1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark Templar Weapon

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by BiBaKi, Sep 30, 2007.

?

Scythe or Blade?

1. Scythe

66.7%
  2. Blade

33.3%
  3. I dont care I want to see the Results

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Dark Templar Weapon

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by BiBaKi, Sep 30, 2007.

1. DE.50

DE.50 New Member

Washington
    No you just don't know how to expand on your arguments, or how to speak english.

2. BiBaKi

BiBaKi New Member

Really... I don't know to speak English? How come I can tell what your saying... I'm just saying I don't like it because it seems a little much different from the Original.

3. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    That kind of thinking is why the world doesn't go forward.

4. BiBaKi

BiBaKi New Member

The world doesn't go forward because people are greedy.

5. IO

IO New Member

I think that the new double blade was a good decision by the development team as it does make the DT look more... Dark. And i think the only porblem i have with it so far is its attack animation... it just seems odd looking... But thats just me.....

6. DE.50

DE.50 New Member

Washington
    That was a little harsh, but this sentence, grammatically, doesn't make sense, and your not referring to anything. The whole point of SC2 is to be different from the first one, otherwise it would just be another expansion pack. The new DT embodies what that half of the protoss has been through so much better than the old version. This gritty, tough, and dark version is so much more realistic than the ninja version in SC1.

7. BiBaKi

BiBaKi New Member

I think that's why I didn't like at first. If things don't look good for me I probally won't like it. I would've rathered had one Scythe than a double one.

8. BiBaKi

BiBaKi New Member

It is different. I am really starting to hate you though... You need to learn how to speak like an unsmart person. It's alot more fun. I don't think it is more realistic at all. double edged scythe?
    Would the Prottoss even have scythes? They are human things. And this is Starcraft. It is not realistic in alot of ways. I also realized that I cut my thing out about the Prottoss having scythes with the Realistic Statement.

9. DE.50

DE.50 New Member

Washington
    The protoss are warriors, and the scythe is a weapon of war, so it is no unreasonable to assume that they would know about them. I am now thinking that they should separate the two scythes so that there is one short one in each hand, so they don't do that twirly attack, but a more aggressive double overhand blow.

10. BiBaKi

BiBaKi New Member

The scythe isn't a weapon. It's a handy tool for farmers.

11. DE.50

DE.50 New Member

Washington
    The scythe was made into a weapon by peasant farmers as a multi purpose tool that they were familiar with. Later it was developed into a pure weapon for Japanese ninjas and stuff.

12. DE.50

DE.50 New Member

Washington
    After doing some research on Wikipedia, I have found that scythes have been used as weapons since 3,000 BC, making them some of the earlier weapons, possibly even before swords. Also, I think that DT's should use kamas, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kama_(weapon), I feel these weapons are much more appropriate, powerful, and less bulky than the present weapon.

13. BiBaKi

BiBaKi New Member

um. Barely anyone uses it has weapon. I don't believe the Japanese ninjas used it has a weapon. Mythological gods did tho >..> Lol I went to Wikiepedia too but I'm also on MSN I'ma stop talking here. If you still wish to post plz do so. I'll still listen.

14. DE.50

DE.50 New Member

Washington
    Read the articles on Wikipedia, then read the article that I posted. It says that the kama are very effective against swords, and since the DT would have wanted to be able to defend themselves from the zealots of Auir, the kama would have made perfect sense.

15. BiBaKi

BiBaKi New Member

:p Good argument. I usually win mine but, I wasn't ready to fight someone smart. I woulda got a smart friend to fight with me. So, How do I give you an applause.

16. DE.50

DE.50 New Member

Washington
    *clap, clap, clap*

17. SD-Count

SD-Count New Member

ANYTHING long has a distinct advantage against swords. A pike would be good against a sword, a halberd would be good against a sword, a lance also, as well as a spear. Heck, a flag pole used correctly would have an advantage against a sword. So by your logic, all DTs should have flag poles because it would help them defend against zealots?

Also, using kamas against two blades would be worthless, while you're trapping one blade, the other hits you hard and fast, not to mention zealots don't actually use swords.

OT: Warp blades back... NOW! They were the staple for the protoss infantry. When your marine suddenly went AWOL without visible action, you know the warp blade got you. EVERYONE knows the warp blade, that and it's catchy to say ^.^.

18. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

flag pole ftw :p

i prefer the new scythe because they cant get the effect of the old one in 3d, except they should make it just a single blade

19. DE.50

DE.50 New Member

Washington
    First of all, psi blade acts a lot like a sword. Second of all I was justifying the use of a scythe like weapon for use by the DT. I wasn't trying to find a weapon to replace the scythe, I just think that they should be modified, so my logic doesn't apply to flag poles. Third, kamas would be very useful against the zealots since they aren't used to trap the blade, but to deflect it and leave the attacker open to a killing blow from the other kama.

20. Quanta

Quanta New Member

A scythe is a horrible weapon and what you were showing were Kamas not scythes. Scythes would never be used by a peasant as a weapon given the choice between that and a pitchfork or better yet a spear. A scythe is a very awkward thing to swing if you are threshing wheat. Then it is excellent because that is what it was made for. A sword is a much much better weapon. It has a great deal of control.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.