1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Combine the Reaper and the Marauder

Discussion in 'Terran' started by blindoutlaw, Mar 31, 2008.

Combine the Reaper and the Marauder

Discussion in 'Terran' started by blindoutlaw, Mar 31, 2008.

1. 574RCR4F7

574RCR4F7 New Member

Make the maurauders shoot grenades that slows them down more by consecutive hits...

2. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

any as long as i can see some emp like effect on the attack. ^^

electric spark, chain lightning, emp shockwave, electromagnetic particles, ice blast, more harcore SCI FI unrealistic weapons.. are the stuffs terrans are lacking.

and IMO the reapers dual pistols are redundant (terran has already plenty of realistic ammo carrying units and vehicles), blizz made gave them pistols bcoz they think its badass. guess what there are better more badass weapons than futuristic dual pistols. innovative weapons please!

3. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
  4. Heretic666)GC(

Heretic666)GC( New Member

Newfoundland
    I think they should just axe the marauder and give reapers an ability that lets them throw grenades that does minor damage and halts enemies for a few seconds instead of the reaper mines they have now.

5. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I've already spoken in another topic about how electric guns would not work for the Terran. Also, kuvasz is right in saying that it's more of a WarCraftIII ability, not a StarCraft one.
    Marauder and Marine. I'm aware that the Marauder deals the same damage, but it's got a slower attack speed. A beefed up Marine would have a faster attack and/or more damage, which is clearly not the case. Also, a damage bonus of four is hardly anything to get excited about and probably just makes up for the fact that it can't slow most Armoured units or just making it that bit more effective against Zerg's Roaches or something.

6. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

The maruder launches fllames, and the jackal too. I think one of those units must .... go away

7. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    I used to use sc2armory for stats but they wasn't at any recent Blizzard event according to Jon. I stopped using it when I was proved a few times the info was incorrect.
    Umm since when did Marauders shoot flames...
    Please paste the relevant information as to why Terran can't have an electric gun, its a game they can have anything Blizzard wants to give them.

8. blindoutlaw

blindoutlaw New Member

Australia
    and another thing
    if the Reaper and Marauder are combined it will leave a small gap in the Terran infantry who will lack a dedeicated support infantry, well the combination of Reaper/Marauder could do it but anyway
    so that leaves the door open to Bring Back the Bat, Firebat that is

9. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

exactly. people are just NOT open and they reason out it on terran lore which is wrong because obviously blizzard can decide any weapons they want and just add up a justifiable lore afterwards.

flamethrowers, grenades, mines, dual pistols, gauss guns, etc.. all these are realistic weapons. terran needs some innovative weapons that are originally blizzard made...how hard is that? yamato is one thing. the terran got a freaking AI mine drone in sc1, why become low tech suddenly in sc2....with grenade launchers and reapers mine etc.... hell an electric wave is surely terran.... EMP in sc1 has an electrical effect.

example.. the electric weapon used by the human against the sentinel in the matrix movies. terran>zion. i revision the reapers to get the electrical weapon instead... it would look nice with them and make them NOT look mediocre in battle and plus it fits their name very well reaper=burns the enemy to death with electricity. ^^

10. Tankman131

Tankman131 Guest

The maurader is a seemingly useless unit in my mind with a slight ability, so it should be fused with a unit like the reaper, but it should no activate the hardened shield of immortals still

11. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    We've already had the conversation about Terran's level of technology. Also, giving Terran a unit with an electrical attack would be too magical for them. We've all seen it before in WarCraft with the Farseer's Chain Lightning as well as the normal attacks of the Farseer, Shaman, Reverents, etc. There is only one unit in StarCraft that has an electrical-type attack which is the Archon. This topic sums up all my posts and flaws with those ideas.
    The Marauder and Reaper would make a dedicated support and raiding unit. The Terran's Anti-Ground area of effect capabilities are already packed to the rafters, so there's no need to add the Firebat without removing other area of effect attackers.
    Obviously Blizzard are able to give any race any weapon they choose to, but that's not the case. They choose weapons that are appropriate to their lore but also that are unique and separate to those of the other races.
    What was the AI Mine Drone that they got in StarCraft1? All I can think of is the Vulture with its Spider Mines, but I wouldn't consider them to be amazingly advanced science fiction. You're right in saying that the Terran got EMP in StarCraft1, but an EMP is completely different to an electrical attack.
    Again, the Sentinels are taken out by an EMP, which also wipes out their own ship. Why would you want Reapers to have that weapon? It'd only deal damage to mechanical units, and would wipe out any mechanics on the Reaper as well. An electrical gun is completely different. An EMP is an electromagnetic pulse, an electric gun would be a gun that shoots bolts of electrons, which wouldn't work at all.

12. blindoutlaw

blindoutlaw New Member

Australia
    well that all depends on if the grenade attack is classed as a heavy weapon, if it aint it should go straight through no worries, plus the attack has the added anti armor bonus, so if it does go straight through the shields it would really be a useful weapon against immortals. Not so tough now are they

13. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Omg. Electricity is not magic what is wrong with you. You are using electricity now, how is it so hard to precieve a weapon in the distant future?
    Never heard of stun guns, tazers and this:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ak2j9x9Ts_k

14. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

exactly.

it doesn't mean that terran dont have these kind of weapons in sc1 then they can never have them in sc2.

i mean come on, it was 10 years ago. it was limited in all sense (lack of imagination etc), and so were we. everything was cool back then but not now.

we need something new! blizzard knows this. thats why the toss gets the motherships and lots of laser firing units(hardcore scifi), terran gets the thor and viking (not your average mechs like the goliath) and so on. and now just a simple electric attack is not terran?...you got to be kiddin me.

15. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    While watching that video you can see how erratic the aim of the weapon is, not a precision weapon for pinprick attacks. It also looks like a fairly short-ranged weapon as well. As I said before, they don't suit the style of the Terran. Yes, both we and they use electricity, but that doesn't mean that we or they should use them in weaponry. We use paper to write stuff on, does that mean that the Terran should use paper aeroplanes as well?
    Anyway, as I mentioned earlier, if you want to continue this subject of the Terran's technology, post in the thread you made earlier, and I'll respond to it there. This is about merging the Marauder and Reaper, not about their level of technology.

16. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

its SCI FI. a lot of weapons in SCI FI are unexplainable.

17. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Only for unexplainable teams. Races like the Zerg and Protoss are the the ones that have all the unexplainable weaponry and origins, etc. Terran should have a basic, not complete, but a basic understanding of what's going on.

18. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    SC is set in the distant future. I doubt it would be that hard to direct electricity if they can direct nuclear energy.

Also we don't need to take this discussion anywhere cuz in no way am I incorrect since I have proof and what not. It should just end since you can't oppose what is real set in stone and simply factual.

19. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Being correct or not has nothing to do with where you're arguing. Just because someone could be arguing that the Siege Tank is better than the Thor, it doesn't mean they can argue it on the Protoss board.
    It's not simply factual. The gun itself might, but applying it to the Reapers wouldn't. Electrons find the path of least resistance. It's as simply as that. If you wanted to get any more range out of this, then you'd have to increase the amount of energy in it, meaning that the aim would become completely erratic and inaccurate. Also, if this is so "set in stone" and "simply factual", why aren't all officer's equipped with it today?
    Again, if you want to argue about Terran technology, argue it in the thread about Terran technology. I'da thought that would have been a no-brainer.