1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colossus & Warp Ray Damage

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Ayzee, Feb 10, 2008.

Colossus & Warp Ray Damage

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Ayzee, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Smokiehunter

Smokiehunter New Member

^ however we need to change with the times its what keeps threads from dieing.

What I have gatherd is that warp ray + colossus= ownage. this is because colossus kills all annoying GtA attackers away and warp ray flies about killing air that attack the colossus.

2. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Warpray < Viking/Corruptor/Phoenix. It's not an unstoppable tactic if that's what you think.

3. Ayzee

Ayzee New Member

Sweden
    I wonder if the warp ray will have "siege" range in the final build. Meaning it will fire from outside the range of stationary defences (new photon cannon, missile turret). I don't think it does at the moment but it just seems right for the unit.

And OK - I know - carrier already has siege range! But with the new damage system, I suggest the carriers be less effective vs buildings and give the warp ray the nisch for attacking buildings from a long range.

Suggestions? Thoughts?

4. Smokiehunter

Smokiehunter New Member

Gasmask I was just saying that would be an interesting tactic to explore of course you would need more than just 5 warp rays and 3 colossi to take down a base.

I like the carrier to be siege but in SC1 I don't think it was its just that the buildings would attack the inter instead of the carrier.

5. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    No, the Carrier in both SC1 and SC2 can send Interceptors while being out of static defence's range (7).

I wonder how much a Shrieker buffs up the range of a Clutch. A Cluth might actually reach Carriers and Swarm Guardians.

6. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    GMG, have you got any info about the Swarm Guardian?? All I could find that it will be something similar to the original guardian, and it spawns broodlings.. I am so curious about it. And I don't know if it will be that dangeorus as it was in the original SC.

7. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    OK here's everything I know:
    (you probably know all this too)

It's slightly bigger than the SC1 guardian, but has the same overall design. Jon said it might be a placeholder model (meaning it will be replaced with a proper design sooner or later).
    When the Swarm Guardian kills a unit, a Broodling or two are spawned. They are much weaker than the SC1 Broodlings though.

8. Gforce

Gforce New Member

good, i hated those little pests in SC1.

9. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Lol, they were already crap as they were and they nerf them? Nice.

10. Spacechick

Spacechick New Member

Yeah those broods are horrible weak,i wonder why blizzard didn't give it a bump after many many patch

11. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    The new Broodling requires no caster, no mana. It is spawned every time a Swarm Guardian finishes something off. How is that nerfed?

12. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Cuz most units would kill a Broodling with ease and nerfing them would make them serve a decoy role only.
    Do they still have that energy limit death?

13. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Are you saying that the Broodling in SC1 actually could take on something? :D

The thing is that with the Queen you would have a lot less Broodlings, remember that the Queen had to use energy while the Swarm Guardians will leave a trail of Broodlings everywhere they go. They will create decoys all the time. Excellent Siege Tank counter, for instance.

We don't know, but I would say yes.

14. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Of course. When there wasn't heavy fire around, a bunch of them could do nice damage while raiding.

Maybe so but I really doubt the Swarm Guardians will be massed much. They will be very deadly when attacking Terran mineral areas from behind cuz the Siege Tanks will splash the fuck outta the SCVs mining lol.
    Also the Queen was very fast meaning it could actually target units it wanted too, the Guardian won't have as much choice as a Queen would.
    Although, with the Broodlings being weaker, this may allow you to mass an army of them quicker since they have low HP. I'd defintly use a tactic like that.

Since they are weaker I really hope they don't have the energy limit, then again that means you get a big army for free, so I guess their current stats isn't so bad.

15. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Well I don't know HOW weak they are, Jon just said that they die so fast he didn't even have time to check the stats. :D

16. Gforce

Gforce New Member

what we neeed, is for some one at blizz to sneak out a small playable demo so we can get the correct stats so far.