1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diablo 1

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by saradisper, Jun 4, 2007.

Diablo 1

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by saradisper, Jun 4, 2007.

1. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    There was a myth started that if you clicked on one of the cows in Tristram enough times a portal would open up to a secret cow level.  How did you not know that.  It is so famous the win game cheat in SC is "There is no cow level" and D2 had a cow level to capitalize on the popularity

2. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    I know that SC has no cow level :D because this is about D1 isn't it? and i did not knew this because i haven't played Diablo and i have always wanted to play the game...i heard it was awesome

3. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Actually my first expression when i saw the game Diablo, its so "KADIRI", promise lol :)

4. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    KADIRI ??? What is that?

5. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    That is true..what is it Mr.Commander?

6. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Never played it. Wish I did though. Nowadays it's hard to find Diablo 2 in stores, let alone Diablo 1.

7. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

is there still people on b.net for diablo I? I would like to revisit this game if there is =)

8. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I doubt it. It's been over 10 years or so now.

9. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Bots and hackers I'm betting.

10. Arachanox

Arachanox New Member

There are a handful of people, but they are mostly hackers and other modified characters. Also, I find it extremely difficult to connect with other players. Thus, I occasionally play Diablo II.

11. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    When it was in full swing the D1 community was one of the best. You could make new friends and spend hours clearing dungeons till every single non-human creature was dead. In D2 all eeryone does is boss runs to get unique items.

12. DontHate

DontHate New Member

bird of prey, that's true. most of the times i just wanna go and do quests while having fun, but instead they just send me off to kill andy or something while skipping like 4 quests in the process. Some times when i join games with people the same level as me we get to do the quests and it's pretty fun, though.

13. Hadean

Hadean New Member

Hamilton, Ontario
    This game was the shit, it's due in part to this game that I always strive to be the good guy in every RPG i play. I remember back when we thought the childish notion of a PKK actually existed and we formed groups of them to protect little nublet players then ended up ruining the game for them because we'd end up killing all the monsters before they could level.

I do remember a few things including the King's Bastard sword of Haste, Godly Armor Plate of the Whale, the Stormshield and this really pimp helm, i forget the name. All I know is I had this hacked item called "The Butchers Cleaver" except in ring form, it warped my damage to about 4x of what it should be normally. Great times.

14. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Dude I probably picked up 20 gnarled roots when I played it

15. KuraiKozo

KuraiKozo New Member

Uranus lol =D
    I was a big Diablo player, I loved the dungeon crawler. Also, we had a cable between two computers so I was able to play with my brother. It had a horrow/adventure set to it and it was never boring. then Diablo II came out. Because I was like...10 we didn;t get it until about 2 yrs ago. Goodness, I was addicted and played it every second. After I beat the hell out of every foe until was a bloody pulp, i wanted to trace my roots back to the first game. I coudln;t even get through three levels. the characters moves to slowly for me now, and I have little pateince for the clow movement of my charater. I loved the fisrt Diablo game though, and it will always be my personal favorite game because it was the first PC game I ever played.

16. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

I installed Diablo a couple of days ago. I play with my girlfriend on b.net. There are only about 100 players on 64 games =P

17. KuraiKozo

KuraiKozo New Member

Uranus lol =D
    Oh, that sucks. I went back to paly diablo [first one] but got angry because te characters are SLOW. Still, the game was like a god at the time. The first game for the computer I played. And, by far, on of the best of its time.

18. Space Pirate Rojo

Canada, eh?
    For some reason my Diablo won't connect to Battle.Net. No idea why, but still pretty disappointing.

19. KuraiKozo

KuraiKozo New Member

Uranus lol =D
    Hmm...that IS dissapointing. I don;t play it anymore though. The sad, sad event of losing the disc [for the first one] has defeated me. And gettign my entire stash deleted [in the second one] has left me rather disoriented. I need a diablo 3 to hurry up and come out.

20. Space Pirate Rojo

Canada, eh?
    I have to wipe up the drool. I just pictured a 3-d Diablo Barbarian Whirlwinding some cows.

Diablo 3 should remain a left and right click frenzy. Auto-attack like in World of Warcraft is boring.