1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannibalism

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by LimaBeanMage, Jul 5, 2007.

Cannibalism

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by LimaBeanMage, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Gorythax

Gorythax New Member

Liquid-fire. ;P

Not my point anyways...

You're right, it is warcraftesque...

I just thought zergs could have something more special than MASS ZERG HIM MUAHAHA HE PWN and then get ripped by 24 carriers + 4 arbiters. It would be nice, since I think playing zerg is pretty much repetitive and boring.

2. shanodin

shanodin New Member

They should make the Drones able to carry dead Zerg bodies to the base to feed Larva. That would temporarily increase the Larva generation rate of your Hatchery. Maybe even permanently but by a small amount. If more than 10 dead bodies would be turned in, the Hatchery would eventually produce one extra larva (Just to make it actually worth it to risk the life of your Drones.) ;D

Collecting dead bodies around the map might be time consuming, and while you are busy with other things you rarely have time to walk to the dead bodies with your drone and click click click all the time. That is why the Drones should have a passive ''Auto harvest dead bodies ability'' that could be turned ON and OFF. This would make the Drone automatically detect dead units and collect them (starting from the closest one). Basically works in the same way as mineral farming.

I think this would boost the Zerg's ''Swarming'' nature especially in games that last longer than average.

3. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

If you are what you eat, aren't we all cannibals?

4. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    The whole use dead Zerg bodies thing could be nice if they come up with something good I guess. Yes to the general idea, but would have to be specific to what it is. Can't be something too good.

But having been a Zerg player for as long as I have, I've never really thought of Zerg as having throw-away units any more than the other races, other than zerglings. I think of hydras roughly as marine equivalents, and that we just have one more(lings) that's cheaper below that.

I really think that's an over-exaggerated misconception about Zerg. Zerg players don't really throw anything other than lings away, and not even really lings very early in the game. It's only the less skilled players who are too lazy to micro that just send and forget.

5. Gorythax

Gorythax New Member

@Remy don't you mean macro? I hear people write it micro every day yet I think the correct word is macro... I've been meaning to ask for that. Intriguing, eh? :p

6. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Macro is control of your base and economy and spending of resources.

Micro is control of your individual or small groups of units to get more out them.

7. Patuljak

Patuljak New Member

Slovenia
    Sorry, but I don't like your idea. Nor any of the others suggested here. It just don't see it fitting in with zerg. Or Starcraft, while we're at it.

8. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Well, adrenal glands are like frenzy so...

9. Gorythax

Gorythax New Member

Thanks Major Willy. And yeah, they get full frenzy when you upgrade... I'd see it fitting with the zerg, I mean the whole carcass thing...

10. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    I hope you got the answer from Major Willy's explanation. I do mean micro, the correct word here would be micro, not macro.

11. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    About gathering bodies, and getting bonuses, and all that good stuff: don't corpses, as far as we've seen, vanish in about 3 seconds anyway? You'd think they'd hang around longer if Blizzard intended to use them for anything.

12. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    A very good point. I don't think Blizz would like having a lot of bodies around possibly bogging down slower machines that could otherwise run the game pretty well.

13. Gorythax

Gorythax New Member

Hmm... true. Since Starcraft obviously is way more massy than WC. And yes, I got the explanation :p.
    I shall go to bed less stupid tonight :)

14. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    No one knows everything right from the start without first learning about it, don't feel bad, and I hope you didn't take any offense.

Micro, macron, bah~ you knew what I was talking about anyway.

15. LimaBeanMage

LimaBeanMage New Member

That would be why it could also go as just a passive effect that is only useful in big battles. I wouldn't want bodies all over the place either but a beneficial effect could be triggered when a good number fallen are in close vicinity to living Zerg forces. This would mean that it wouldn't work for eight to twelve zerglings but when you start pushing the tewnty unit envelope that there would be enough to trigger this effect.

I think this over all would give a sense of fear for larger Zerg forces. The army grows stronger when more units are added, not just in number though. I think this fits the idea that you fear Zerg growth even though you would have an army to match.

16. Gorythax

Gorythax New Member

Nah, it's ok Remy. And to continue the discussion, it would make the game laggy... unless there were only like 1 unit on 20 that stays for like 1 minute?

17. marinepower

marinepower New Member

Fairfax
    In response to this talk of gathering bodies, this might work: It would be nice if you could infest dead infantry when you cast a researched infestation spell by a queen. This would look like green goo and might successfully reanimate 1/4 the marines/ghosts with 20 h.p. minus his finishing blow. So if a marine was killed by a zergling, and had 3 hp left right before it died, then a queen could reanimate it with 18/20 hp. The longer the body is on the ground, the lower the cap goes (20/20 15/20 10/20 5/20)

Bob:phew that was a tough fight, but we finally managed to destroy this infested hive.
    Joe:Oh shit is that a queen?!?
    Bob+Joe: AUGGHH ZOMBIES!!!