1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carrier Ideas

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by LordKerwyn, Aug 6, 2007.

Carrier Ideas

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by LordKerwyn, Aug 6, 2007.

1. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

Re: Carriers

yes i agree carrier you should get new skills and abilities or they will be boring and not exciting to use in starcraft 2.

carrier should have the ability to charge themselves and explode damaging all nearby units. but only carriers who reached 15 kills can do this ultimate. we can see in the status the carrier has already killed at least 15 units, and the carriers form/model will change or glow and the ultimate button will now be active. 8)

but ofcourse you will only use it strategically and if there are no other options left like if the carrier is about to die. or you can do it anytime you want.

theres an information in the interface that let us see how many units a certain unit has killed. so adding my idea will make it usefull. ^^

yes a weaker version of that of tassadar's garinthor.

2. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

new abilities? I think that would be great. I especially like the speed boost idea. However, please don't make them the Battlecruiser with "choose this" or "choose that" only scheme. That's cool/great for the terrans. This is protoss. Do something different but still balanced. I also like even more interceptors. or possibly a damage upgrade to them.

/\ actually maybe no extra attack, they kicked ass as they were. How about something to defend against the scourge (i.e. the bane of carriers)

3. paragon

paragon Guest

Well they shouldn't rip off crappy stuff like that

4. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

yeah shouldn't have ripped off shit like that. what's wrong with the old carrier model?

5. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT

oh cmon seriously why are people complaining abot ripping off of this and that. Why just dig deep through stuff and compare this to that. It's not gonna help anything!

"Oh it reminds me of this"
    "Oh it looks like this"
    "Oh it looks like this if you look closer"
    "Oh it looks like this if you add this shit"
    "Oh its ripped off of this thing that was done 40 years ago"

Sci-fi was original long ago... you can't get more original anymore. Everything that is done is influenced by each other. Just f-in deal with it and enjoy whats coming up next! Give these guys a break! Once we get the game, all this bs complaining about little things will be all done with.

yea that's my meanie rant so onto the O.P's post. Yea it should have some nice ability (other than the upgrades for capacity) like maybe have some kind of psi laser-like weapon to heavily damage a building (haha yes like the yamato cannon) or something. I'm hungry so I'll think of something later. ^_^

6. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space

Thanks for trying to get this thread back on topic FT. While i liike your idea i dont think the carrier's new ability (assumeing blizzard gives it one) should be anything like what the battlecruiser already has.

Although i did like the kamakazie idea suggested earlier in this because it would add a new level of choice to the carrier because you would have to choose whether or not to sacrafice one of the mos powerful units in the protoss or try and keep it around for awhile longer probbally trying to survive just on the carrier's shield.

7. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT

How about kamikazing the interceptors? Maybe have an option to kamikaze one interceptor for like 100 damage or something. That way you can still build new interceptors and not sacrifice a whole carrier.

8. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space

I like the idea of sacrificeing the carrier because hard choices are what make a game interesting. (atleast in ym opinion)

9. DaygoWop

DaygoWop New Member

I actually really like that idea! But, do you think Protoss would be Kamikazes?

10. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

hell no, its waaaay to zerg like just make things to throw at other things with (the zerg principle basically)

11. DaygoWop

DaygoWop New Member

that is exactly what i was thinking! I do like the idea tiger, but it dosent seem to fit Protoss :-\

12. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space

Look at what Tassadar did. I know its not the same but in dire situations the protoss have no problem with kamakazie tactics look at the flavor text behind the immortals and such.

13. Indigent

Indigent New Member

They ARE about honerable deaths.. Unlike the zerg which are all like , "I live serve the swarm!" They are mindless idiots that will sacrafise themselves so they can claim this land for there own.
    Scourge1: Hey look a valkire!!! Everyone rush it!!
    Scourge1-278934519457.32156: Chaaaaarrgege!!

14. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT

yea it does. its a huge investment to make so if it would kamikaze, it would have to make a tassadar like explosion so it would be like some huge AoE damage. I still like the interceptor kamikaze since it can do mild damage like a scarab (I'm thinking 100 to 125) and you can still make them at a tiny bit more expensive cost than a scarab would.

Did I just think of a compromise? Reaver like features in the carrier? ooooooooooooo

15. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space

While i see your point about honorable deaths if a player came to a point where needed to sacfice a carrier it probally be a honorable thing for the pilot to do. (Unless the ability was to Overpowered)

I see this ability being used by sverely damaged carriers that arnt going to last much longer in a battle anyways to do that extra little that can change the tide of a battle.

P.S. Aw good point FT but Tassadar was an extremely powerful High Templar so the kamakazie would not be as powerful as what he did.

16. DaygoWop

DaygoWop New Member

i am sorry flyingtiger, but this is the first time that I disagree with you  :no: I just dont think it fits the Protoss feel...

Edit: LordKerwyn, that sounds better. If the Carrier was severely damaged, I could see that

17. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Hehe, maybe if you crash it... It will make a giant explosion that is bigger then 4 battle cruisers put side by side explosion and makes debris fall down and damages all units below. Or make a minature black hole... :)

18. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Toss have no problem killing off robotic units, its biological which they have a problem with.

Anyway, how much dmg would the carriers self-destruct do? and under what conditions?

And! The kamikaze interceptors could just be ultra-spammed for maxumim killage... (yes, killage)

19. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    but an interceptor is robotic... no protoss are needed to be sacrificed!

oh ghost i'm thinking of one at a time.. like a cooldown rate similar to the reaver

20. DaygoWop

DaygoWop New Member

okay I agree now. I forgot they were robotic and one at a time sounds good too :good: