1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diablo MMO

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by TheWorker, May 18, 2008.

Diablo MMO

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by TheWorker, May 18, 2008.

1. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

Hey guys is the hellfire expansion for diablo, an official release or just a fan made mode??

i was really hyped back then when i was playing almost all of the characters up to the extent that i totally left wirt nothing better to sell... i played each character up to hell mode but in the end.. the only class that was able to par on hell difficulty for me was the monk at a level around 70's... coz of the splash damage staff attack

anyway if D3 will be released i want a monk who can do shaolin kung fu rather than puny staff tricks..

2. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    You call that puny staff tricks? He was freakin unbeatable in one on one

Hellfire was made by Sierra iirc, so not just fan made, but not exactly official either

3. KuraiKozo

KuraiKozo New Member

Uranus lol =D
    he was unbeatable 1v1
    i know becuase over the lan connection we used to have, eon would always be a sorcerer, i'd always be a warrior/rogue and i'd always lose xD

so yes, liked the magic casting class. i never really used it because i'm not so good with it, but i think it added to a lot of people who were really into magic and spells, like a lot of people are. and a monk!? come on. you can;t fight the forced of evil with your puny little arms made of meat and bone. they would freaking break when up agasint the touch armor of 90% of armor. The monk is not a class that should be in diablo, EVER. it's weak, and illfitted for the story/game. sure, it works in FinalFantasy (but as cool as it is) it does not belong in Diablo.

4. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    Are we still talking about monk here?

5. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

wahahahaha... technically speaking the world of reality is quite bendable when it comes to games like these... so a monk with other fighting skills besides puny staff tricks is quite a possible threat if it managed to be a unique class with powers that arent bounded by the laws of reality.. say, chakra energy? or some sort of chi that can be manipulated and used to enhance its fighting skills...

and about the weaponry, D2 was more comppetitive with its lore of various weaponry and some of those were fitted for the monks i say..

generally, i dont see a problem with any other class to be out of D3 since its quite an open ended world anyway with no restrictions of some sort..

6. KuraiKozo

KuraiKozo New Member

Uranus lol =D
    nope, i was talking about the sorcerer/sorceress/

@freedom: a monk wouldn;t e cool in the storyline. chakra and chi powers have alreayd been run to death by various games and shows. I want somethign that sounds threatening. Plus, the sorceress alreadya cted as soemone using magic and magic is a lot better than heightenend attacks. This isn;t naruto, i like Diablo on it's level of maturity, not implying kid elemts. not saying the monk is a kid element, only that it's stuck in liek a million little kids' shows. i would know, my sis is ten. I want really any class, but the monk sounds kinda ill fit for this game <.<

7. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

It varies on every1s perception about the monk.. it takes a hell amount of years and discipline to make one, so i dont see why is it such a childish thing for you... perhaps it was just a bit misused as a generic profession in other games or shows but the fact that its one of the most proficient martial arts ever definitely doesnt prove that its childs play..

The D2 assassin class is also most comparable to the monk.. I didnt intend on insisting a monk class for d3 but i just want to give it a fighting chance against demons coz technically they are on the lawful side of the force...

Im quite unsure if Diablo was intended for matured discression coz it was like for general pg13 type of game especially the D2LOD.... even my 4 & 6 yr old female nieces are playing them (sorceress n assassin) It was candy for the eyes... perhaps it was just toned down so much, unlike the original wherein a few steps within the church would give you a big creep especially when you see the slaughterhouse of the butcher...

Perhaps it wouldnt be appropriate for a storyline, possibly right coz most of the classess are born of the western side, so im guessing that there will be also no other classess that are born from the east side will be there too... anyway beating demons arent only about magic.. its common to see a war with the frontliners with the support attackers, raiders, and casters/nukers, so i dont see a reason not seeing a heightened attack of any sort being less better than magic..

Last edited: May 28, 2008
  8. KuraiKozo

KuraiKozo New Member

Uranus lol =D
    Star Wars convention thatta way -->

he Box says M on it for a reason.

If you can play with your knees, all power to you. but if you mean your nephews or nieces, yes. Little kida play violent games all the time. that doesn't change the rating posted on the box FYI. maybe their parents should be respinsible and regulate what they play.

[quote="freedom]Perhaps it wouldnt be appropriate for a storyline, possibly right coz most of the classess are born of the western side, so im guessing that there will be also no other classess that are born from the east side will be there too[/quote]
    thank you for answering your own question and proving my point. let's move on.

9. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

i bet you didnt see this coming!! nyahahaha

Your point is just a mere speculation as of now, given the fact that, the Diablo world was meddling with the east (middle-east) and that it also just gave a thought that a world with one Hell doesnt mean that only the people on the westside of the planet can take over the responsibility of being the Hero... its generally a wold threat and every1 is at call for aid...

hah! take that.. lil'imp

10. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    We're talking about "eastern classes" as in those of easter origin in Real - our world. In game you visit east in D2 (after crossing the desert) and I don't remember seeing any monks or ninjas there, have you seen any?

11. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

its rather a mystery.. since the assasins class are groups of shadow hunters.. and "martial arts skills, and traps are generally a ninja's cup of tea

And actually the desert mercenaries are also knowned as sand raiders...

12. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

well, i guess you are all going to kill me for this, but here it goes: i really like AV in WOW, but not because of its size or bosses, but because you actually can support NPC troops. This was also so in a few custom w3 maps. i would like this idea to be implemented in the d2 battlegrounds, where you are around to support your army(either by supplying them, or dropping bombs, or using siege weapons) and you are not that much stronger than a NPC soldier

13. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

My mercenary was helpful. I had to buy elite gear for him though, but he pretty much was able to manage on his own. Perhaps being able to give commands to your merc might be a useful aspect for the new Diablo. After all, mercenaries weren't meant to be the super strong heroes, the player was.

14. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

makes sense.. but maybe the penalties can be adjusted for your merc when he/she dies coz its a real money burner when he dies at a high level continously..

15. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    I don't see the reason for not hating a bad game just because it's made by a specific developer. Big name companies make and/or publish crap games all the time. But anyway...

What do you all think about advanced classes that are not available initially? I was toying with that thought. Late-game classes that are only available to you when you hit the requirements, such as beating the game in Hell/NightMare, reaching a certain level, or something else. There are so many possibilities and different paths that can be taken with that. Such as your character gets to keep all/part/none of the skills, or whether the available late-game classes will be specific to each class or if they're universal. No matter the specific implementation, I think it could add some meaning to leveling fresh characters when you've tried every class, beyond just the reason of having messed up like 1 point in stats or skills.

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

16. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

i had another idea: No classes at all, through the game you ally yourself with factions and empires and so on, and if they like you enough they give you an extra ability

17. KuraiKozo

KuraiKozo New Member

Uranus lol =D
    that's be cool drie, i'd want the ability to choose a path of your own though and having decisions make you differe.t now it just sounds like an RPG XD

18. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I liked how they did it in Diablo where you pick up spellbooks and learn from then

All of the classes could use all of the skills

19. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    How about a mix of everything? Preset skill trees specific to each class, with some extra skills attainable only through faction alignment, and a few skills that are usable by any class learned only from tomes that are extremely rare drops in the game. Perhaps limit the number of secondary skills(faction and/or tome skills) that each character can learn/keep to encourage diversity.

20. KuraiKozo

KuraiKozo New Member

Uranus lol =D
    good idea Remy, i wish you worked for blizzard =(