1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Browser Battle?

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Light, Oct 26, 2007.

?

Whats the best internet browser in your opinion?

1. Internet Explorer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Firefox

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Opera

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Safari

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other (say what)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Browser Battle?

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Light, Oct 26, 2007.

1. PKZeppelin

PKZeppelin New Member

Yeah... They always solving problems. I want compability right now, and use browser for usability, not for updating latest versions ^^

2. The Watcher

The Watcher Guest

I use IE

hey can anyone help me? when I try to host on wc3 or sc it doesnt work, but ive done some fidleing (but still I dont know it works yet)

what do you that host have as nortan etc... settings.

3. Quanta

Quanta New Member

yuck Nortan, get AVG or AntiVir, they're really good and they're free. But besides that, make sure you have no firewalls active. Also, make sure you are not having your connection go through a router. At home, i'm at college now, my connection goes through a router so we can share one cable modem amongst several computers. However, it seems I am unable to host unless I bypass the router and get a direct connection from my comp to the modem.

4. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Tht has to be one of the worst pieces of advice I have ever heard.

The firewall is what keeps people out. If you are hosting all you need to do is add port exceptions. If you open everything then you won't be the only person hosting som,ething from that computer. It will also put other computers on the same network at risk

5. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    no active firewalls? Are you asking for your computer to get hacked? Firewall is what keeps others out of your computer, I should always be on.

I use symantic firewall and anti-spyware, and my internet is perfectly fine, with no errors either. The only message I ever get is every few weeks or so, my spyware tells me it blocked some file/user from getting on my internet, thus I know its working fine and doing its job.

6. The Watcher

The Watcher Guest

I do know the blizzard wc3 port is 6112 to 6119 but i'm not sure where to put port exceptions.

7. PKZeppelin

PKZeppelin New Member

Stay on topic, lol... Tell me 5 reasons why any browser is better than IE7 !

8. Themacman

Themacman New Member

I had virus problems on my PC when I used IE, but when i started to use FF, i suddently didn't have any problems? But now I use mac, and the last year, there has been no problems ;)

9. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    The main reason IE has issues is because its the most used internet provider, so anyone that make viruses will target it because they know lots of people use it.

If more started using FF or opera, sure enough, more viruses will start to be created for them to. All anti virus software is playing catchup with the virus makers. No matter how powerful it is, people will still be able to create a virus that can get into it.

10. Light

Light Guest

EonMaster, as simple as it is, INTERNET EXPLORER IS CRAP. there, I said it. ktnxbai.

11. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    I have no idea what your talking about, I've used IE all my live and never had issues with it As long as I upgrade spyware and anti-virus every few weeks, its been perfectly fine. No malware or anthing has ever infected any computer I've used in the 18 years I've been alive.

12. Themacman

Themacman New Member

Well, IE does have some problems when it comes to blocking viruses... The reason that peopel make the viruses for IE is that it is the easyest browser to make a virus to. And instead of making IE secure, they just wait until other companies makes a virus protection program for IE.

13. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Wow you amaze me with your debating skills.

Have you even tried IE7?

14. PKZeppelin

PKZeppelin New Member

That's funny that people choose FF thinking that they will be safer. Virus blocking is antivirus responsibility, there will be always ways to brake browser's security, since web sites uses new standarts, plugins, etc. I don't go to xxx sites, download stuff only from trusted torrent trackers, don't use mail soft, have internet security program installed, and don't care. Why I need firefox? There's tabs already in IE7. Plugins? Well most of these plugins are just harmfull, except those to copy flash and another content. Faster loading? I see no difference.

15. Light

Light Guest

Yes, its crap. You noobs go try Opera.

16. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Oh thats a great way to get people to believe you. Insult them.

Maybe you should try substantiating your claims.

17. Light

Light Guest

Go read first page of posts. Quanta and I have put up substantial reasons. No more needed.

18. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    wow, really works, thnx for the info, i voted FF

19. Themacman

Themacman New Member

Yes there will always be a way to break a browser's security, but it's easier to break some browser's than others, and IE is one of those who are easy to break :p FF is harder to break, and less people use it so there ain't that many who has tryed to break it.

20. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    That may be so, but as long as you upgrade you virus protection every couple of weeks and don't download stuff from third parties, you have no problem with it. For what I do on the internet; this and looking up vidoes on youtube, IE works great. Only internet I need and it loads things superfast. I don't need those more advanced browsers.