1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crucio Siege Tank

Discussion in 'Terran' started by -LT-, Jan 18, 2008.

?

What Do You Think of the Crucio Siege Tank?

1. I love it! It's great!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I don't like the name Crucio.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't like the new model.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't like the new tank at all.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I want my Arclite tank back!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I don't want the tank back in the game.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Crucio Siege Tank

Discussion in 'Terran' started by -LT-, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Lol a tank with lips, that can't be doubled.
    I guess it ain't that bad but still..

2. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    I'm convincedthat buffing the tank in its unseiged mode is an attempt to balance out what the Immortals are doing.

Sure, you can completely own any Seiged tanks in fortified positions with ease, but a player still has a chance to do a bit more damage in assault mode.

Overall I think its a great change to compensate for the new damage types that we're seeing from SC2.

3. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Yes, the new damage types... I don't know if anyone have noticed, but there won't be any 75% damage anymore. It's either 100% (50% with the old system) or 200% (100% with the old) , since there are no small medium and large unit types. The unit types are "fleshy" , "mechanical" , "armored" , "light armored" etc.

This means that units like Siege Tanks that does explosive damage will only do 100% (50%) to everything mediumish while the old system made it do 150% (75%) vs Hydras for example.
    SC2 will be a little more like rock paper scissor, since there is only 100% (50%) and 200% (100%) , and no 150% (75%).

4. Mephisto

Mephisto New Member

What about the barrel of the Crucio, doesn't it look like a disk launcher?

- My life for the Swarm!

5. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    In Siege mode, a little. But those are precision rails or something lol. The green color bothers me a lot more.

6. Mephisto

Mephisto New Member

Yeah I guess...but the care bear sticker would intimidate even a High Templar! Muhahahahaha!!!!!

And off topic, how do I upload art work onto the site. And where do I do it...

- My life for the Swarm!

7. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    You can use photobucket to upload your pictures onto the internet, and then post them here.

I also think the turret looks a little deformed, but it looks better than the arclite's. Even though I usually play zerg, I'm looking forward to seeing the new tank take potshots at my defenceless zerglings.

8. Mephisto

Mephisto New Member

*chuckles* You said pot. Hehehe.

Are the Arclite and Crucio ranks the same in travel mode? They look very similar.

- My life for the Swarm!

9. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    They are similar in appearance, but the crucio is stronger.

The crucio has a slightly faster rate of fire, and it does more damage than the old arclite. The arclite acted more as a mobile artillary platform than a tank. The crucio was designed to act more like a traditional take by making it useful as supportive, close range firepower.

10. Mephisto

Mephisto New Member

But the Arclite could be employed as a tank as well. It can still fire, but his limited damage, in the mobile mode. And the Crucio seems to be more of an Artillery then anything else. If you watched the game play video it dispatched that patrole with relative ease.

- My life for the Swarm!

11. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    But how offten did people but the acrlite in mobile mode?

The crucio was designed to be useful while moving around on the map, without having to go into siege mode every time to be an effective attacker when your army meet a small enemy force.

Basically, the crucio is better in assult mode than the arclite was.

12. Mephisto

Mephisto New Member

Well, if you want to move the Arclite, you assign a small contingent of Marines to guard it. So when you do encounter a small scouting party, the Arclite has backup. Or you could just set one in siege and the other in assault and leap frog them into position.

- My life for the Swarm!

13. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    That's true.

However, the crucio, IMO, was designed to be able to work without a large marine force for defence. It was given a stronger attack because people complained before that the arclite was too weak in assult mode which is not how a true tank is designed.

So the crucio was created to act more like a real tank, instead of a stop and go artillary platform.

14. WuHT

WuHT New Member

BIG mistake if you sacrifice game play variety just to satisify "flavour". Being a Stop-Go artillary platform definately gave terrans a unique way of defeating their opponants..instead of relying on Attack-ground commands.

and yes i'm glad someone put it into words : The siege mode turret reminds me of a disc shooter, especially how there is a sizeable ROUND gap between the 2 sides of the turret. Graphically i would not have minded a more "energy-barrel" type weapon, especially with a NOTICABLE kick-back when firing.
    Obviously the 2nd gripe is still that siege tanks do not sound as intimidating as before, inspite of doing superior damage.

15. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    I don't see how the crucio is sacrificing game play variety. The crucio can still be used as artillary if a person desires, they just made it more useful while in assult mode. Now the tank will have more variety in its attack styles.

Anyways, I think the tank is more realistic now. After all, who would design a tank that could barely do any damage in mobile mode and still call it a tank?

16. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

Crucio sucks !!! I want its original name back :upset:

17. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    I'd say well done to Blizzard for noticing the fact nobody used the assult mode. This also allows the Terran army to be a lot more customizable as players can choose between a strong ground attacker or a long range rape weapon.

Also the six tracks look good, futuristic, and work lore-wise as a stronger Siege Tank would need more stability when firing this stronger weapon. Also emplifies the Terran's new mobility as 6 tracks can traverse over difficult terrian.

18. Light

Light Guest

Finally someone understands it looks like a disc launcher! Just the thing I was talking about. So ugly. They need towork on the turret, and I dont think it is THAT hard.

19. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    Samir, whats wrong with the name crucio?

I didn't even know the original's name was arclite until this update, everyone always just called it 'siege tank'. :D

Also, I like how the new turret looks, sure it doesn't look like a normal tank, but it has a futuristic look to it.

20. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Maybe it's because crucio's in harry potter? Idk.

If I remember correctly it was the cannon that was called arclite in the first game. The tooltip says it was an arclite cannon.