1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cobra

Discussion in 'Terran' started by StormCrow, Jul 20, 2007.

Cobra

Discussion in 'Terran' started by StormCrow, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Well you'd probably be better off using less Cobras and going around in a tighter circle.

But the 11 Cobras got whittled down to 2...

2. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

yup,the Cobras need to move faster,i'd say the speed of the upgraded Vulture in SC1.the way it is now,the Cobras SHOULD be the counter to the Thor,and yet they are not.in fact,the Thor almost had the advantage there,because the Vultures took forever to circle around it.it would just be a matter of having more HP,and the Thor would have won.this doesn't feel right...

3. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    I giggled when the commentator said the Cobras were an 'effective' counter to the Thor.

4. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    Lol willy, i guess that post was a bit silly ^_^.....oops :-X

5. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

Remember that the entire point of the Thor is to be durable, so even when it gets toned down you can´t expect the Thor to die fast by anything.

6. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

yeah but when people say something is an effective counter to the Thor,we expect it to BE an effective counter to the Thor.the cobras are NOT good counters as they are now,not at all.in fact,of all the terran units they showed,it was only the Cobra that seemed flawed and incomplete

to put it simply,it sucks right now...

haha,i did that as well XD

7. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Even though I want faster Cobras, that's just way too fast. Upgraded Vultues were the fastest units in the whole game. And since Cobras can fire while moving, there are very few counters to it, especially for the Zerg, as only the muta and hydra are ranged, and neither of them are fast enough.

8. Avrorius

Avrorius New Member

Hi ,i've just seen those cobra units and...must agree with @Vindicatormsc & @Major Willy, design sucks big time, it has like 0 personality, unlike those Vultutres back then. Dunno much bout it's function and weapon-type (gaussrifle? was it?) but sounds out of synch, judging by some comments :)TNX

9. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

If blizzard doesn't increase the base speed for the cobra, I hope that they put in an upgrade for them. You can upgrade the speed for a lot of other units, the cobra might be the same way. Although I would prefer I faster base speed and no costly upgrade.

10. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

they only have to be faster than the Thor's turning speed.i don't really care how they do against other units,but they MUST be faster than the Thor's turning speed,they really do.

11. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

/\ the thor is higher up the tech tree. I'm more concerned about microing it against earlier units.

12. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Too bad the rail gun doesn't work like a rail gun. Oh my gosh look a whole line of zerglings! Who will save us from this zergling convoy?

13. Broodling

Broodling New Member

The cobra has recently gained an electrical attack that slows enemies. Hopefully, this combined with its anti-armor attack will make it more useful... If they keep both attacks.

14. Ensomgrav

Ensomgrav New Member

if the whole general purpose of the cobra is to be an anti-armor recon vehicle, then it fails horribly. it reminds me of the gauss warthog from halo 2 and 3 but with a worse design and horribly slower. who would design something to be that slow. i think the marines were running faster then it.

15. Overling

Overling New Member

You guys have to remember that if it moves too fast it'll be harder to maneuver in circular patterns. I get the point that Cobras can be ordered to follow something else and don't have to be worried about ever targeting, as they can attack while moving. But in case you wanna play a group of Cobras in specific manners other than hit-and-run, they can't be that fast.

-When they're following/backing some other unit, why do they need to be faster?
    -When doing hit-and-run, their slowing damage will compensate their not absurd speed. As soon as an enemy falls behind, the next one closest will be slowed too, so enemies at chase won't stand a chance.

I think that slowing enemies completes the Cobra. One could attack an enemy base and in face of danger, order a retreat to the home-base. As long as they don't get stuck in the way, what I hope that the new AI will prevent, there won't be other concerns about them. I don't see how it could get more perfect.

I trust that it doesn't win a game by itself. But it sure will be a hell of a tool.

16. Ensomgrav

Ensomgrav New Member

It should have a attack run abillity, it functions like patrol but it can have more then one point. i.e point a to b to c in what ever formation you choose. It would really shape a battle field

17. Dinoxe

Dinoxe New Member

I love the shoot on the go method of fighting, i just wish the cobra had some kind of enhanced vulture mine, since it is taking the vultures place and all. This is definately an Anti Tank and Anti Thor unit though, and could really exploit some weaknesses in the other races aswell