1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carrier Ideas

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by LordKerwyn, Aug 6, 2007.

Carrier Ideas

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by LordKerwyn, Aug 6, 2007.

1. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    I wasnt originally gonna respond to this but 100 dmg on a kamakazie from an inteceptor is way overpowered i know reavers could do it for cheaper but that was the onlything they could and the reaver was way less manueverable than the carrier.

2. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    yea so make it 50 dmg each and definetly a cool down rate. I mean carriers are expensive. It'll also obviously be an upgrade too like increasing carrier capacity.

3. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

i saw that idea and i dont like it. a carrier is too slow moving for that to be effective against anything but buildings, and it would be rare to get more then 2 carriers that can explode, easy pickings for any anti air defence, considering that the new carrier has no anti air sheilds. and it sounds too much like soul hunter to me

4. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    the current carriers have anti air shields they pretty much replaced the tempest with the carrier and just gave the carrier the tempest's model with different colors.

5. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Look, its good that people are basing a new ability on Tassadars noble act, however he was only able to create such a large explosion and cause that much damage because of his incredible psionic abilities. This means that not all high templars which pilot these massive behemoths could make an explosion like that.

6. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

no, tassadar was able to do so because of his dark templar energies, and now that the protoss and dark templar have been integrating for 4 years, i'm sure that they could rig an interceptor to explode. i still think it's stupid to have a carrier blow up, though

7. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    I dont think anyone is suggesting anything as powerful as what Tassadar did but rather something similar that a carrier can do when it is about to go down anyways. Also i would imagine you have to be rather powerful High Templar to pilot a carrier because you are by yourself piloting a massive ship and commanding a small fleet of interceptors.

EDIT: @hllzagold the reason i would be hesitant about using interceptors as scarabs is you would get alot of bonus damage without much of cost expecially since it looks like you can get recources fatser in SC2 over SC1.

8. Indigent

Indigent New Member

You imagine there would be enough room to fit fifty people..

9. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

nah actually you dont have to move toward your enemies, the AOE will be insane. think nuke. and the damage is WTF?! yah it should be rare, and when use its very destructive. but ofcourse it should not be as strong as a nuke, maybe 80% of the nuke damage and AOE. ^^

its not basically the main reason why you build carriers(get them explode). the interceptors swarms is still the best.

the ability to explose is optional, well if you manage to get 15 kills for one carrier. hhmm i think its add more micro for carrier and strategy likewise.

10. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    I think (I have nothing supporting this theroy) that carriers only have one pilot/commander but they have room to carry armies through space and for supplies etc.....  The reason i think this is how Tassadar seemed in complete control of the Gantrithor with no help and in the cinematic showing him piloting it didnt look as if there was room for any of pilots in that "command chamber".(whatever you would like to call it)

EDIT: I still think the carrier kamakazie should have a rather small AOE but do enough damage to kill/severly damage everything in the balst radius. (assuming blizzard implements this idea of course)

11. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

why not just give it 3000 damage and an AOE the size of the map? ^^^^^^

bonus? the interceptors cost about twice as much as a scarab, and what i suggest would do about half as much damage, only a quarter as effective.

12. privateparts

privateparts New Member

Anyone got a pic of the new carrier??

13. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    My avatar is a screenshot of the carrier that was at blizzcon you can find a larger image under protoss units- blizzcon images

14. Lemmy

Lemmy New Member

Kamikaze carriers? Then we would have kamikaze BCs, wraiths, mutas... Scrouges could also be kamikaze, just drop from the sky like a bomb.

15. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

@ hillzagold. then that would be way imba. unlike my idea its actually balance. ^^

16. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Hmmm.. Why stop at 3000 damage? The Ion Cannon hase like 5000 health.

17. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    The orignal idea of this thread was to brainstorm reasonable ideas for a possible upgrade to the carrier..... to make it more fresh simiar to what the battlecruiser got.

18. privateparts

privateparts New Member

Give the carrier ground only sheilds I liked that idea. Maybe give them ability to transport Collosus.

19. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Colosuses cannot be transported which blows. In island games, they are useless. Reavers are gone now which always blows.

20. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Yes. To me the new carrier looks a lot like that Andromeda ship from the show Andromeda..... Its got those round shield thingies.. I still think it needs a LOT more of a revamp. But it does look cool.