1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bunker

Discussion in 'Terran' started by L89, Jul 20, 2007.

?

Do you think new bunker needs remodeling?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
  3. I liked the bunker from SC1 better.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Bunker

Discussion in 'Terran' started by L89, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

if you can bunk reapers and they can throw their mines, that would be the best Anti-Swarm

2. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

bunkers should come with a cache of grenades that marines can throw. this can be autocasted. you would either have to buy it like scarabs, or it would restock automatically, and it would do as much damage as a marine attack, but would splash.

3. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

i like this idea, it would make bunkers more interesting

4. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

yes. since terran will not get any other static defense... which i really want. a bunker with attributes or skills will be great.

i still like static laser machine guns, rail guns, ion canons, tesla coil for the terran tho. =p

5. MobileInfantry

MobileInfantry New Member

Don't terran have that ground only gatling turret already? I remember seeing it in that screen shot with the nuke outside the terran base and the mutalisk getting sniped i think. Anyway i think the turret will do, instead of adding more things to bunker.

6. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    i think the gatling defency-thingy was scrapped big-time. Otherwise they would have revealed it by now.

7. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

Theoretically Bunkers are the best defense, filled with marines they deal most damage and hit both Air&Ground if only the Marines didn´t require Supply. They don´t need to be stronger just less awkward to use.

8. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Maybe if bunkers cam pre loaded they would of course cost more that way

9. capthavic

capthavic New Member

Not neccesarily. They have been focusing on the units more than the structures. And on the site they have only revealed two protoss structures and just one terran. I really hope that they keep it because it will help defend areas without spending minerals/supply on marines to fill a bunker.

Anyway back to the topic I think that bunkers are fine the way they are. SCV auto repair would be cheap and lost special abilities is the price for extra protection.

10. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    that was all very good points. I just dont see the special role the gatling turret would play when you already have bunkers and siege tanks for land defence. Wouldnt it overlap with atleast the bunker? They are a bit different of course, but thats not good enough. What if they revealed a new static defence for the protoss, the "phase cannon2". The differenses is that it cant hit air and it takes up food. Its just too similiar.

I myself think the "gatling turret" looks awsome, i just dont see the key role its playing,
    if not the bunkers role.

11. Associate

Associate New Member

though the bunker provides a better base defense, the gattling turrets should help secure less priority areas around your base to fend off any possible enemy sneak attacks especially by units like the stalkers. but should they deal more damage against light or heavy armored units?

12. -LT-

-LT- New Member

They should deal more damage to light armored units because they are the ones who will make the sneak attack (reaper, stalker...).

13. Yrcrazypa

Yrcrazypa New Member

Gattling turrets would be cool. Make them do less damage than a bunker obviously, but be cheaper in the long run and fire slightly faster than an unstimmed marine. Maybe it could have an upgrade on it to add another barrel to double its damage late game.

14. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    or maybe it could be late-game itself. Atleast not tier 1.

15. DontHate

DontHate New Member

one ability i think is necesary is stimpack... allowing all units in side to stim. it's just dumb that they can't.

16. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    yeah, its annoying to get em out, stim em, and put em back in :(

17. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Well, based on my observation, Stim packs, are only produced speed for marines and firebats, isn't ???
    :)

18. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    no no no, it also increases the rate of fire! And having marines that shoot at double speed is a HUGE advantage in a battle, since the enemies have to destroy the bunkers first.

19. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

The big advantage of a "Gattling gun" defense would be that it wouldn´t need supply (food), wich is the actuall problem of the Bunker.

20. coreyb

coreyb Guest

Yeah bunker's are expensive but pritty good iff You have the right unit's in them and protect them with a few other unit's/vehcle's and it's the same with other game's with their bunker's and garrisoned building's iff You have the right unit's in them then it will be the right defence structure to help You defend against those pesky enemy's.