural for the Roach. All units have regeneration, and the Roach's is increased. But the Queen's ability is more like a magic spell than any kind of natural regeneration. It just almost instantaneously heals a building for a certain amount of health. There's no natural feeling behind it at all. It's basically just like the Nomad's Nano-Repair ability.
    I never said that only being able to get one Queen was lame, I said it both suits and contradicts Zerg's mentality. Zerg, as a whole, are supposed to be a super-organism, so it makes sense that they're only about to get one Queen, just like an ant colony or beehive. However Zerg are also supposed to be all about lots of small swarming units, so it's contradictory to only be able to get one of a certain unit type, especially when that one unit is a large, powerful unit. As I said, I never said only having one Queen is lame, I said it both suits and contradicts, depending on how you look at it. Also, the Queen isn't the only thing that defends the Zerg, it's a defensive builder unit. It builds Creep Tumours, Swarm Clutches and Shriekers for static base defence. So, just like how Protoss get Phase Cannons and Terran get Bunkers, Missile Turrets and Sensor Towers, Zerg get Creep Tumours, Shriekers and Swarm Clutches.
    The Roach costs 75 minerals, 25 gas and has a build time of 23 at the moment. I don't see why this would be a problem because it would be unfair if any team could mass anything within the first five to ten minutes. It's all about balance and Blizzard wouldn't be stupid enough to release StarCraft2 without it being balanced.

15. Laz

Laz New Member

Man...im not even gonna try with that one. Ive read your stuff enough to relize you like to fight and theres nothing i can do. Besides last time i went against someone with your power...Well lets just say bad things happened to me.

16. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    lol, argueing about your ideas is the main point of this forum.

I prefer the queen myself. She's an excellent edition to the Zerg by making thier defencive style not only different from sc1, but also making it very different from the Terrans or Protoss.

I'm not sure why ppl say she is weak though, since her final form has 600 life and 24 attack. Possibly due to the fact the amount of resources it would cost to get her that strong. Also, her earlier forms are weaker and can be teamed up on, but she is still strong for the period she can be produced.

17. Laz

Laz New Member

Ya but i dont argue anymore. Ive relized people with power dong want to argue and will just do something like ban you for it...
    And ya the queen rules. She is pretty weak in the beggining of the game though if you watch the gameplay movies. And she is freaking slow.

18. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    When you say "people with power", i assume you mean those with powerful positions, since out power lvl shown in our profile only represents how respected we are in the forums, not our position within the forum.

Only the mods and admin has the power to ban ppl, and that only happens to people who act rude or personally attack other members. Our mods are fair and won't ban you for argueing your ideas against others. In fact, mods like to see members form well thought out arguements and will even sometimes reward people for thier effort.

19. Laz

Laz New Member

I wish that were true :'/....But anyways ya banelings are cool to. I like how zerglings look when they swarm stuff on SC2.

20. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    What is false? I've been here for over 5 months, and the mods and admin encourage members to argue their ideas and to contribute.

I agree, she is very slow, and her first form is pretty weak.

However, if used right, can hold off a force large than herself. Her abilities to lay defences allow her to defend a base while your entire army is on the offensive.