1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion unit - the Mutalisk

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Bthammer45, Aug 30, 2009.

Discussion unit - the Mutalisk

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Bthammer45, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Game play time, what about the fact of being useful.

It could be scraped for campaign only and bring back are friend the swarm gaurdian with some unique features.

or lower the cost so its can be a swarmable unit and makeing it do full damage to all 3 units its simple and effective

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  2. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

Now that i could agree too. If they scrapped the unit it could be replaced with something completely new a fresh. I would give the zerg a real spur in unit choices. that or give it something else, but i think a new unit would be more of a plus.

3. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    Who watches pro matches here? (I do) and when I see mutas being used they are never morphed, they harras with them and seemg as the pathing is better and that to can select 4 times the amount you could in SC1 mutas are just going to be massed with a one hit kill to almost anything.

For that reason here's what I say,
    -either give the muta both the curropter and brood lord morph
    -or they will be nerfed because you could on hit kill almost anything with them
    -however I could see the HP going up a bit and the cost staying at 100 each so that they don't insta die to area affects such as how if you pulled them back you could save them from being killed by a psi storm. But I guess the HP there is up to balence.

I personaly see the mutalisk as a new super unit in SC 2 combine muta stacking with around 4 times what you could control at a time you've just created the ultimate wepon of destruction.

But it's not invincable either, and I hope this thread doesn't turn into the thing about tanks and collosus, because mutas don't need to be a super power house that could take down anything and everything without any weakness at all.

4. Cabbage

Cabbage New Member

The mutalisks are much less inefficient in SC2 because they can't be stacked anymore, so it will be much harder to one hit kill enemies. So they need to be better, and not nerfed.

5. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

So Gardian_Defender you think mutas are gonna 1 shot a thor?! thats nuts I'm sure with the way terrans and protoss play now mutas of the old days wont be as useful vs stalkers, thors, ghost, and everything else that can shoot in the skys. it just seems like the mutas of sc1 are dead and gone.

6. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    I was saying if they could stack like sc1 they would kick anyones ass, especialy with a same diversion of the thors attack with a ground attack they would have ebought damge combined to take out thors in 1-2 hits.

But I guess the new pathing messed up the stacking stuff didn't it?

Well, I guess they need an upgrade for a fourth hit and it makes all the hits do full damge and I want'em cheap.
    75/75 at the most. More like 75-50.

I also wouldn't mind them going faster.

(that's just what I would like knowing there's no stacking)
    I'm pretty sure most of that was metioned above though.

7. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

At the end of the day it will all comedown to balance changes, either it be an attack damage upgrade, extra glave bounce, hp boost etc., it could be anything but hardly a new unit coz glave wurms are damn good (just like reavers but they were cut T_T). I'm not sure what changes will they do with this or if even will they bother dealing with this. Lets just hope that the mutas will be able to fare well in the game when it comes out next year... and I also hope that it gets released before blizzcon '10 and just to hear that there will be another delay for sc2 in xmas season 2k11 argh.

8. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Exactly its will be in beta where this unit and all the other units balance will be made and until that happens we can only speculate how this unit will be made useful.

9. alex1

alex1 New Member

Needless to say, Zergs seem to suffer from not being as thoroughly elaborated by the Blizz team as the Terrans. I hope they will use some more time to focus on the Zergs because right now, this race lacks lots of things.

In SC1, I loved the Zergs :)

In SC2, everyone will play Terran ^^

10. ShoGun

ShoGun Guest

I agree somewhat with what you said Bthammer, the zerg seem to have retained most of their old sc1 units. I say replace the mutalisk with something different that can compensate for its departure. I would LOVE to see something new; wouldn't mind too much if they replaced the lurker either.

11. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Not so, just because their a bit seemingly overpowered doesn"t make the fact that everyone is going to play Terran.

Im sure by time beta the units will be balanced better and each race will be viable (even more so in beta testing) and out of the 3 races im looking forward to the protoss the most but that's just me (zerg are second)

12. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    yes to me terrans really do seem a bit imba. 2 seige wepons (not including bc with its freakin yamato)
    hugeass range
    DAMN BUFFEDUP BC at this point, bc w/ matrix > mothership 1v1 :) that is, of course, depending on wat vortext does, and if temporal rift stops it.
    bc w/ yamato > mothership, again depending on abilities. but still.... mothership should >>>>>>bc even without abilities and the bc uses its abilities

as for zerg, I WANT SCOURGE BACK DAMMIT! GRRR....

13. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Its all numbers, unit placement, and abilities something that can be changed during beta if things seem a bit over or under powered.

14. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    yayyyyyyyy

15. alex1

alex1 New Member

Yeah, I agree BThammer that there will be a beta and that by the end of the day, it might all come to balance.
    I'm just surprised how, right now:
    - Terrans seem too powerful and overdone compared to the 2 other races
    - Protoss are nerfed in many aspects (I cannot see how Terrans got nerfed in any way)
    - Zergs obviously lack originality (maybe they were the race that has been the least worked on by Blizz)

In SC1, I was a big fan of the Zergs, but well, I played random because terrans and Toss were also great in their own way.

As things are right now for SC2, Im just saying that I think people would be better off with Terrans. As far as I am concerned, the game is balanced "if" playing random race is a viable choice. But this is just my opinion we still got 1 year ahead of us before a beta LOL

And hell yeah, I want something new for the mutas :)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  16. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    In my opinion (opinion, not demands so I will ignore all 'blizzard knows best' responses) Mutalisks need to be stronger individually. An improvement in health or attack not spammability through cost. This is because with stacking not working as well as in Starcraft, Mutalisks have lost a great deal of their power and need more strength individually to do what they did with numbers previously.
    As far as a unit spawning upon death, look at Starcraft alpha's 'Avenger'. It was a scourge that spawned when any zerg flyer died. I would like to see it here, but I'm not crossing my fingers.

17. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    imo, mutas are supposed to be spammable :)
    imo, mutas not weak
    imo, i dun get how u cant stack, how does that work
    imo, get 50 mutas and ur good to go, ESPECIALLY cuz u cant stack
    imo, they should raise the supply limit :) idc how
    imo, they should make the map limit bigger :) 512x512 bitches or EVEN 1024x1024 >=D
    imo, i want scourges
    imo, roaches doing 16 damage to biological is bs (maybe like 8+6)
    imo, i like the zerg AtA more now, IF ONLY THERE WERE SCOURGES
    imo, toss is..........untossly
    imo, zerg is...........unzergly aka the freakin ultralisk and brood lord
    imo, i WANT THE BETA@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!111!!!!!!!oneone~!!!!!!!!!one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. beefstew2

beefstew2 New Member

Whats up with people saying stacking doesnt work? Or doesnt work as well? Stacks disperse FASTER then sc1 is all. You have to be on top of your game to prevent it but they still stack, and they still harass great. Add in the fact you can now controll how ever many you want in a single stack, i think its a fair trade off.

19. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    Stacking works if the unit is stationary. So when you go to attack (which is when you need them to stack) they spread out.

20. Cabbage

Cabbage New Member

No, in Battle report 1, when the two banshees were close together, and stationary, they moved apart. That might be an older version, but I'm pretty sure that hasn't changed. Anyways, its going to be much more harder to stack flyers in sc2, si m uch that its going to be impossible to consider it lethal. Soooo... I think mutas should go 75/75 OR hit more enemies per attack.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009