1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark Templar Weapon

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by BiBaKi, Sep 30, 2007.

?

Scythe or Blade?

1. Scythe

66.7%
  2. Blade

33.3%
  3. I dont care I want to see the Results

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Dark Templar Weapon

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by BiBaKi, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Indigent

Indigent New Member

I never heard of it.

2. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    The game? Me neither.

3. don_bocci

don_bocci New Member

Personally I just think the blade would be more practical and easier to hide.

4. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Dual daggers, lol. That would be bad ass, it could be used to stick into walls and scale them, only except they aren't really matter, so yeah. Lol.

5. don_bocci

don_bocci New Member

Theoretically there would have to be some sort of friction otherwise zealots and DT would one hit ko anything cause the blade would just cut through m&m's like a hot fork through butter :p Or m&m's would have to have armor made with some sort of alloy that is resistant to the energy blades.

6. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Think light sabers and storm troopers lol.

7. don_bocci

don_bocci New Member

I was and if you recall in the beginning of episode 1 Obi and QG just stuck a light saber into a meter thick door of whatever and it went straight though it almost entirely. In fact he just let the heat of the metal he was already melting melt the rest of the door. So if Protoss blades are like that then the Terran have to have some sort of alloy in their armor to defend against it and the Zerg would have to have some kind of enzyme or dna configuration to keep them alive after the first strike of the blade. Maybe I'm over analyzing but its fun to think about really ^_^

8. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Lol, kind of funny, psi blades are a high concentration of energy, how can anything stand up to it? Protoss are like the only race that should be able to stand the energy concentration.

9. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    Zealots should have the dual psi daggers they had in the original. it suits their war hardened vet style better than elegency, and the animation should go back to thrusting rather than demon hunter esque slashing.

psi blades are not raw power they ae linked to the psi level of the user so in effect they are as weak as the mind of the weilder (which lore wise could explain why the heroes are so much stronger).

10. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Oh yeah, that too. Lol.

11. don_bocci

don_bocci New Member

Ah yes I guess I never read into the lore enough. Well said overmind.

12. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Easier to hide? You do realize that the Dark Templars are invisible don't you?

13. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Don't forget these are a different kind of Dark Templar not the Stealthy ninja type, these are just cloaked soldiers which gives more reason for them to have a scythe.
    Scythes physics wise are more powerful cuz when they spin they build up potential energy and when a target has been hit the force of impact will be greater meaning the scythe is stronger than a blade as a blade can only be as powerful as the weilder's strength and precision allows it to.
    I thnk the Dark Templars should get a small damage boost after each successive attack as it adds to the realism but then they could become better standard soldiers as the Zealot so who knows.

14. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    I would prefer if they had a damage bonus against light armored targets, like Ghosts. They tear up buildings too good, they should assassinate smaller units instead (Marines, Zerglings, Hydralisks etc) .

Or, they could have a bonus damage as long as they are cloaked. When detected, they loose the bonus.

15. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Yea, they definital should get a damage bonus vs light units and maybe their attack is -20% attacking buildings? But then again that would work if they were the ninja onces these are soldier Dark Templars meaning they are a Dark Templar variation of Zealots to put it simple and lore-wise what stops a unit from attacking the vital areas of a building meaning the damage would be the same.

Its a hard thing to decide, I'd say they damage Zerg buildings more as they don't have armor and DT attacks on Zerg structure did more damage anyway didn't they?, cut through Protoss building shields and Terran I'm not sure.

16. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Lol. They should. Maybe the new attack animation for zerglings to jump on buildings or something lol.

17. don_bocci

don_bocci New Member

I do but I want to know what allows them to cloak a blade made out of energy :p I suppose you could just explain it with all the DT knowledge that they have amassed but still doesn't seem possible anyway lol. Again though this is me over analyzing so don't take it to seriously I was just wondering see.

As far as attack verse buildings go DT against Zerg should be a bonus maybe but you have to remember that zerg adapt so they may have fixed that problem now or something. I imagine that protoss would know how to defend against protoss so it should probably be just regular there. And as I said earlier the terran have to have some sort of alloy that can defend against the Dt and ZL weaponry so they probably have it in the buildings to so I don't think extra damage would be there either. Of course in the case where there is a fraction of High Templar Protoss that haven't merged with DT's then maybe DT attack would be more direct against them :p but then again that would have to be a campaign type thing

18. Indigent

Indigent New Member

So, what surprises me most is that they gave the scythe to an old unit, and the reapers got pistols. Lol.

19. don_bocci

don_bocci New Member

Why does that surprise you Indigent?

20. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    It would be the same thing that allows them to cloak a blade made out of matter. Blade or scythe, they would still have to cloak the energy blade/s, so it really has little to do with whether they should have one or the other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.