1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark Templar Weapon

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by BiBaKi, Sep 30, 2007.

?

Scythe or Blade?

1. Scythe

66.7%
  2. Blade

33.3%
  3. I dont care I want to see the Results

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Dark Templar Weapon

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by BiBaKi, Sep 30, 2007.

1. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

the spellbreaker actually was an anticaster

2. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Going back a bit, BnechbReaker said the following, and a lot of others have agreed with him and said something similar:
    It's not that the double sided scythe is cumbersome to use, it's that it's cumbersome to master! I would be very tricky learning how to use these new scythes and because the Dark Templar are so adept at it, shows that they are truly masters of combat.
    I agree. It would be stupid if all the units had the same/similar weapon, and the more different they are the better. Don't you think it would be lame if you gave all the Terran infantry an automatic gun? All the Terran infantry have different guns for the same role, which is destroying enemy troops. And it's the same with Protoss, variety it a good thing. I'm suprised people are even saying that Dark Templar blades should be more like Zealots. Next you'll probably all be saying that Twilight Archons should have blades coming out of their fists. The scythes suit the Dark Templars' darkness and mystery perfectly.
    So what? The Zealots basically have swords, which were also in Warcraft. It doesn't matter what weapons, units, names, mechanics or whatever are used in other games. We're not talking about other games, we're talking about StarCraft2.
    In my opinion the Scythe fits perfectly.

3. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

i learned myself to fight with sticks, it's much easier to stab hit someone with the outer parts of the stick than slice someone and it's easier to stab than to smash and its very difficult to effectively block with such big blades at the sides of your scythe

4. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    But you're not a Dark Templar

5. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

but he clearly is, can't you see his cape and his thin physique? and he's clearly holding a stick not a scythe :p

6. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    He's just telling his experience. And it's much better if you apply different moves from every martial arts before making a game.

7. BiBaKi

BiBaKi New Member

I wouldn't think so. Zealots have two, and i use hotkeys most of the time.

8. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    But why do you want Dark Templar to have the same type of weapon that a Zealot has? It's like giving Ghosts a Gauss Rifle (or similar) like the Marines have, or vice verse. I prefer that their weapons are not like the Zealots anymore because they are not Zealots! The more variation in the weapons give the team a very versatile look and feel to them.

9. BiBaKi

BiBaKi New Member

Easy. it's just seem better for combat. They can hide theyre blade if someone is nearby taht they don't want to kill. But if it's the scythe they can't it just sticks out and poof Satelited and dead.

10. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    As mentioned preciously, according to the StarCraft Lore, then the Protoss have tremendous control over their energies. If you'd bothered to read the long quote that was from another thread, then you'd have read this:
    Also, @ BiBaki, read the Forum Rules!
    Not only should you not quote the person directly above you, which you've been doing for this whole thread, but you haven't edited any of them. For example, your last post (that quoted me) only really needed "But why do you want Dark Templar to have the same type of weapon that a Zealot has?", and not all the other stuff about the Marines, and about why I personally prefer the new Scythes.

11. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    Well I really want to say something t all of you but unfortunatly I haven't the time for it as you can see this topic is 6 pages long now. Mmk here I go. I have been personally trained by several weapons specailists on over 47 weapons and I have mastered all of them accept 7 in which I am still practicing. One of those weapons I am strugling to master is the scythe. The reason why I am strugling is because it is an exrteamly odd and widly unused weapon. It requiers you to do a lot of twirling with the arms and sometimes 360 turns to cover your openings. It makes the user bend in almost every direction when using it and in sometimes it pushes the average person over their limits and well... end up either impailing or cutting themselfs or falling over by over extending. Also there are many techniques for the scythe as well. One of them is the double scythe technique. Now that I have 3/4 down already but it is still pretty dang hard. This is weapon for really really advanced and phisically unique to almost 80% of the human population to master.... for a reason. As I have already said you have to bend and twist to the extreams but you ALSO have to be aware of every movement your enemy makes while co-ordinating your own movements and trying to either get the duel overwith or to slowly wear him down and find an open spot when it reveals itself . I chose either of those and I am guessing that the DT chose the first one I listed but there are many many more choices of battle. BUt what I am trying to say is that the double scythe is an extremly fast weapon when it looks the exact oppsite of being fast and it is also very hard to predict you enemy's next move will be if you don't know how to fight with it and fight against it. SO this is a very good weapon for the DT's in almost any scenario unless they are surouned by long range units but they can counter that by being cloaked and slip through a crack in almost and defence or offence. Wow that tolk a lot of typing out of wow. I am taking a small break. Ouch playing button smashing games to make tornados won't help my training either. Yesh I need to stop that.

12. BiBaKi

BiBaKi New Member

Man, I jsut want the blade back :( And why would I want minerals? How can you accuse me of quoting for minerals when I didn't know how to get them besides the bank income? GAH! Do not Judge me asshole.. I just like the blade because it would seem more usefull than just a look.

13. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    What, you're trying to tell me that you didn't realize that you were getting minerals for each of your posts? I seriously find that very hard to believe. If bank income was the only way you could get minerals, it would take 10 days to gain 1 additional mineral, and after saving up for a year you'd have 140 or so minerals. It would take years to save up for some of the cheapest items in the shop, like a Marine or something. Seriously dude, grow a brain stem.

14. BiBaKi

BiBaKi New Member

I really didn't pay attention to the minerals at all. I don't care what they do. I came here to talk, not buy crap with fake stuff.. God, some of you have no lifes! Get some weed. wait thats probally dirt where you live... Heh. :p Come to BC

15. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    The idea of minerals is not just to buy 'fake crap'. It shows your status as a poster, similar to the Power Level. The higher someones Power Level is, the more respected they are as a poster, and it's the same with items and minerals. For example, if someone does a good post, other people will give them a Powerup, hence, the more Powerups you have the more valuable contributions you have made. However if someone does an extremely good post, then generous people will often give them a Powerup and, on top of that, will send them minerals. The more minerals you have, the more items you can buy, the more respected you are. Minerals are also gained through posting, so even if other people do not agree with what your saying and as a result your not getting many Powerups, you can still show that you've contributed a lot to the forum.
    By the way, weed does not help you get a life, it destroys the life you already have.

16. BiBaKi

BiBaKi New Member

Your going off topic buddie if you want to tell me this stuff PM me. I'll delete it...

17. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    OK stop now. This is not the argue about minerals and accuse the other of this and that. Please try to stay on topic before I have to call the mods

18. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Don't worry about it. It's stopped.

The Scythes are a better choice for the Dark Templar because it suits their mystique and differs them even more from the Zealot. Even though Scythes can be hard to master is does not mean that they are inferior to swords. Any hand weapon that has been properly mastered has its own advantages and disadvantages against other weapon types.

19. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

the scyths can be used to git multiple people at once, but since the sarktemplar is a assasin the spear is much more usefull

20. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Spears would most definitely not suit the Dark Templar. It's neither dark nor mysterious. The double scythe is the best idea so far, which is probably why the Dark Templar actually has a double scythe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.