1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corruptor ground unit as well?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by zeratul11, Jun 6, 2008.

Corruptor ground unit as well?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by zeratul11, Jun 6, 2008.

1. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

what's the difference between the corruptor and the infestor ? They both infest, or corrupt Terran units and structures. I thought the corruptor was a air unit.

2. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

Theres a very much big difference between the infester and corrupter...

* first of all corruption and infestation are not synanimous... technically Infestaion is defined as the presence of a large number of pest organisms in an area or field, on the surface of a host or anything that might contact a host, or in the soil.. while corruption is knowned as scientifically the decomposition of biological matter.

* 2ndly, Infester only infests structures but by doing so it does "corrupt" units in that structure while on the other hand the Corrupter only corrupts air units but lorewise I think the attack explanation for the corrupters are also simillar to infestation since theres gonna be no way in hell that plain chemical attacks will have a power to take over such behemoths like the battlecruiser... so technically it has to be some sort of zerg pests with sole purposes of corrupting the crew members... so you are partially right about this one stating that they both infest and corrupt but only as a 2ndary effect of their purpose... and to put it simply the point is "Corrupt by infesting, Infest by corrupting"

* 3rd indeed you are right that the corrupter is an air unit, perhaps it confused you reading those previous posts that the corrupter is a ground unit, but the artwork was just probably a pending proposal from some expert alien artists outthere... The corrupter is still an air unit officially and there shouldnt be any doubts about that since its an integral part of the zerg air force which btw is kind of dwindling now that they dont have the scourge or any air support caster unlike the terrans with nomads and protoss and motherships...

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  3. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    lets see, in SC1 all the zergs air units are: Overlords, Mutalisks, Scourges, Queens, Guardians, and Devourer.
    while in SC2 so far we have seen: Overlords, Overseers, Mutalisks, Guardians, and Corruptor.

so the zergs are missing 1 air unit, whatever they have in mind for that spot we cant fathom( correct usage of the word? ) the possibilities.

4. Lipton

Lipton New Member

I personally like the Curropter as an air unit and believe it will stay so... I also think this is early concept art

5. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

yeah it is an early artwork concept but if you look at it deeply youll notice that it is still the same corrupter which is just in a coil-stand mode... (they still have to land sometimes of course...)

6. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    i really this model gets a slight change and turn into a ground unit. I dont it will happoen, but one can always dream

7. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    there fixed it, sorry but you always seem to leave out key words in your sentences.