1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diablo 3 Confirmed?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by Daseti, Sep 20, 2007.

Diablo 3 Confirmed?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by Daseti, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Light

Light Guest

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? r j00 nuts? WoW has a better plot? Dude!!!! You are soo off!

2. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    not wow, warcraft

3. Light

Light Guest

Aha. Well, I think your quote was reffered to WoW. Warcraft story is quite good.

4. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    sorry for messing it up.
    What I've seen of WoW stroy so far is that bunch of heroes from nowhere go and kill the biggest baddies in the world just like that. Also 4 races join factions for no reason whatsoever. For instance I don't see why Night Elves would join with any faction in the first place and the only reason they are in Alliance is that undead would make even less sense there.
    The only real reason is to make the races playable for players, I SOOO hope they disregard WoW if they ever make WC4

5. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

i made some comment on WoW in the end of the starcraft universe thread, you can find it in story and races

edit: ill just quote it fits far better here
    this is what i think about GoS
    #1 epicness: a game needs two factors at epicness: one, you need not much HP, everything is a lot epicer if you die quickly. two, you need a mass for something important, like in WoW, the top number of players was 40, i cant think that we would need extra player spots, but some NPC's would be nice, i mean: we are saving their cute little pink/blue/whatever color zerg's asses have butts from evil again. in WoW they took neither of these points into consideration, as a warrior you had more than 4000 hp if you were a little good, and i took down the entire shadow council, who enslaved the orcs for generations, by my own cute green ass.
    #2 weaponry: in the starcraft universe you dont have things like magic enchantments so i say there would be less weapons, about a hundred, and each will change your attack quite a lot, but wont proquire very long time to get, and it doesnt add to the epicness factor if you go kill mengsk for the third time so you get +1 stamina on your weapons
    #3 mounts/machinery: in WoW mounts lost a lot of their epicness factor because you couldnt attack from them, and i think 60% extra speed isnt as good as it sounds if you take the wow factor in account(see below). so i propose you can use siege weapons at a much lower level(if there will be lvls) and be a sort of extra strong weapon, this weapons would be the main reason to go raiding because only in military hq's(dungeons) you would get some unblowed recourses, of course, a tank wouldnt just fit through the door and you can leave your pals alone so you must take some of the important parts and get the rest from scrap metal on the battlefield.
    #4 smartness: i really miss a require to be smart to get to a high lvl easily in WoW, i am one of the only people that figured out that if you walk along the sides in WSG( a battle ground consisting of 2 small lumbermills, each placed on the sides of the map and a large open plain in the middle with trees at the sides) you can hide behind the trees if someone passes and get the flag easily. to increase required intelligence i say we remove the tooltip for items, you must figure out what to do with something yourself, and make much items pick-upable, so you have to choose smartly
    #5: this is the wow factor, it is very simple: GO FLICKING BIG ARMIES WITH BIG GUNS AND SMALL SOLDIERS
    #6 races: races in the starcraft universe are much more different than in the warcraft universe, in the warcraft universe all the races are merely the same with only an extra ability, i vote for making the races more different in GOS(galaxy of starcraft) by as an example, give the terran buyable squads, the zerg free squads and the protoss no squads.
    #7 classes, i really dont know about this, i would think this classes would be fun: soldier, can use gauss rifles, power suites, flamethrowers, etc., the main purpose of this class is killing the enemy before they kill you, they are at their strongest in surprise attacks, there are the mechanists, these people can assemble machine parts and bunker parts in their scv suits, their main purpose is support, but they have some other abilities as well: they got grenades, mines and rockets, you got the ghosts, these people are a sniper and can use long range rifles and(in some dungeons) nukes at special locations, they are a overall good class, but their main weakness is face-to-face combat. for the protoss there are the high protoss, they excel at face to face fighting, the dark protoss, they excel at sneak attacks, and the ruling class, an overall great class
    #7 unit positioneering, in WoW and in most MMORPG's the enemies are just standing at random locations near their camp doing nothing, in GoS i'd like see every unit be at it's location for a specific reason, and/or do something.
    #8 i'd like this game to be a MMORPGFPS

edit i made a mistake i wanted t say MMORPGFPS not MMORPRTS

6. KuraiKozo

KuraiKozo New Member

Uranus lol =D
    Goodness. this started out about diablo and now we're talking about WoW and Starcraft. Yes, I may be insane, mostly because I have never once played WoW. so call me prejudice, but what I have seen, it looks good, though it's highly overated. I wish they would just look into a diablo III or another Diablo II espansion for awhile. It had so many great factors. Hell was a devilish mode as the name implied, obviously. Three or four hits and without hacks you're dead. It needed better NPCs though. The hired warrior was next to worhtless, and the people talking to you were whiney pansies about "oh save us brave hero." I mean, I knwo it's true for most all games, but the NPCs should help at least a little without hindering you, right? It would make sense if they tried to aid you in your quest to save them.

7. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    I agree that WoW is overrated, but it isn't bad either, depends on what you like. Personally I'm fan of warcraft universe so I liked it alot, but it doesn't mean it's omgsuperawesome!!!

Diablo was just what Hellgate is advertised as: kill monsters, grab loot, get lvl, repeat. For some reason we may never know people just like it and Diablo did it perfectly introducing some randomness to avoid game being too repetitive and taking out 'needless stuff' like character depth and story developement.

8. Light

Light Guest

Diablo 2, though its old, is a very high quality game, not like WoW and most of todays games.

9. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    SHINY is all new games are about. and the main reason I can't play any of them :(

10. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

ccan anyone please comment my list i posted in two threads and no one commented it

11. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    Epicness is all about super pumped up heroes fighting even more pumped up uber monsters. (like Beowulf, guy had the strenght of 30 men!) Note that while your warrior had 4000 hp, characters in Lineage2 for example have tens of thousands of hit points so it's not that bad.
    (I may be mistaking epicness for heroicness here, pardon me)

here, more if I can think of something ;)

12. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

i meant a game with a epic feel about it, something like: yes, after all this work i've done, all the harsh months, i finally completed my glorious mission. and not: selling solo help for WC(wailing caverns) just three gold to get you through the dungeon and restore the balance of nature in the barrens

13. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    oh, that kind. but we're talking about MMORPG's here. The closest you can get to that epic feel is playing on a RP server.
    your example at least is not fault of the game itself, but of it's mmo nature.

14. KuraiKozo

KuraiKozo New Member

Uranus lol =D
    MMORPGs barely ever have depth to them. At least all the ones I have seen and heard of.

15. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

thats why i said those points to add a lot of depth

16. KuraiKozo

KuraiKozo New Member

Uranus lol =D
    Yes, yes, I know. But a storyline woudl make things very nice. Or rather one deeper than "random hero shows up and saves the world from total destruction" THE END

17. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    you realise that's EXACTLY the story of Diablo?

wait till Warhammer Online comes out, I've heard it has some really detailed quests.

18. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Diablo alone didn't have much depth but the books added a lot of background lore to the game.
    Especially the Sin War books, since that's the story of how Sanctuary (the world) came to be.

19. KuraiKozo

KuraiKozo New Member

Uranus lol =D
    Really? I haven;t read them, I'll have to pick them up sometime.

20. Shadowfireda

Shadowfireda Guest

i think there sound deffinatly be a diablo 3, from wut i've red around with there is supposed to be another diablo but it might be a mini series... =/