1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colossus

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by FlyingTiger, Jun 22, 2007.

Colossus

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by FlyingTiger, Jun 22, 2007.

1. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker New Member

Re: Stargate @ starcraft2.com

Ok, based on the re-designs, and the VAGUE similarity to the Carrier, you could assume they were carriers, if you didn't know they were really warp rays.

2. wuffle

wuffle Member

Do you guys see the star gate being warped in?? I wonder if that is how all buildings will warp in now. From top to bottom. Instead of just showing a blue ball until its done.

3. LoserInLosing

LoserInLosing New Member

If stargate looks good, imagine all of the other buildings

4. Pix

Pix New Member

Yeah... if the Stargate looks THIS good...
    *drools*
    ~Pix~

5. Outcaster

Outcaster New Member

U can see a lot of the other buildings in the 22 min gameplay movie, and they ROCK!!, i hope they will reveal more until the BlizzCon

6. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
  7. MrFrancko

MrFrancko New Member

I'm lovin' the animation for this sucker. If all the buildings have animations this slick we have nothing to worry about. I just can't wait to see what the zerg buildings look like. I'm sure they have some sick nasty animations to really bring them to life.

8. paragon

paragon Guest

nice typo catch

9. sundance kid

sundance kid Guest

Not that it bothers me too much but does the story of the colossi strike you as a little unusual. Below is an exert given from the offical site on the background of the unit.

The mass slaughter unleashed on the kalathi by roving colossi appalled the protoss.
    At the time, the Conclave outlawed the manufacture of colossi, and existing machines were deactivated before being sealed away in distant asteroids and uninhabited moons. Centuries later the war against the zerg has brought forth these engines of destruction to do battle once more.

Given the ferocisty of the zerg prior to the invasion of Aiur alone, not to mention the war taken place on Aiur itself, surly the protoss would have thought of pulling the Colossus out of retirement sooner than ten years after the Brood wars. They even allied themselves to the Dark Templar before considering the manufacture of the Colossus.

10. coalescence

coalescence New Member

They allied themselves after their planet was already half laid to ruin, they probably could pump out some normal machines but refitting old machines of war is something else.

11. for-glory

for-glory New Member

The protoss didnt really have time to do anything prior to the invasion. They allied themselves with the DTs really late.
    So i dont think they had time to revive the colossi

12. sundance kid

sundance kid Guest

True, but if memory serves the Protoss fleet was severely crippled roughly around the fall of Tarsonis (which I imagine was quite time interval before the zerg travelled to Aiur) hence why Tassadar landed himself into trouble with the conclave. If I had existing arsenal lying about the galaxy locked away in moons and asteroids I'd make a point to go get it in order to beef up my forces. Surly it would have been worth the effort considering they were thought deadly enough to be locked away in the first place.
    Locking away your arsenal instead of dismantling is surly for the whole purpose of calling upon in times of need anyway.

13. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

The Protoss are such a proud race that I think it makes sense that they underestimated the Zerg threat and kept on with tradition, avoiding the revival of what they considered such gruesome machines of war. Plus, once the Zerg were actually nearing Aiur, I don't think the Protoss could have taken the risk of searching for the Colossi, as they needed all of their forces to defend against the upcoming onslaught.

14. burkid

burkid New Member

except aldaris took the risk to look for tassadar.

15. paragon

paragon Guest

The zerg were never really in a "getting close to aiur" phase they kinda just got off char, went into a warp tunnel, and came out over aiur and proceeded to lay waste to it. Really it's zeratul's fault that aiur was overrun by the zerg because the overmind touched his mind when he killed Zasz and learned the location of Aiur from him.
    Zeratul should be really depressed if he finds this out if he doesn't know already.

16. burkid

burkid New Member

zeratul already is depressed because he killed his own matriarch.

17. paragon

paragon Guest

then he'll probably just become completely invisible to everyone because he is so depressed.

18. burkid

burkid New Member

isnt he anyways?

19. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

Hmm, well you guys obviously know your Starcraft lore a bit better than me. Anyhow, about the Colossus in terms of gameplay, do you think it will be more or less effective against infantry units than the Twilight Archon? On starcraft2.com, the Colossus' clip shows it rip apart 5 shielded marines in a matter of seconds, while the two Twilight Archons take on a larger group of marines without shields, they are able to kill a few in a single blast. Twilight Archon and Colossus are the coolest units we've seen so far, in my opinion.

20. JudicatorPrime

JudicatorPrime New Member

Colossus will have its other uses not just killing infatry... The whole scaling terrain thing supports that... I wonder how it fairs vs. vehicles.