1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Defending against Protoss Photon Cannon rush

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Yashiro, May 17, 2010.

Defending against Protoss Photon Cannon rush

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Yashiro, May 17, 2010.

1. Reasoner

Reasoner New Member

Yep. I immediately see he is porting pylons and cannons so il just go to that nearby base and attack you win reapers quick :) They never learn.

2. doramider7

doramider7 Guest

one of your best bets is to counterattack. if he invested that heavily into photon cannons, it means he got a forge up early instead of a gateway, and cannons themselves are eating into his minerals. build up marines, kill his probe that's making cannons, kill the pylon, and charge into his base ASAP.

3. xcrypt

xcrypt New Member

belgium
    as your 8th scv comes out, let him mine a mineral node once and then let hem go to your choke point immediatly after the mineral is delivered to your base. He will have to wait 2-3 seconds to build a supply depot at your choke point and this way nothing will get into your base without you seeing it, if you are paying attention to your minimap. Works great for stopping proxy strategies, with minimal delay on your economy.

4. TeeBee

TeeBee New Member

UK
    I'm not entirely sure if this works for Terran, but as a Protoss player, if I just pull 3-4 probes off my mineral line and attack the cannons as he makes them, he won't be able to build anything because the damage of the probes are too high.

After that you've pretty much won the game because he's so far behind.

5. tankor

tankor New Member

I used to quit all the time. I was a new player never played SC1, & 90% of protoss players are cannon rushing me & I can't stop it. That and zergling rushes almost made me quit the game, cause I just started playing and I'm trying to learn, and I can't get past 1 barracks to learn the units cause I get the same rush every game.

Sometimes I just quit cause thats the type of game all these guys want. IF an SCV rush was successful, you would see it almost every game.

6. RreaperRandom

RreaperRandom New Member

Bellevue,Washington
    @tankor It can be sucseessful, I did it once.
    Photon rushes can be countered by walling off quick, or is toss or zerg, build pylons all aroound your base. They won't be able to hide it, an you'll notice it on your map. Overlords around your base for Zerg

7. Siege Tank

Siege Tank New Member

I like to not scout my ramp when playing protoss, just to make my opponent commit himself to a cannon rush. When my first supply depot goes up I scout around my base, and that's usually when the pylon is done and the first cannons are starting to be constructed. Send a few workers to kill those and then it's GG. Easy win.