1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark Templar Ideas

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Ych, Aug 8, 2007.

Dark Templar Ideas

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Ych, Aug 8, 2007.

1. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

what, you dont like my idea about crippling enemies?

2. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    I just don't see that as being a very.... "passive" attack. You would need to be clicking on a unit, and the orientation would be difficult to discern.

If you said it had an ability to kill a unit with one hit like the ghost now does with snipe, I could see that.

3. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

snipe deals 150 damage, it doesn't kill

snipe requires a button press, doesn't it?

4. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    Dark templar already do alot of damage per swing and are hard to find in order to kill them. In my opinion they need something that will let them use there massive damage more often and more effiecntly.

5. burkid

burkid New Member

wikipedia can be edited by anyone, so dont trust it.
    and the books werent written by blizzard, but someone blizzard hired, therefore causing discrepancies.

yes, the Dark Templar have energies similar to the overmind, letting them negate the ressurection of cerebrates and kill the overmind.

6. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

how about an ability that cost energy,

give dark templar the ability to launch a ninja rope like psionic grappler at small enemy air units and bring them crashing down. the ability will cost a lot of energy and need the dark templar to focus for a second or two before using it.

7. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    It would be way overpowered aganst unitsa like the battlecruiser and carrier.

8. Nuclear Launch

Nuclear Launch New Member

Movement speed bonus is just stupid, it´s too similar to the zealot´s bonus (but I know it´s tempting for protoss players). Blizzard sure can be more creative when giving the dark templar a new ability.

9. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

i mentioned it only work against small air units

10. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

yes like leaping or jumping. or maybe a leap attack. its all about animation and visuals for the dark templar to make them twice as cool.

11. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

i still think my idea about slicing off limbs would work, but i have another idea

a DT will be able to avoid a certain percentage of range attacks, like when units have a height advantage. this will work even when detected. an upgrade, of course. something like Shroud or Shadow Dodge. because afterall, a DT should be hard to hit.

12. I)4rk

I)4rk New Member

The problematic part of this situation is that the Dark Templar has extremely low health, so either way they need a quick escape mechanism, or strong attack to compensate for the low health weakness. The increased movement should not make it more susceptible to more damage, but they most likely should have increased speed only in the night. This provides the Dark Templar a small disadvantage in the day, but on the counterbalance they have a special talent at night as assassins.

13. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

I think they should have something related to their new blades.....Perhaps a throw attack a la a Star Wars lightsaber throw? Obviously, costing energy, but minimum range and strong damage?

14. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

but with my idea, some attacks wont even land. as long as the DT can move faster than a marine or siege tank, it should be able to get away without dying. unless of course, he's surrounded by dozens of marines, in which case speed wont help it either

15. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    Id still be tempted to go back to my original suggestion what if the dark templar got and increased attack speed for a little while at the cost of not being while attacking faster.

16. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

and what, have him never able to attack again? or would you have him have an infinite number of psi blades to throw around?

it could work if he could only do it three times, like with spider-mine though

17. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    All units will have some way of getting over terrain. Repeatedly saying they could jump isn't a new idea. Plus I wouldn't want a stealth unit having unlimited and easy access over all terrain.

Anyway, Burkid.... Wiki is pretty safe. It is constantly watched and hawked because people love StarCraft. The information on that page is 99.9% correct and if someone messes with it, someone else will correct it almost instantly.

BTW, The energies are SIMILAR but in no way the same. Completely different, they just happen to be more attuned to each other than the other Protoss are to the Zerg's mental abilities.

This also supports my suggestion of an ability for the Dark Templar since they seem to be able to mess with the communication of the Zerg. They could easily be used to confuse a group of units and separate them from the hive temporarily, or sever Protoss from their comrades...... I.E. If they DT used its ability, those units might not move or go nuts, but their owner player might not be able to see them or something of that nature....

18. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

The a la Star Wars lightsaber throw implies the boomerang effect that come with it.

19. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

i still like my idea of dark templar throwing a psionic grappler to bring down small air units, that'll look awesome

20. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    The Dark Templar is a ground-only unit for a reason. It should remain that way.... Try to think of an ability that complements the Dark Templar's abilities... psionic prowess and stealth.