1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark Templar Weapon

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by BiBaKi, Sep 30, 2007.

?

Scythe or Blade?

1. Scythe

66.7%
  2. Blade

33.3%
  3. I dont care I want to see the Results

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Dark Templar Weapon

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by BiBaKi, Sep 30, 2007.

1. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I always thought of M&M to just be a normal attack. I guess you could just do one quickly if you wanted to make it a rush, but I doubt it'd be as effective as a Dark Templar or Zergling rush because your opponent would've had more time to build up forces.

2. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    SCV rush and Marines rush actually :D

Also Marine rush will be more potent since theres that nuclear reactor add-on which produces 2 units at once and has a longer que meaning less management.

3. don_bocci

don_bocci New Member

Oh yeah forgot about the good old Scv Marine rush very classic, move the scvs to the front so they take most of the damage while your marines pelt the enemy from the back.

4. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    A Marine rush is just like an early weak attack. The opponent is expected to have defenses by then. Zerglings rushes are effective because you can get so many so quickly, and Dark Templar rushes are effective because they don't have time to get detectors (Zerg excluded). I wouldn't think of a Marine rush as being anything more than an early attack.

5. don_bocci

don_bocci New Member

Marine rush with Scvs is different though, you just need about 2 or 3 marines and all your scvs and then you can kick some butt if you manage the raid well enough

6. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    With the Marine attack your micro skills are essential, then you just hold the enemy back until you get medics and you can win if your enemy doesn't know how to repel the attack.

7. don_bocci

don_bocci New Member

Basically, its easier to do in chokes and not open fields otherwise you could be outflanked. But anyway back to topic I think. I wonder if there are going to be any more changes to the DT, probably not but just something to think about.

8. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Well the scythe's blades are to thick and blocky they look like plastic. They need to look thin and deadly like the art work of the first armored Dark Templars scythe. [side note: Zealots blades are ugly also]

9. Indigent

Indigent New Member

I think that the scythes blades should come out of a material handle, not a energy handle, and the scythe blade should be longer, only by a little, and make the dark templar a little less like an elite.

10. don_bocci

don_bocci New Member

The Blades defiantly need to be longer, I think that the scythe should also be less bulky it would look nicer, more slick.

11. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Yup sleek is the way to go. And have its armor sleeker too and a bit more gritty, it looks too clean for them to be fighting Zerg.

12. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Same with all the units except proabbly zerg.

13. don_bocci

don_bocci New Member

well maybe, the zerglings looked ok but then again its hard to tell without a close up

14. Indigent

Indigent New Member

The artwork movie, where they showed art work and clips of protoss, the zerglings had torn wings and isemetrical bodies, if you know what I mean.

15. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    What do you mean be 'isemetrical'? Do you mean symmetrical, asymmetrical or isometrical?

16. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Yes, A. I think. I have no idea how to spell. What I was trying to say was not symetrical.

17. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Hehe, don't worry. When you've done Latin in school for the past 4 years you tend to get overly pedantic about spelling and grammar. In case anyone couldn't tell I've done Latin in school for the past 4 years.
    I love the fact that Zerglings have insectoid-like wings now. It makes the Zerg look so much more alien (not that they didn't before) and makes their swarms seem bigger.

18. don_bocci

don_bocci New Member

And its nice that they switched up the animations so that everything can move or attack in a bunch of different ways, like the Lings hopping with the wings.

19. Mephisto

Mephisto New Member

I still say the Dark Templar should have a Scythe. The psi blades are the Zealot signature weapons and if you give the Dark Templar blades, then the only difference between Dark Templar and Zealots are that the Dark Templar can stealth.

- My life for the Swarm!

20. Indigent

Indigent New Member

I think that Dark Templars need scythes too. And does anyone else think that zerglings should not explode into a pool of blood when sliced up? All the screen shots with zerglings dying are exploding into pools of blood when being hit by nonexplosive rounds or blades.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.