1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you want the Zerg Broodling to return in SC2?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Protosscommander, Aug 14, 2007.

?

do you want to see those Broodlings in starcraft 2 still?

1. Yes! i want to see them again

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No! i dont want to see them anymore

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Do you want the Zerg Broodling to return in SC2?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Protosscommander, Aug 14, 2007.

1. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    The thing i dont get in sc1 was how come you can kill tanks and goliaths with broodlings when they are not organic unit? but meh...it was fun blowing those tanks up =P

2. timedragon888

timedragon888 New Member

Zerg has a new unit called Succubus that controls enemy units for a moment, then causing it to explode. That may show that Blizzard intends to replace the broodlings with Succubus. Of course, I still like to have the old seige tank -> broodling trick so I hope that broodlings will come back!

3. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    timedragon give us some sources? proof?

thnx for the help protosscommander =P

4. MobileInfantry

MobileInfantry New Member

I wondered that too how it could blow up a tank, I mean there are no visible screens where you can see the pilot though and break through it. And I dont think something spit at a heavy metal could break though the metal and kill the pilot and blow up the whole tank as well. Unless blizzard decides to make special death animations for tanks, like theres a giant hole in the tank so you know its dead and the broodlings crawl out. Otherwise I dont think it would make any sense. It seems only possible for goliaths as they have a giant screen where you can see the pilot fully and that parasite could probably break through and kill him. But since goliaths aren't in SC:2 maybe vikings will be able to spawn broodlinged in ground mode. Overall they could make it return just make sure it kills only "fleshy" units.

5. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    According to wiki:

A succubus (plural succubi or succubuses) or succuba (plural succubae) is a demon who takes the form of a beautiful human female to seduce men (especially monks) in dreams to have sexual intercourse. They draw energy from the men to sustain themselves, often until the point of exhaustion or death of the victim. From mythology and fantasy, Lilith and the Lilin (Jewish) and Lilitu (Sumerian) are, in redactive Christian fables (folktales not part of official Christian theology), considered succubi.

6. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Higher level Zerg players don't use queens. Queens sucked, broodlings sucked, I don't want to see either.

7. joshin

joshin New Member

I remember I barely killed one marine with two broodlings once...
    the one broodling lived with 3hp or so.

I think using the ability is lotsa fun, but it costs way to much energy to use it seriously.
    It would be cool if queens could infest low hp Thors! That would be awesome...

8. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Its too much energy for the effect it produces. Killing a single BIOLOGICAL unit? It's only really effective against Terran because of that.

Good things to kill:
    Tanks
    Goliaths
    Medics
    Dragoons

Things you can't kill:
    Archons
    Reavers
    etc...

Pretty much only a couple of valuable units for you to take out with an ability that costs 150 MANA!!!!
    It effectively takes your queen out of commission for at least 100 "game" seconds to kill just ONE unit.
    I never used broodling. Only Ensnare in Tier 2... and even then I only had one or two of the things around. Only good to slow down stimmed Marines or reveal critical cloaked units (wraiths, Arbitered Carriers).
    In Tier 3 I quickly, and I mean QUICKLY moved on to Defilers. Unless against Toss... then only plague counts. But against toss u go crackling/Ultra.

9. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Ehh... not so much. Ghosts are easy to kill once you see them, so it might be a better tactic to simple Ensnare them. You could THEN Broodling them, but only with sufficient energy. You can't Broodling them unless you can't see them, so Ensnaring would actually be more effective. Then you'd need a unit to kill the sucker.

10. brc9210

brc9210 New Member

Well i play terran mostly and it is anoying when half your tank force is killed by 2 queens because then your tanks fire on the broodlings therfore splashing your remaining tanks and hurting you even more before you can possibly have a chance to react.

11. venado

venado New Member

Yes, me too... the broodlings are very enoying units, and they only server to kill the host...
    A good improvement could be that the spawning wasn't immediate, and you have chance to heal the unit... the terran will can, but no the protoss.

12. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    thats not fair! Just scrap the Broodling and let Blizzard come up with something else! Atleast, another version of the Broodling. Good suggestion, letting it take time for it to kill the host.

13. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    ARE YOU KIDDING?!?!?!?!?

Give them a chance to heal? FOR 150 MANA you can't KILL the unit immediately? I mean seriously. It's already not worth the mana as it is!

14. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    errr.... when he came up with that idea, he didnt say it would cost 150 mana. You shoulnt jump conclusions like that.

15. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Actually, Gasmask, I wasn't jumping to any conclusions. Nowhere on this thread did he say anything about reducing the cost of the mana for the spell. He simply said an IMPROVEMENT would be to make it healable. That means there would be no edit for the mana unless he had expressed that. Therefore, the required mana would be 150. Not specifying the change means there would be no change.

Thank you for your inadequate input, Gasmask.

Thank you, come again! Slurpee and SlimJim for you?