1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can the Zealot dodge attacks?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by merkavam4, Sep 17, 2007.

Can the Zealot dodge attacks?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by merkavam4, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Trooper_Lozer

Trooper_Lozer New Member

good point

2. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Leave RPG elements and dice rolling out of my copy of SC2 thanks.  I'm absolutely on the same page with Jon on that one.  Perhaps a lot of people have played SC without much thought, maybe they didn't really care too much about the intricacies.  But there are certainly fans who appreciate SC for its straight forward gameplay.  I for one hate all the percent chances and damage value ranges(min~max) in War3.  It's not just the interpretation of a few individuals, SC and War3 were built very differently.  Dice rolling doesn't belong in SC for the most part.

I think some of the folks here are not thinking completely straight.  The question should never be "why not?"  If everything you stick into a game is based on such a criterion, it might not appear to matter much at first.  But after a few of those why-nots, you're bound to notice a bunch of half-assed ideas and features that don't really work together with the rest of the game.  Why throw a kink into an otherwise fine game that worked well enough without it?  New ideas are always good, but with already so many people objecting to it and voicing concerns, you can't possibly think simply slapping a "why not?" on it would magically make it work perfectly and problem free.

The zealot's ability to quickly close in on a target with the increased speed from charge IS the counter to ranged fire.  That's the design Blizzard came up with for such an application, and it seems to be a damn good one, why are people even bringing this up when there ain't nothing wrong with it?  If you beta test the game and zealots suck like cow dung, then that would be the time.  But as of now, even just theorizing, it seems fine.  There hasn't been any complaints from BlizzCon goers either.  If it's the damn lore that's bothering people, go cry about changing the lore, it's a pretty stupid one anyway.  Energy my ass, it sure looks like good old Earthly sprint to me.

3. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    ROFLMAO!

Thanks for the backup of logic, Remy, I could always use one. I'm sometimes not so good at intricately laying out a concise argument based purely on logic.