1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion unit - the Mutalisk

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Bthammer45, Aug 30, 2009.

Discussion unit - the Mutalisk

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Bthammer45, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    The muta thing wouldn't be a bad idea, and I think that freedom is right about the battle reports and the first real match.

I wonder how long till beta, then YouTube will be flooded with new videos of how the Zerg are really "boring" (to some) but hella over powered (maybe).

2. Cabbage

Cabbage New Member

Speed upgrade sounds good.
    Another idea is to make the brood lord evolve from the mutalisk.

3. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    That wouldn't be bad, but blizz is trying to get away from that concept right now (because it's a copy from the last game) so we could either make it something you build straight from larva or mutate from something else.

I guess the mutalisk does kinda lose it's "name" because it doesn't mutate though.
    Maybe the muta could upgrade it's self, so you get the hive and then you get a small upgrade at the spire that will upgrade the speed and attack when you mutate each individual one, but make it somewhat expesive and be a GOOD upgrade, not just something like a little speed and range, maybe speed range and a big damge boost, (it would be late game anyway. So screw overpowered, Zerg suck late game anyway.)

4. Cabbage

Cabbage New Member

Disagreement with your last sentence. Zerg pwns with their Broodlords and corruptors. Its just hard to survive through mid-game and actually mass up those gigantic flying beasts.

5. Mattbaumann777

Mattbaumann777 New Member

Yeah, the zerg suck late game because they have no power. They need to be revamped and given some actual fighting capabilities.

6. necromas

necromas New Member

Minneapolis, MN
    I don't care what they do as long as ZvZ doesn't go back to being either muta-ling or cheese in every match.

7. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

I think corruptors just need to be tweaked up a bit so they can deal with heavy air to air a bit better aka carriers motherships ect.

Mutalisks are doing pretty good atm but I think its just because people are still toying around with them as of now

Unlike what people are saying protoss has 2 counters to mass mutalisks either archons or the phoenix they have 40 more hit points a do about double their damage.

8. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    but when you can then you totaly own!

besides if you're ganna have an attitude like that you're never ganna get to late game
    and a pro does fine in late game as long as he can get the minerals, which means you gatta choose the right map as well as the right strategy and stuff to last that long.

and try not to own them with you're units before late game

9. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Mutalisks are incredibly powerful late-game. If you can get a group of 20 and micro them properly without getting his by a mass attack like psi-storm, etc. You can absolutely devastate an opponent.

It is so hard to deal with the multiple threats that Zerg brings late game while trying to expand and macro at the same time.