1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark Templar Weapon

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by BiBaKi, Sep 30, 2007.

?

Scythe or Blade?

1. Scythe

66.7%
  2. Blade

33.3%
  3. I dont care I want to see the Results

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Dark Templar Weapon

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by BiBaKi, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I agree. Zerglings should have a different death animation when they're hit by bullets or blades. Having them explode every time they die looks too weird and exaggerated. It'll be fine to have them just fall to the ground and lie there for bullets and be cut in half from blades.

2. Hellblade

Hellblade New Member

Though I dislike the twin scythe (prefer a single)  I far far more resent the new look.

This is supposed to be a stealthy unit but now it's more bulky than the bloody zealots.

P.S.  the blade in SC1 actually looks like a scythe with it's animation

And about the zerglings .... i don't remember any zerg units that DIDN'T explode into a blood pool in SC1. Am i wrong?

Merged posts. Please read the forum rules and do not double post.

3. don_bocci

don_bocci New Member

No your pretty much right about the exploding zerg, but I have to agree with Indignet that they should die different ways depending on the different weapons killing it. And with the available technology it shouldn't be that hard for Blizzard to accomplish this.

4. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Actually, if you read the unit lore, its also in the Q&A, they say this is a different type of Dark Templar as they had to adapt on their homeworld with the ever increasing conflict with Zerg meaning they had to train solider Dark Templars as all stealth would be noob against an army with so many different variations. Meaning the Zerg forced them to adapt, resulting in armor and a more effective combat weapon.

5. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Makes, sense since dark templars are like ghosts, they can't be trained, but they can only be discovered. It kind of makes a little less sense for a bulky dark templar, though, like putting Chuck Noris in a ninja outfit.

6. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    But couldn't it be the same for anything?

Like, lets put evolution on a simple scale for a hot second. Did it look right in your mind when these creatures came out the sea to face new dangers?
    You'd think no, why face new dangers if you have adapted to the current environment.
    But in this scenario the Dark Templars were forced to adapt meaning they had to do it quickly to ensure their survival meaning they can't always take the same path but now they took a more direct approch as we know overlords see all. And also don't forget the ''Dark Protoss'' would have an extensive army just like the Protoss we know so these are simply another infantry unit from the 'Dark Protoss' and they have put it into a better situation, as they still retain cloak and they are more durable.

7. DaRk_TeMpLar

DaRk_TeMpLar New Member

with blades, on closeup the dark templar would look like a stealthed zealot, so the weapon is finw

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.