1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cobra

Discussion in 'Terran' started by StormCrow, Jul 20, 2007.

Cobra

Discussion in 'Terran' started by StormCrow, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Welcome to the forums Rendom, and a mighty good job on the model.

Although I though ArchLimit's remodel of the cobra was hugely better than the Blizzard version, I actually like you idea better now that I see it.  Especially with the fact in mind that many battles in StarCraft take place in space, I like the idea and look of your wheeled model better.

I don't know if hovering would actually make more sense in space or not, but I don't know why something wouldn't just fly if it could hover when there is less or no gravity.  I don't know what it is and I can't explain it yet, but for some reason I think your idea of the cobra is more fitting.  It looks more sturdy and rugged, more like something that would be used to take down armored units with powerful rail guns.

I really love the idea, big thumbs up and a power up.

2. Gold

Gold New Member

@remy i dont remeber when they expalined space platforms, but they must have some kind of anti gravity and atmosphere, they woudnt make sense other wise

i really like the wheeled cobra, but what would it loooked like if you made it more gritty? with like pipes and a vent, and a ladder going up to the cockpit.
    other than that i think its rather joke.

3. Patuljak

Patuljak New Member

Slovenia
    I don't like it. Sorry. I just don't get the wheels, and I think it's a bit too much like the tank. Plus the fact that I kinda like the original cobra. But a powerup for the effort nonetheless.

4. MyWifeforauir

MyWifeforauir New Member

man i wish i could do things like that,,, I don't know where to even start... Well nice job, its an interesting idea and has a grittier feel to it. But i like the idea of hovering, dunno why i just do :p (maybe because the vulture was hovering as well?)

5. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    Awesome idea i used to like Archlimit's idea but now i feel your idea looks more promising and better and welcome to the forum

6. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    I will never get why people like hover. But anyway, cobra is supposed to have the exact opposite role from the vulture. Where the vulture was anti-infantry by design and fast hit-and-run harassment by function, the cobra is meant to be counter armored units.

I think a comparatively light and flimsy vehicle that supposed hovers around all floaty-like in outer space doesn't really fit a vehicle that is supposed to take down heavily armored units/vehicles, but that's my just my opinion anyway.

7. Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit New Member

Looks nice, good job on the model.

8. Gold

Gold New Member

its supposed to outmanover them, impling that if heavyier units like the thor could keep up with them they would get sluaghtered.
    there gonna be pretty useless against immortals.
    i agree with you that wheels are better than hover, but if we follow a logical line here, it is essentially a vulture/seige tank hybrid and then later given the role of killing heavy units. which is possibly the reason it looks the way it does, but tbh a very fast spider style mine would be a much kooler thing to have vs heavy units than cobras are.

9. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    The hover version looks better.

10. This version is better, I dont like how the current cobra or the vulture looks.

11. Pix

Pix New Member

What programme do you use? I'm intrigued.
    ~Pix~

12. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    It doesn't look bad it just doesn't convey the hit and run fast moving aspect of the unit like a hover version does

13. manaplague

manaplague New Member

Hovering is just an aspect of the Cobra that really can't be removed. it's just gives is a different feel from the siege weapons of the Terran army, it feels more hit and run with hovering.

14. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Hovering gives a sense of speed to it too. The sleek lines and pointed front the fins. It screams jet fighter reminds me of the movie Stealth almost. Also hover vehicles could be more agile so long as the mechanics allow. just imagine the cobra being able to drive sideways the extra manuverability there already adds to the defference between it and some bulky tank.

15. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

Topic says it all.

16. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

It deals impressive damage against Armored Targets so at least against Armored air units it will be good. "Light" airunits shouldn´t have much HP either so they could be taken down by pure Firepower (Terrans have quite a lot units that hit air compared to what we know about Protoss).

17. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

yeah, i wonder if warp ray/phoenix are considered armored units. was 25 or 35 vs armored units? Its quite a punch.

Is armored, considered armor or size?

18. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

Armored is the "class" it replaces size as deciding factor for Damage modificators. A bit more easy since that is shown while the SC damagesystem wasn´t explaned ingame or the manual. It does not refer to the actuall "armorvalue".

19. eskudero

eskudero New Member

i guess warp ray will be considered as an armored unit,unlike the phoenix,which seems to me something like a mix between the corsair and the scout.

20. Inpox

Inpox New Member

Well from what i have seen there are Organic, Mechenical, Large (?),  Armored and Heavy Armored units. Please correct me if i am wrong. i know there are heavy armored unit types because vikings and warp rays get attack bonus against them and btw i think the warp ray is a heavy armored unit