1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion unit - the Mutalisk

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Bthammer45, Aug 30, 2009.

Discussion unit - the Mutalisk

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Bthammer45, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    I was just asking how much supply. (sweet =D)

And I meant 256 because 16*16 is 256
    But I guess the section box (display of units bottom middle) wouldn't show the units in a square.

2. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    OH U MEAN IN SC2 LOL

idk 0.0
    normally in sc1, it was 200, but in phantom mode, it was 802

sc2 its still 200 i think

3. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    By phantom mode you mean useing map settings and spawning stuff?
    Just wondering.

4. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    u dun spawn. its like normal sc, but u have 802 supply, creating units faster, one or two players are phantom/paladin, they get free min/gas, fast create rate too i THINK

5. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    Oh, I've played that but it was a long time ago. And I suked. Was usually the first to go if not first to be picked and killed as the phantom.

(how sad!)

6. Arvendragon

Arvendragon Member

Canada
    BTW, in case you want to know, its not 802.

Poker Def has made 1k+.

Physically, almost any amount ( to I think something either in 1600's or 6400's) is possible, but the amount of sprites/units used is insane.

Only 1700 Sprites/Units can be used at a time.

7. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    per player?

so if I had a Family guy mass map then each player could have upto 1700 units each?

so a map can only handle 13,600 units?

though I haven't played poker def.

8. cutflishri

cutflishri Guest

Thanks for the suggestion, I wish it had worked.

9. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    which suggestion? (coute nxt time plz)

10. alex1

alex1 New Member

cutflishri's obviously a spammer... he hopes you'll click on his add on the signature ^^

11. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    would say arvendragon, would be more of a spammer...

12. Redlazer

Redlazer New Member

Considering how basically every unit for every race has some kind of dynamic, unique effect, the Mutalisk isn't lucky to have one.

13. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

I re-watched the blizcon 09 sc2 2v2 matches. Particularly round 2 wherein the mutalisk and corruptor was used. After doing so, I just laughed at the zerg players mutalisks and corruptor getting decimated by the stalkers and hydralisks of David Kim and his partner. Yeon-hos' zerg partner is basically doing old school build (zerglings + mutalisks) against the stalkers and colossus that immediately were vaporized by the protoss laser show.

Now, can anybody here give a suggestion on what are possible tier 2 zerg counters against these? I'm thinking that as of now, it's possibly just mass hydras considering they got that same range against stalkers and the good bonus to air units that can also be a colossus weakspot. If they could have managed to make an infestor with neural parasite in that game, the game might have taken a different phase. But since that didn't happen they didn't have any other choice but to get defeated themselves..

Mutalisks might become obsolete in SC2 unless some changes could be made. Not only did mutas loss their stacking stability, they also loss their ability to evolve. Seeing the changes from terran and protoss, it looked like they were designed specifically to counter most of zergs options. Story-wise that is no problem, but when it comes down to your daily matches I just can't bare to watch zerg being the underdog after being glorious during brood war.

The zerg is crying right now, if sam wise is there please help them T_T

14. alex1

alex1 New Member

Im sure lurker would have helped. But then, maybe it's too early in the game to have them....

15. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    I think a teir 2 lurker with a seige range upgrade at hive wouldn't be to bad.

And maybe blizz could find a way to put he muta stacking back I'm the game. I guess the only reason mutas could stack was because of crappy programing.

16. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

Nowadays I'd rather think the worse... roach gets borrow movement? great! Now that just sounds like a perfect zerg burial to me... may they r.i.p.

I hope that G.def would stop his thread invasion.

17. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    Thank you for noticing...

I find it kinda anoying. Plus the forums seem to be moving really slow so it seems I can not go on for a few weeks and still have nothing to talk/comment about.

And I like the Zerg the most (nkt likeing them so much in sc2 tho) so if I look I go straight for zerg most of the time and domt feel like giving it the extra effort to look at the other sections.

I must be really lazy when I have nothing to do and I'm refusing to do the only thing I have to do.

Oh and btw it does feel like the Zerg are going to end up as one giant barial, (I'm sure I spelled that wrong)
    If the Zerg keep getting sh!ty stuff put in and changed I'm not going to at them anymore. Maybe every once in a while but I think either terrans (but they seem to have way to much crap) and cknsiderig the terrans have too many gagets maybe toss but they seem to suck to. (from my opinion at least)

To me SC2 is looking like a pile of sh!t.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  18. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

Yeah, I like the zerg most too.

When people talk of SC2 they usually say..........

Terran = Marauder, Hellion, Thor, Raven, Banshee, Viking
    Protoss = Mothership, Stalker, Voidray, Disruptor, Immortal, Colossus, Warpray
    Zerg = Queen, Baneling, Roach? Overseer? Broodlord? Corruptor? Infestor?

The problem here is that people are doubtful of zergs current roster. The way that things worked up during the last 2 years has been plentiful for terran and protoss. If you are someone who noticed the Swarm Guardian - Broodlord change, you do realize that the devs are trying to minimize resurrecting old zerg units because their already too much.

With the current Mutalisk build, I still think that they will remain as efficient as before in terms of economic harassment, but if the enemy opts for anti air units like the thor, I'm not so sure anymore of how that fight will occur. The bottom line here is that mutalisk harassment is severed by the implementation of these resource mechanics and various anti air mechanics (thor, 2xturret missiles, tougher bunker, Heat-seeker Missile etc. But so far we have only been able to watched Planned BRs, and once we do get to watch a serious 1v1 match, I think that will open up tons of possibility and answers for each players.

19. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    Yea, well a strat I think I will use is guarding up and turtling and trying to expand, them max curropter and brood lords, I will watch as the enemy is crippled by massive ling fire.

Oh and I just had a thought. Maybe the reason they uped the hp on the brood lord and corrupter is because they wanted them to last more them 30 seconds against a Thor (btw how much hp does the curropter have)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  20. AlphaCentarui1

AlphaCentarui1 New Member

I actually support the slower speed for mutas, it would make muta rushes less efficient in the beginning when GtA is lacking. (Assuming hydras are tier 2)
    Then, at tier 3, they should get a speed upgrade to make themselves extremely fast (faster than SC1?), to balance out the difficulty of stacking and regulate it to hit-n-run. Retreating vs. Thor's godly range would also be easier. In ZvZ, mutas will fare a little better against mass hydras. In ZvP, stalkers would have the option to pursuit or retreat. Phoenixes would require better micro and ambush tactics, carriers would need more backup, etc.
    Also, they should do 11 dmg so Marine&Medivac wouldn't be a hard counter w/ shields. This would also allow for a flat 10 dmg to buildings (most buildings have 1 armor) and immortals.