1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do zealots sound crapper now?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by PeterPetreli, May 28, 2007.

Do zealots sound crapper now?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by PeterPetreli, May 28, 2007.

1. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

It does seem like a very good storyline. "We are the blades... ...on Aiur!". If I remember correctly, there was a Xel'Naga temple on Aiur just like there is on Shakuras, but it was destroyed during the Zerg infestation (campaign...). If they do manage to wipe out the Zerg life on it and create a pretty tight defense, they'd be easy prey for another Zerg attack without the Temple. My guess is that they either copy the Shakuras one and build a replica on Aiur, or they ask the Xel nicely to make them one. Also, one of my possible storylines is that the Xel actually conquer Aiur for themselves.

2. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    He just invoked Godwin's Law.

3. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

I did? OMG how silly of me...

<_<

>_>

What is Godwin's Law???

4. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

It is usually considered to be a sign that the subject has been beaten to death, that useful conversation is probably over.
    I figured you were doing it on purpose because you appropriately added "[/thread]."

5. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

;D ;D ;D Hahahahaaaa....... That's priceless. :D

6. danhillman693

danhillman693 Member

I have seen some threads in other forums go way more off-topic than this. Probably like 11 whole pages of worthless off-topic spam.

7. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Ooooh, but what about Argus? Yeah....That would be interesting.

8. starcraft2iscoming

starcraft2iscoming New Member

How can you link sound waves? I want to post the quote, My life for Auir!

9. starcraft2iscoming

10. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

The Khalis contains the energy of the Dark Templar, and the Uraj the energy of the High Templar. The Khaydarin doesn't contain any specific energy, but it is the Protoss' most common power source. While invading Aiur, the Zerg obtained a few of them (Khaydarin crystals) and absorbed them, thus giving the Zerg instead of no crystal signature, a Khaydarin Crystal signature. The Argus stones are the Dark Templar equivalent of the Khaydarin i. e. power source, however, no Zerg who invaded Shakuras lived to capture one, so the Argus is nowhere but on Shakuras' power stations or whatever.

The way that the Xel'Naga Temple works is: by putting a specific crystal in it, you tell it what NOT to affect, so the Protoss on Shakuras need both the Uraj and the Khalis to make sure that the temple didn't kill the HT or the DT. Since the Hybrids would contain traces of all three energies, it would be unaffected by a Temple blast and thus free to invade Shakuras.

Also, does anybody else find this statement ironic?
    "Artanis, a follower of the Khala, was chosen to carry the Uraj while Zeratul, a Dark Templar, would carry the Khalis. They were successful, scouring the Zerg from the planet."

11. coalescence

coalescence New Member

On the other hand, what if alle 3 of the energies would be needed for a hybrid to stay alive. The weapon would negate one of the 3 energies so maybe the hybrid would also die. And there is no evidence that a hybrid would have both HT and TD energies so maybe it would be one of the two and not one of the three.

And why is it ironic?

12. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

^It's ironic because the High Templars are the followers of the Khala, but the actual KhalIS crystal belongs to the Dark Templars. Khala - Khalis - Khala - Khalis - etc...

And it's true, I did think about whether Duran made the clones using either HT or DT genes... He could have just made a HT/DT hybrid and then just make a hybrid of that with the Zerg; or he could have just made different Hybrids with different Protoss... And it's true, we don't know whether the Temple affects targets with more than one energy signature, the only way for us to check would be to have had Tassadar alive and on Shakuras when it was used. But I can assume, can't I? ;D

13. danhillman693

danhillman693 Member

Dark Templars are probably my favorite unit. They even sound cool when they die.

14. danhillman693

danhillman693 Member

Here is the dragoon death sound byte.

15. starcraft2iscoming

Now that you think about it, and listen again, your right! lol

16. WHAT!

WHAT! New Member

lmao thats awesome....

17. mc2

mc2 New Member

LOL, they have to be really angry because they died for the 2nd time....i would be really PO if i was brought back to life just to be killed again. and im PO that fenix died...

18. coalescence

coalescence New Member

I always thought I was mistakin by thinkin that.

19. starcraft2iscoming

Man how can you pilot a dragoon? your body is just stuffed in a metal case and filled with cold water. Do they use there mind powers to steer and fire it? And i would be pissed if i was brought back from the dead, to fight some more, until i die yet again. If i died as a dragoon, I'd say " AHH F**K NOT AGAIN!!!" Just watching a decomposing protoss body pored out of a metal machine alonge with cold water would make me barf!

20. mc2

mc2 New Member

The Dragoon would be glad that he's killed the 2nd time

Kerrigan: Fenix, you ready to die the second time?
    Fenix: although I am ready to face my destiny......................the Khala awaits me.................(dies)

Raynor: NO!!!
    Kerrigan: what are you so worked up about? He died the way every Protoss wish they could, in combat!
    Raynor: that's it I'm gonna kill you one day!!!