1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Different Type of Nukes

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Heavyarms2050, Dec 6, 2007.

?

Which type of nukes would you like to see in the game

1. Radioactive Nuke

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. MIRV Nuke (Nuke that releases mulitlple weaker nukes)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Standard Nuke

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. All of the above

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Only 2 of them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Others (Your idea of a new nuke)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Different Type of Nukes

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Heavyarms2050, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

Brilliant idea, they should make the shadow ops submergable, that way when your nuke is not in use, it would have extra protection of being underground. It can launch when its underground but it must be on the surface when it is empty

2. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    No, because the only way to destroy a nuke before it's launched is to destroy the structure with the nuke, and submerging it would make it too hard to destroy before the nuke launches.

3. needler

needler New Member

MIRV nuke sounds great. I would like to see when the nuke is coming down and before it lands there would come those small nukes and the enemy base would be full of those mushroom clouds. That would be different from that Mirv nuke from Heavyarms2050 pictures, because those small nukes would come before the big nuke lands. The normal nuke is good too, so I don't think it should be replaced, but the MIRV nuke is just cool.

4. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

@Wlck742
    that is exactly how it should be. Plus the concept of submergable buildings should not be limited to supply depos alone

5. Namor

Namor New Member

As the matter of fact i feel that the nuke is just bull***t..... Never used it.

The only thing is the cool voice that says "Nuclear lunch detected"

Actually i would like something new or nothing at all.... I voted for the mean radioactive nuke.

The problem is that it wont fit into loore. Terran, Protoss and Zerg are exposed for massive doses of radiation during space travel so of course they are immune to it.

6. nEveR_LifT

nEveR_LifT New Member

I like the idea of a air unit dropping the nuke, maybe a dropship. Or when the ghost calls it you see like a dropship fly from your base overhead the dropzone and unload the nuke! But of course the ship would be attacked by enemy anti-air, but it's still a neat idea.

7. happypills

happypills New Member

uhhh...I nuke is a nuke...haha I don't think you could have different "types."

The MIRV/Cluster nuke is a cool concept...but there really isn't a "weaker" nuke...you would just have smaller payloads break off...but if they all didn't detonate at the same time, I think one would set another off haha...plus, a very wide-spread nuke like that would be pretty unfair. Nukes already have a somewhat significant blast radius as is. I dunno if I'd wanna swap power for larger zone. I like the concentrated focus of the "current" nuke.

I think nukes should stay as they are...unless the silly toss Mothership ends up being much stronger (which I suspect it is compared to stopping a nuke). But that's another debate...

8. ShasOkais

ShasOkais New Member

Canada
    ooo the radioactive nuke reminds me of Red Alert 2. *sigh* good times. But MIRV nuke? lol how would the smaller nukes survive the blast?

9. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Think of it as cluster bombing with nukes. Nukes aren't detonated when they hit the surface, they're detonated by a remote signal before they hit the surface which means they could be all detonated at the same time.

10. Thalion

Thalion New Member

I've voted for 'Radioactive' nuke (dirty nuke leaving radioactives).
    Probably 'best' biological nuke would be Neutron Bomb (with greater range and killing all living organisms, causing also some small destruction on ground zero.)

11. happypills

happypills New Member

*cough*....nukes ARE radioactive...

12. Thalion

Thalion New Member

Right, but that one in SC just caused big explosion and no other effects. I was talking about THE NUKE which will change temporarily map environment.

13. Namor

Namor New Member

Anyone here who study physics... do you know how much radiation there is in space???

No race can travel in space without being able to withstand large doses of radiation...

14. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    or having ships that protect you from it

15. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    Standard, thrilling, scary nuke would just do great :good: and having radioactive nukes (even if nukes are radioactive anyway) this would be even more troublesome

16. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

it'll be no fun just to have a single type of nuke

17. ShasOkais

ShasOkais New Member

Canada
    ooo the MIRV nuke was featured in CoD4 that I just finished. Man that was the greatest Campaign FPS i ever played

18. Prodigal

Prodigal New Member

I would like to see a nuke that triples the amount of minerals CURRENTLY in each mineral patch, it would however create a hazard zone that would kill every unit and building it hits over time (permanent status mod). So for example you couldn't turn your home base into a money zone without destroying yourself, each of these nukes would also be very expensive to produce and would take three twice as long as a regular nuke to launch (making it mostly useful for base expansion).

19. capthavic

capthavic New Member

The nuke is fine the way it is. It already has good range and power.

20. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

I agree, it kills any unit it hits (Other than the BC, but it takes them out of action.), and two of them can destroy any building. Sounds good to me.