1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DropShips

Discussion in 'Terran' started by surr, Jul 10, 2007.

DropShips

Discussion in 'Terran' started by surr, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    It doesnt sound like your idea.

2. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

too lazy to read all replies, but thanks for the heads up

This is an unnecessary post and has been flagged as spam. Please read the forum guidelines before posting.

3. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    No problem. But since this thread only was 3 pages long, you should have read it. I basically read all pages in the threads I post in, but I suggest that you read thru all the threads that are less than 7-10 pages, pending on your interest.

*EDIT* This topic is old, but it would be fun to keep discussing ideas in it.

I prefered Paragons idea of simply giving them more slots.

4. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    I agree. It is extremely important to read the entire thread before posting. Otherwise you're just spamming on the topic that was suggested when your exact ideas may have been stated earlier in the thread.

Not to mention this is a necro-post (borrowing the term) which makes it even worse.

I think that not reading the thread is rude at the least and just plain spamming at the worst.

Even if a thread is 23 pages long, you should just avoid it rather than posting in it just to say that you didn't read it or to post your frivolous ideas without reading what anyone else had to say on the subject.

That's just selfish, and I will continue to penalize members for engaging in such behavior.

5. Chax424

Chax424 New Member

A
    Well I agree with you all, but that is a tad off topic.
    To the question:
    I think they are fine the way they are. The races aren't supposed to be identical. The Terran have the Ghosts Drop Pod Ability, which I think will do the trick.
    If you watched the Protoss game play video, which I hope you all have...
    (if not: http://www.starcraft2.com/movies.xml )
    the Terran drop ships now touch down while unloading, which is just plain bad ass.
    Like a few people have said, some speed might be nice.
    But, to answer the question, no I don't think Dropships will have too many fancy new features, but I could easily be wrong.

6. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

crash landing, first unit in a dropship that blows up survives. probably shouldn't be for the units that take 4 slots though.

7. Chax424

Chax424 New Member

A
    Great idea!
    I think the "survivors" should be determined differently.
    Only infantry could survive, so yea no four slot units.
    I don't know how it would be determined, random would be lame, something better
    Thoughts?

8. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    have VIP slots that could be assigned to units you want to live

and welcome to the forum

9. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    i think that all infantry should survive but loose 80% of their hp or so,(If this is implemented) so if one of them is a medic you´ll have em patched up in no-time.

10. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

nah i think it should be random, it'll be cool to see some crashes from pure miracle that all your unit are unhurt and some crashes only one survives.

11. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I think a afterburner would be a good upgrade but it should be a short distance say just Long enough to blast over a defensive line not cross the map.

Maybe either have a 2 second burn limit or a 1/2 to 1 screen distance limit before requiring recharge

12. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Starcraft does not go hand in hand with random you know. The Arguement "it'll be cool" only works if we are talking about the single player campaign of a FPS.

13. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Well we could do 1/4 of the units will survive but which ones it is will be random

14. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

but this is not starcraft, this is starcraft 2. You can do so much by just upgrading the graphics and adding new units or abilities. So it actually boils down to introducing new elements

15. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    The Drop Ship doesn't really need any of the suggested upgrades. So far, each team has a way of basically teleporting in units, and a way of transporting units.
    Protoss can 'teleport' units with their Warp In ability, and can transport units with their Phase Prism.
    Terran can 'teleport' units with their Drop Pod ability, and can transport units with their Drop Ship.
    Zerg can 'teleport' units with their Nydus Wyrm, and can transport units with their Overlord (most likely).
    Each of the 'teleport abilities require sight of the area where you are spawning your units. the Protoss' Warp In will always have the sight of their Pylon or Phase Prism, because they are the things that supply the Power Grid to warp then units in. The Terran's Drop Pod will always have sight because they will always have the sight of the Ghost that is signaling the Drop Pods. Zerg will always require sight because you cannot order buildings to be built on For-of-War, just like how it was in StarCraft1. This means that another unit will have to scout to remove the Fog-of-War, before the other side of the Nydus Wyrm can be built.
    All the transports would probably work the same as in StarCraft1. I would hate to see that vehicles cannot be placed in transport ships, because that would render them useless in certain scenarios.

16. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    the survivor idea is acceptable, it sucks in sc1 that you have your swarm of units in dropships then all of the sudden, wiped out and no one left behind, also with your tanks and goliaths