1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark Templar Weapon

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by BiBaKi, Sep 30, 2007.

?

Scythe or Blade?

1. Scythe

66.7%
  2. Blade

33.3%
  3. I dont care I want to see the Results

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Dark Templar Weapon

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by BiBaKi, Sep 30, 2007.

1. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

ok than the double katana

2. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Double katana as in two one-handed swords? Or double katana as in they're joined together to be a double ended polearm, like Darth Maul's lightsaber? Either way I still don't think it would look as unique as the double scythe. Also if you meant having two one-handed swords, it would be too much like the Zealots weapons.

3. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

a katana is some sort of fist blade, one on each hand, it are daggers with handles so they are extensions of their arm, instead of making an hook with the arm, katanas are both powerfull assasin and warrior weapons

4. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    But there still deserves to be some differentiation between the Dark Templar's weapon and the Zealots weapon. Even if they are powerful for both warriors and assassins, it would not be cool if the Zealots and Dark Templar had them. Either the Zealot or Dark Templar would need to change their weapon, and I think that it suit the Zealot much better that the Dark Templar.

5. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    I like the scythes, the warp blades are somewhat dated now in my kind of taste... Spitting Ultralisk anyone?

6. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    LOL! If the Ultralisks gain a spitting attack or ability, I'm going to personally punch Blizzard in the face. (How am I going to do that?)

7. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

create a logo with a fist that hits the blizzard logo

and i would be really pissed if he got the spit

8. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    But that's not punching Blizzard in the face, that'd be punching Blizzard in the logo. Anyway, I think it's safe to say that the Ultralisk will keep using its blades for its attack. It'd be a strange evolutionary step to just stop using them.

9. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    Ok you can take the CEO of Blizzard, put the blizzard logo on his fore head and them have a huge fist come out of nowere and punch him in the face and send him flying like in Nanaca Crash! great idea huh? Now that's ^power material. Any ways back onto the topic!

I really think the spear does not suit as a good weapon at all for the Dark Templar! It doesn't suit ANY of the Protoss! want to know why???? Well it is actually the very first thing ever used as weapon by beings who had opposable thumbs and is extreamly primitive. And the Protoss are WAY more advanced than that, to stoop down to using a primitive weapon like that meh it sickens me. Also Katanas were made by Japanese. Japanese do not exist in this universe unless they are way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way over at Earth right now. Is that good enough for you? and also read my other post to find out why the scythe kicks total ass for the Dark Templar

10. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I could kinda see spears being used by the Zealots, it would be the next best weapon for them to have after their Psionic Blades, I reckon. However it would seriously detract from the unit. Zealots and Dark Templar shouldn't have similar weapons like they did in StarCraft1. One of them would have to change and it would have to be the Dark Templar. Besides, they look better now anyway. The double scythe rules!

11. BiBaKi

BiBaKi New Member

Haven't been here a while. Somehow site wouldn't work for me. Anyways BLADE. Easier to use. Faster. :) I will not change my mind. :thumbup: Blades have always been better than Scythes.

12. Armadeo

Armadeo New Member

I love the scythe. Gives the Dark Templar a very morbid, Grim Reaper feel. I believe it really suites them. Sure scythes are impractical in combat, but then again, since when are energy blades any more practical in a futuristic society more than capable of equipping every one of its soldiers with plasma rifles or some such high tech gun?

Maybe the Dark Templar wield scythes for a cultural reasons as opposed to practical ones? The Protoss, as a race, are very traditional after all, and I could easily see them using weapons that might inconvenience them if only because such weapons are sacred to them in some way.

Besides. Scythe wielding warriors are cool.

13. longlivefenix

longlivefenix New Member

the double scythe is really cool

14. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    BiBaki

send me some of your best weed, then we'll judge ;) . just don't expect anything from me. :p
    how would you even use a Dark Templar as an assasin? Granted i use them to rip up groups of zerg when the enemy does not micro enough to get overlords in on time, but apart from that you can count on them being detected and engaging enemy evenly.

a double-handed sythe would not be cumbersome, its just a stick, go out side, twirl a pole and see how easy and most importantly fast it is to use. In starcraft it is just a stick. the blades have no wait they are energy. it would also be easy to carry, just a stick, you pull it out and channel the warpblades.

15. ZeR[g]LiNg

ZeR[g]LiNg New Member

Seriously just look at a pro wield a bo staff. He can twirl it and do everything with it. All the scythe is is a bo staff with two bladeson either sides. And it's a bit bigger to fit the DT's

The attack animation is a bit strange though. He should do some kind of spin move

Anyone else notice that the DT in SC looked like he was wielding some kind of scythe in the in-game model?

16. ekulio

ekulio New Member

The in-game DT of Starcraft had scimitars, which I guess could look like a scythe.

At first I didn't like the double scythe at all, I thought it looked too awkward. It's kinda grown on me though. At first I wanted them to bring back the scimitars but I don't know if I feel that way anymore.

17. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

I like the new weapon. It's pretty cool looking. Mind you, I don't know how effective a scythe would be in real combat.

18. Nuclear Launch

Nuclear Launch New Member

I like warp blades, just because they are not gay nor warcraft-like. Warp blades are a bit different from psi blades anyway, so zealots don´t have the same weapon.

19. ZeR[g]LiNg

ZeR[g]LiNg New Member

Lol, why does everyone associate starcraft with warcraft? You can say everything in SC resembles some unit/building from another game. Y even bother?

20. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Haha, I'm with ZeR[g]LiNg. All games, units and concepts can be linked with other games, other units from other games and other concepts for other games. :p
    Also, Is there actually a single unit that uses a scythe in WarCraft? I know that tonnes of units use blades, but I can't think of a single unit that uses a scythe. Bladesmaster, Deathknights, Raiders, Footmen and Knights (or did they use lances?) all used blades. The closest you can get to a scythe is probably the sickle on the back of the abomination, which it doesn't even use to attack.
    Blades are more Warcraft-like than scythes are in my opinion, and scythes are more Dark Templar-like than blades in my opinion as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.