1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does the Terran need a new air unit or a better one?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Cotcan, Mar 26, 2009.

?

1. a new air unit

43.5%
  2. Change a current air unit

8.7%
  3. Change all the air units

4.3%
  4. Current air

43.5%

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Cotcan, Mar 26, 2009.

1. lvhoang

lvhoang New Member

Seattle, WA, USA
    I could not agree more with what s just been said. Wraith has been parted into 2 different units that are way better at their respective jobs (banshee @ ATG and Viking @ ATA). Only drawback, but I think this is negligible - at least according to me: you have 2 units instead of one, so it probably needs you to make more strategic choices.

2. Novacute

Novacute New Member

Well, i like the idea of a dual purpose vehicle, it does add alot of versatility to a vehicle. So for me, viking is an ideal vehicle for both Air and Ground purposes. I am abit disappointed that the Viking is actually quite weak against ground targets (10) damage as opposed to Goliath's 12 Base damage in Starcraft. Well i'm also for the idea of having a dedicated Air Unit like the Wraith, or something similar.

3. lvhoang

lvhoang New Member

Seattle, WA, USA
    Well, last I heard, the viking is already powerful vs AIR units (armored air I mean). Its ability to land to the ground is supposed for this unit to evade some air attackers that cant attack on ground (e.g. Phoenix, supposed to be a counter for the Viking).
    As a result, Viking's ability to come to ground is more of a temporary evasion, so if you give him more powerful attacks on the ground, that would make him effective against both AIR and GROUND. And I do not think this is the purpose of the Viking.