1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark obelisk cloaking field

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by BirdofPrey, Oct 12, 2007.

?

Should the Dark Obelisk Have a cloaking field

1. Yes-without upgrades

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes-but it requres an upgrade to cloak buildings

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes- but it requires an upgrade before cloking anything

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Dark obelisk cloaking field

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by BirdofPrey, Oct 12, 2007.

1. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    I think the main problem here is that we are trying to make every building have an upgrade or other-worldly power that will make it more useful than [insert building/unit name], the fact of the matter is this, buildings are just that buildings. They do not need to allow a cloaking field or longer sight range. I say this because buildings do not need to have multiple tiers like this. That concept should already be in use for the Zerg. Ex. Hatchery-Lair-Hive.

Still, that aside I feel that Protoss like the other races would deserve something like this. As we all know they are balancing the units back to the format of SC1. They are not however balancing the buildings so far. I think they could come up with some pretty cool things to happen to buildings for all races. The problem is with this idea that if we make the buildings cool beyond belief we lose the need for units. (Ex. C&C:RA2 The Super Buildings) I think a happy median can be found here for building ideas like this, but it will need to be thoroughly thought through on how to implement it without impeding the player.

2. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    By all means I don't want any super buildings. Sure it is always fun to rape your enemies army with a wall of cannons (never happens in SC BTW) but I also adore dropping in for a cup of tea before I nuke your BASE

3. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    I think it would be more like this, you would activate it and it would spread the shield out into the same range as a pylon and then convert the shield into a cloak that cloaks anything underneath it but leaves the building showing, if you walk your units under this field units under it will be visible but if not, they will not become visible unless with a detector.

4. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

supposed that the original area was 1 unit then the new area would be 4 units, hence 4 times the area, and 3 time more than the original.

what's important is the sight range of normal buildings, i thought they were pretty long so i suggested 2x, if they are short then 3x is ok.