1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dragoons or Immortals Which is Better?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Protoss Kills Infinitely, Jun 30, 2007.

?

Which one do you like most???

1. Dragoons

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Immortals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Dragoons or Immortals Which is Better?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Protoss Kills Infinitely, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Re: Dragoons or Immortals Which is Better???

Stalkers > immortals > goons.

Stalkers are just as tough as goons shield/HP wise, can blink, can aquire separate ground and air targets simutaneously. Stalkers are also gonna be focus fire hell for your opponents. Stalkers win.

Immortals are kinda like ultras in functionality, tanking meat shield unit. But they at least have a ranged attack, and they're also presumably lower on the tech tree. Ranged ultra that's easier on tech isn't bad at all really, although they do move a little slow. I've been saying for the longest time that immortals won't attack air, but that remains to be seen. I also don't think EMP will have any effect on immortal's hardened shield. It's only a "shield" by name, which can be deceiving, it appears only to be a second set of armor calculation with a triggering threshold.

I never liked goons. They were multipurpose and the Toss backbone, but they were never that great. I think they were only what they were because Toss didn't have anything better. I think it's great that Toss now gets not one but two upgraded goons.

2. drewcbarnard

drewcbarnard Member

I think ya pretty much summed it all up there Remy. I'd have to agree, Immortals are limited in function which is why stalkers at the end of the day take the gold home. The blink ability is really neat, I can't wait to see it more in action.

3. paragon

paragon Guest

Perhaps the hardened shield will only be deactivated by EMP if it is up while it won't be affected when it is down. The shields seemed to stay up for a little bit when the siege tanks were attacking but they weren't up all the time.

4. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Yea, I share that thought with you paragon.

5. Monan

Monan New Member

In my opinion, the immprtals are better because of their new shild, but i like more the dragoons (how they look and stuff)

6. Ghost

Ghost New Member

I dont know why people say ultras are good agains siege tanks, ultras get analy raped by my siege tanks. And focused fire turns them to liquid in a matter of seconds.

7. burkid

burkid New Member

they mean how ultras are supposed to function

8. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast

Zerg ain't got anything better on the ground than ultras to go up against a lot of siege tanks.

Ultras with darkswarm is Zerg's biggest knock on your front door.

9. paragon

paragon Guest

or zergling with dark swarm. they attack faster and you can fit more of them there especially if it is a ramp. I haven't run the number but I bet the damage output of the zerglings you could fit around a tank is higher than that of the damage output of ultralisks you could fit around a tank. Besides, I'd just use guardians in that instance.

10. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?

You've got to remember the shield is only used with heavier attacks, everything smaller will cause the Protoss player to tear their hair out.
    The delay on the Immortal attack is kind of bad and I've yet to see an Immortal attack air.

11. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT

eh well the purpose of the ultra is to attack a heavily fortified area. A group of siege tanks may not even kill an ultra especially with upgraded armor and speed. Once and ultra get to minimum range, they are screwed. I usually use ultras as a mere diversion cause ultras do give a sense of panic since they are f-in huge and kinda hard to kill especially in groups.

We still don't really know the cost of an immortal or whether it is anti-air or not. Also I think the hardened shield also degrades and depletes after several siege tank hits. We also don't know the hp/shield and attack value. So really until I see something... goons>immortals in terms of versatility and its role as a mobile photon cannon.

The way I think about it though Stalker + Immortals = Dragoon - Blink - Special Shield. I'd take the stalker/immortal combo, but I take the dragoon over the immortals any day.

12. paragon

paragon Guest

I'd even take the stalker alone over the dragoon

stalker > dragoon > immortal

13. DontHate

DontHate New Member

i think...
    immorals>stalker>dragoon
    becuase immortals have better hp and shields, stronger attack, about the same cooldown. also they're about the same speed without the blink.

14. paragon

paragon Guest

immortals are much slower than stalkers. and their attack is almost much slower. and they most likely cost a lot more so you can't make as many.

15. DontHate

DontHate New Member

how can u be sure they cost more? lets say the stalkers are just like a DT. u get them later in the game, and they cost about the same as a immortal. Just becuase it looks bigger and is more powerful doesn't always mean it's more monies.

16. burkid

burkid New Member

umm... stalkers move faster, attack faster, have a higher range, and are more mobile. immortals might have stronger attack and shields, but they are much slower and lower range, so a stalker could take down an immortal without even getting hit.

17. paragon

paragon Guest

exactly, and you would have more stalkers than immortals anyways so the immortals would be outnumbered and unable to get away. Stalkers are like vicious pack animal... robots...

18. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Looks like immortal won the poll xD

19. DontHate

DontHate New Member

against dragoons...

20. Ghost

Ghost New Member

and whats the poll about?