1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cobra

Discussion in 'Terran' started by StormCrow, Jul 20, 2007.

Cobra

Discussion in 'Terran' started by StormCrow, Jul 20, 2007.

1. GrahamTastic

GrahamTastic Member

The thing is, you need an Armory to build a Cobra, which makes Siege Tanks a bit easier to get.

I think Cobras should be the initial Factory unit instead of the Viking. Adding a Tech Lab will get you the Siege Tank, and adding an Armory will get you the Viking.

2. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    It makes sense for the Viking to be first because it isn't that great until a bit later while the Cobra can do something other units can't ("drive by's"). So the Cobra needing the Armory is fine with me.

I can build one relatively quick because I like to get my metal out there ASAP.

3. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

if you circle around enemy troops during a battle, it might piss off the other guy, right?

4. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    At the speed of granny using her walker.

5. paragon

paragon Guest

You needed an armory to get the Goliath and I still ended up with more of those than I had tanks. I think it is good for it to be an armory unit.

6. Indigent

Indigent New Member

The goliath is more of a support unit while the tanks are the ones actually blowing up immobile defenses and other units. Goliaths are placed around your tanks so they can attack air units and attack when units get close enough. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention there are supposed to be more goliaths then tanks.

7. paragon

paragon Guest

Same with cobras, they are support. That was the point of my post. You have played into my hand perfectly... muahahahahaha

8. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Nooo!! You evil!! Evalll.... Stinky pants!

9. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

As the word implies them (Cobras) maybe nothings wrong with them becoz cobras are sneaky creatures even able to take out large victims... so basically what we are looking forward to is a raider unit for support... i mean come on,, the siege tank is a heavy duty unit but they cant move while doing heavy damage in siege mode... the only thing i want to change is for them to lose air attacking ability.. coz the vikings already fill the spot for the ground to air mech atcker... perhaps they can shift that to the Thor .. or not lol

10. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

The Terran Cobra's role in the Terran arsenal is to be an anti-armor attack vehicle from the information we have garnered so far. I think that the Cobra makes for the perfect candidate for the lockdown ability. The lockdown ability targets mechanical units shorting out circuitry of target, rendering it immobile for about 60 seconds. With this additional power, I think the Cobra would be a lot more devastating. If Blizzard does not increase it's speed, Blizzard should give it lockdown to compensate.

11. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

The Cobra is the one that attacks while moving, is it not? Totally imba if it gets that ability.

12. paragon

paragon Guest

I agree with fenix on this one.
    Besides, zergs have heavy units that are going to be susceptible to cobras but they aren't mechanical. So it doesn't always fit.

13. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Imagine if you have a line of siege tanks guarding your base. If the Cobras hover up, launching Lockdowns, they'll blow right past the core of your defense.

14. Nuclear Launch

Nuclear Launch New Member

To me the biggest problem with the cobras is that they just look so ugly. It´s the unit who looks more like a toy at this point.

15. paragon

paragon Guest

nonsense they look kinda like the IFT-T tanks from starwars

16. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

Does not mean that it cannot stop to cast the spell. Take for example all spell-casting units in StarCraft, they needed to pause to cast them. Also, it could also cost an incredible amount of energy to launch a single lockdown missile.
    Ghosts had the lockdown ability even against Zerg if you researched (and wasted valuable resources) on it. I am just saying that the Cobra could have this ability researched to make it more formidable against the technologically advanced races.
    You seem to forget that Siege Tanks have an incredible firing range, If the Cobras can get through and survive the line of fire, then maybe they might be able to lockdown a few. Also Cobras are farther up the tech tree and generally suck against everything else according to other people's BlizzCon 2007 accounts.

But if Blizzard does in fact give the Cobra a speed enhancement upgrade, then I am pleased and we can all disregard the thoughts of lockdown.

17. paragon

paragon Guest

I was just talking about your justification of giving it lockdown because it is an anti-armor unit.

18. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

balance should never be used as an argument to dismiss an idea, everything can be balanced.

if something is not balanced, change some numbers to either power it up or nerf it. simple

19. Shadowdragon

Shadowdragon New Member

I like the idea. Lockdown is by far the best way to deal with heavy units, so it makes perfect sense. Sure, it isn't useful against the zerg, but a partially usefull unit is better than a worthless one. After all, this kind of unit is to easy to overpower or under power with raw strength, so an ability may even things out a bit.

20. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

you really think so?

[img width=600 height=450]http://www.starshipmodeler.com/rv/cl_tank_Aat.jpg[/img]

[img width=670 height=653]http://images.wikia.com/starcraft/images/8/8c/Cobra.jpg[/img]

not to be a jerk but I don't really see it