1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crucio Siege Tank - as good as its predecessor?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Thalion, Jan 8, 2008.

?

Do you think the Arclite Siege Tank or Crucio Siege Tank is a better overall tank?

1. Arclite

50.0%
  2. Crucio

50.0%

Crucio Siege Tank - as good as its predecessor?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Thalion, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    The Viking is obviously the transformer ripoff, not the Thor :p

Anyways, Banshees and Thors aren't artillery units. The Banshee's range is just sad if it was an artillery unit. And the Thor no longer has the artillery ability. That was months ago.

2. SubTachyon

SubTachyon Guest

Perhaps the word artillery was the wrong word to use. However in SC1 terrans only *artillery* was the siege. The only piece of junk able to do some high level of splash damage on longer range. (and no, nukes in SC1 are big nono!)

Compared to SC2 where nukes became actually useful! Sieges got buffed, BCs got splash ability, we got the banshee and the thor uber artillery-like propotions, reapers bombs, nomads mines, marauders, etc.
    Yeah I know, they keep changing but still Terran looks more pimped out than my grandma now.

Anyways lets get back to those armored beauties now!

3. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Those beauties better show up in the shop soon...

4. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    the concept art is like something from metalslug

5. Laz

Laz New Member

crucio is better but they look alot alike so it doesn't make much difference.

6. Ych

Ych New Member

Crucio Siege Tank is much more powerful. They have more HP and deal more damage in Siege mode. On top of that, in Tank mode, they fire a lot faster making them very useful even in tank-mode.

Siege Tanks were one of my favorite units in SC1 and I was very good at managing the Siege Tanks. I can't wait to put my hands on these new Tanks.

If you hated facing Siege Tanks in SC1, wait till one of these soaped up Tanks come knocking your front door. No wonder the Protoss needs Immortal to basically specifically counter these bastards. Otherwise, these new and improved Tanks are going to cause some serious imbalance. ;).

I'm still puzzled at how the Zergs are going to counter these new and improved bad boys. They already have a hard time dealing with them in SC1. My question is, would Roaches work well against the Tanks? Zerglings/Hydras won't cut it. Same goes to Lurkers. Banelings looks like it would be toasted before it comes near the Siege tanks supported by M&M. Swarm Guardians/Ultralisk comes out way too late. So it seems that Roaches are the only answer but the problem is, do they work well against the Tanks? We'll have to see how it goes. But I do have a horrible feeling that the Crucio Siege tank backed up by M&M's is going to give the Zerg a terrible time in SC2.

7. SubTachyon

SubTachyon Guest

Well if you dont count the late ultralisks there is the nydus worm. You can drop 12+ banelings right there. Though I think protoss will have esiaer time vs terran comprated to zerg vs terran with this current build.

Oh and roaches wont help. They have large regeneration yes, but with few siege tanks hitting them for 100 spalsh dmg each they wont even get close...

8. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    Lot's of roaches would be able to counter Crucio's, they have a ranged attack, ok their range is far less than the Siege Tank range, but they don't have to get that close. (hm actually it may be better to bring them right next to the tanks, so that their splash would affect the other tanks too, or they wouldn't be able to attack at all.

9. SubTachyon

SubTachyon Guest

As you pointed out yourself, why is range attack advantage? Actually its better to be melee. Sure that charging 10 roaches have higher chance of surviving longer than charging 10 hydras but overall I dont think its efficient tactic and the Roaches bonus doesnt shine in this situatuion.

10. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    The easier is to bring in any air to ground attackers.... Owned :)

11. Zurgery

Zurgery New Member

Dark Swarm, and some zerglings on speed.

12. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    ..is there a dark swarm now?..
    I haven't heard about it.

13. SubTachyon

SubTachyon Guest

Yes there is, vis. Infester.

14. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    Oooo this opens whole new tactics, thank you for the info.

15. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    You mean: It opens good old tactics :D
    I like or should I say LOVE the new tank. Much cooler nad better in normal mode!

16. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    Nah OK, I kinda had a feeling that something wasn't right i nthat post :)
    nad I agree ;)

17. gtx75

gtx75 New Member

it looks different and is kinda better but functions the same so i have no problem

18. Laz

Laz New Member

Ya there really isnt a difference in the gameplay of the tanks but the crucio looks cooler. But the arclites name is cooler. They should change the crucios name.

19. gtx75

gtx75 New Member

well, not really, they should just keep it the way it is now because since its like a different model anyway

20. Gforce

Gforce New Member

The roaches do not have a ranged attack, it was stated in one of the Q&A that its was only for that demo.