1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark Templar Weapon

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by BiBaKi, Sep 30, 2007.

?

Scythe or Blade?

1. Scythe

66.7%
  2. Blade

33.3%
  3. I dont care I want to see the Results

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Dark Templar Weapon

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by BiBaKi, Sep 30, 2007.

1. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Not necessarily. Obviously they wouldn't be made from solid metal, I just said that to clarify that the Terran wouldn't have psionic blades, because PreatorTengil seemed to think they would.
    In short, my argument about the Terran copying the Protoss was to indicate that this new scythe is completely unique to the Protoss. Blades are too plain and generic, whereas a double-sided scythe is definitely not. The new scythe is extremely specialized and completely unique to Protoss.
    Also, adding to Chax424's post, the Zeratul model is still going to have a blade anyway (judging by fan art and the StarCraft2 cinematics), so anyone who dislikes it can easily change the skin in the map editor.

2. Zacron

Zacron New Member

ANyway,i still think the scythe is still awkward if not weird to be use,u know cos i never seen anyone wield a double-headed scythe b4.

3. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Have you ever known of a blueish alien with no mouth, nose or ears, that has such strong psychic abilities that it is able to conjure up pure energy and turn itself invisible, and that is so technologically advanced that it has it's own personal force field before?
    Anyway, it's basically as if the Dark Templar is wielding a bo, because the psionic blades have no effect on them, and if you've never heard of anyone wielding a bo then you're seriously in a bit of trouble.

EDIT: Fixed typo.

4. Zacron

Zacron New Member

what is a do?

5. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Sorry, typo. I meant to type 'bo'. It's just a pole or a stick (or a double-sided scythe without any blades), popular in martial arts.

6. Zacron

Zacron New Member

i see what u mean ,it is just that i prefer them using weapons that could be applied "logically"in martial arts.

7. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    The bo is a very common martial arts weapon. The Dark Templar have just made theirs a bit more menacing. In effect they are just wielding bo's.

8. Zacron

Zacron New Member

I know,i mean they may wield the scythe as a bo but it "could not"happen.

9. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    What do you mean by 'could not'? To them it's exactly the same as a bo, but to their adversary it's a hell of a lot more dangerous. Perfect weapon of choice in my opinion.

10. Ronin

Ronin New Member

Beware
    hes got a point, all the templar's gotta look out for is a stick bonkin him on the head wile really anything else has to watch out for the stick *gasp* and the blades od DOOM!

11. ZeR[g]LiNg

ZeR[g]LiNg New Member

But reqally, it's not as if they're removing the invisibility from he DT's, giving them assault suits, and gigantic cannons. they're still stealthy, I don't see how they aren't. But they need something more than just short psi-blades to protect themselves seeing that numbers are fewer and they have to take more caution. WHat's better, a stealth suit and weapon that will help you survive if detected and a good amount of stealth, or a crazy amount of stealth, but no means of protecting one's self? I mean unless they are undetectable, they'll die as soon as the enemy gets detectors. But if they have armor, they can be used as rather side warriors.

12. Indigent

Indigent New Member

I think the scythes gives the dark templar more uniqness, zealots already have blades, dark templars can have double edged scythes. It gives it extra versatility, and the scythes look cool and have cool attack animation.

13. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

couldnt the zealots get the scythes?

14. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Giving Zealots scythes would be like giving Marines Nuclear Launches. Zealots and blades go hand in hand, they're so iconic. The Dark Templar have changed (lore-wise) over the gap between BroodWar and StarCraft2 so it makes sense that their weapon would have also changed.

15. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    I am sorry Ijffdrie, but that's just awful! :D How can you suggest something like that?

16. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

lots of training, but seriously the zealots are kinda dancing elegant warriors and i could see them use the scythes

17. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    Scimitars, maybe, but not scythes. Pole-weapons aren't really "elegant" no matter how well you wield them.

18. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

i realy disagree, especially in this case with the glowing side-ends, imagin a zealot charging at you, quickly spinning his blade around, jumping right next to you, slicing you apart, jumping to the person next to you, while keepin the scythe spinning

19. Indigent

Indigent New Member

You know what would be REALLY cool? If zealots and maybe dark templar are created with different weapons, that would be AWESOME.

20. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Anyone remember the Senpumaru from Onimusha 2. It was also a double scythe and was like my favourite weapon as it was really fast and deadly also had nice combos.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzBuw2imkO0

its a shame this is the only video of it, as its like one of the last levels and the sword is all glowing and such.

Also a scythe is like a symbology of death hense grim reaper and when ever you think of dark templars you think of death as they strike from the shadows and theres a higher chance of them killing you, lorewise they had to adapt to fight Zergs on their planet meaning the blade wasn't good enough for the normal soldiers so they changed to a more deadly and effective weapon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.