1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark Templar Design

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Ghost, Jul 19, 2007.

Dark Templar Design

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Ghost, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow New Member

Finland
    Make sure you report your concern to Blizzard directly.

Edit: The old Darky was way cooler.

2. JudicatorPrime

JudicatorPrime New Member

Well I do... Blizzard liked it also considering they put them in their 1337 CG cutscene.

3. Alukard

Alukard New Member

no they might listen sicne there was alot of complaints about tanks and they now remodeling it, so they might even remodel DT if enough people complain..

4. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

I'll back y'all up on the ones who think the older DTs look better. I'm obviously in love with them...

5. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

I think most of us agree that they should re-model the Dark Templar and keep it closer to the original. (If you're not one of those people, well phooey on you :mad: haha) Do you guys think the Dark Templar are going to receive any new spells or abilities? Although they were powerful on their own, I feel like they will likely gain something new. I mean, their dragoon versions of themselves can teleport and they're bulky as hell, these agile little guys should be able to do something like that too =)

6. Ych

Ych New Member

DT should definetely get a remodel. They don't have the stealth feeling to them in SC2. I'm sure Blizzard would be looking into this. Hopefully, what we see at BlizzConn will be something that we would all be satisfied.

I agree with kehmdaddy that I think the DT would probably get some sort of ability. Maybe it might be a passive ability like how the Zealot has the charge ability. But something different. Maybe something like, if you attack your enemy from behind, you will deal bonus damage say like 10. That means, you would want to use your DT as effectively as possible, and trying to hit units from the back. Having that skill would also seperate the skilled players and your average players in terms of using the DT effectively during battle.

7. Cybran Seratuhl

Cybran Seratuhl New Member

I'll like him if he wears a mask with a scarf on it...

I like the scythe....I wished they made it bigger...

XD what's with people criticizing the armour? I'd prefer to see them in armor than I would with them walking nearly in the nude... ( Like that picture of Zeratuhl )

8. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    People hate armor because it doesn't fit with the DT idea. DTs are assassins, and if they were carrying around that much armor people would hear them clunking around like idiots.

9. PhantomFF

PhantomFF New Member

MD
    It just looks generaly too bulky...I'm sure if they just took off a little bit of the armor the model would look fine.

(or even if they made the armor thinner and round it off a bit)

10. JudicatorPrime

JudicatorPrime New Member

They probably didn't want to do it because they couldn't make a decent model, SC was 2D, so at whatever angle you would always see the majority of the body covered by the cape... They're probably worried it'll look like crap now but... it still looks like crap.

11. If the dark templar has armour shouldnt it have as much hp and armour as a zealot, invisible zealots seems a little OP if they keep the dark templar with SC1 stats than what is the armour for. it cant be rationalized, bring back old dt. The zeratul artwork would be a good model just give him some underwear, or as a comprimise to those who like the new dt armoured underwear. the new scythe=stupid old blade=cool or if they had green blades like zeratul but that will make for some problems with new colored psi

12. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    nicely said, AdmiralAckbar.

Welcome to the Forums, btw.