1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brood Lord

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Cabbage, Mar 31, 2010.

?

Brood Lord OP?

1. OP yup yup yup

13 vote(s)
    30.2%
  2. nay!

30 vote(s)
    69.8%

Brood Lord

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Cabbage, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Cabbage

Cabbage New Member

Considering that the Brood Lord has a long range and that the broodlings they spawn are free, and that there are NOT a lot of counters to it, (only air-to-air units) I would say that they are over-powered.

Even though a tier 3 unit should be very strong, they should definitely NOT be a winning ticket to the match, just like the mothership, which got nerfed so badly you wouldn't be able to distinguish it from an arbiter. Currently once the zerg gets them, they pretty much own the match unless the opponent was fully prepared for it.

The main issue is actually the mantalings, which blocks the marines' paths and multiply like rabbits, and they do so much damage as well. True, they have a short lifespan, but you could easily accumulate 10+ of them with only ONE Broodlord, and that's enough to decimate any ground forces when you have five or more of them.

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  2. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    you could only spawn a few at a time with one because of the slow attack rate

counters
    Toss - void rays (not that easy to get unless thats all ur getting) or stalkers w/ blink (easy to get, just blink under brood lords to kill them very fast)
    Terran - Vikings, not hard to get since you'll probly be doing a M&M&M build, so you just have to make a couple and keep them safe, and thors that have a buffer unit, like mass marines or something to kill the mantalings
    Zerg - currupters, (not that easy to get but still a counter), and thats about it.

however in order to have these counters up you MUST SCOUT, something that is very essential in SC, if you can't scout and you're not a noob, then you might as well GG as soon as you get into a match.
    Their not overpowered IF you get the counters, which is what you need to do in SC if you are to win the match.

3. Mycophobia

Mycophobia Guest

I managed just fine against BL's with a Colossus/Stalkers combo. Blink is a must, and being able to micro it is essential.

4. Tsukae

Tsukae Guest

BL's got nerfed in patch 11 today. Fortunately the corrupters got buffed so it evens things out a bit.

5. Ragels

Ragels New Member

Portland, Or.
    Corruptors got nerfed bro.

That new ability is damn near useless.

6. asdf

asdf New Member

what? corruptors got a speed and damage boost, and an ability they can actually use, and helps them take down capital ships and other priority targets more easily. way better than stopping a building for a while.

7. deth moad ue

deth moad ue New Member

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. I only use corrupters to cover my BLs, so for me it's a buff. If they'd give corruptors fungal growth, that'd rock.

8. ptealixpaint

ptealixpaint Guest

shielded marines/stalker/hydra in large quantities make the broodlings look stupid... I don't know what the complaint is. You shouldn't be focus firing the broodlord when the broodling takes literally a few hits to kill anyways, just attack move towards the broodlord and gg them...

And its not two free broodlings every attack, if the lord is constantly attacking its 2 broodlings then 1 at a time... hardly anything to cry about considering how expensive and hard to acquire.

And who was *****ing about Voidrays being oh so hard to get compared to broodlords?

you need gateway core stargate... VOIDRAYS.... wow that was tough.

9. jcalex286

jcalex286 New Member

I am a zerg player and I hardly feel BL is OP, it is really moving slow and at any time only 3 broodlings at most can be spawned from one BL. The argument about accumulating 10 broodlings with just one BL is totally false. While BL can take terran units with ease, they do struggle against stalkers because of the blink ability. Their extremely slow movement made them rather a air-ground artillery than a flying unit. It is also very expensive and unable to attack air, comparing with terran BC and toss carrier. All zerg tier-3 units are crippled while toss has carrier/mothership and terran has BC and thor, all of which can attack air/ground equally. Even Colossi can undoubtedly deal a load more damage than ultralisk while the cost is roughly the same. The zerg is just screwed in SC2.

10. tskarz

tskarz New Member

Also consider the fact that a tier 3 unit like thor is so much easier to tech to and build. Zerg have to go lair>spire>infestor pool>hive>greater spire, then after all that crap they have to build corrupters and morph to brood lords. For terran you have to go rax, factory, armory, and then bam you have thors that are easy and relatively quick to build. Or terran can just spam vikings and take out brood lords in two seconds. Toss can wreck them with stalkers+blink, phoenix, void rays. Zerg were already weakest race and they get nerfed....

11. tskarz

tskarz New Member

seriously... if you look that the tech trees for all the races, zerg takes the longest to get anti-air and the longest to get any t3 units on the field. instead of nerfing brood lords, they should have allowed you to morph BL's from mutas.

12. Arc

Arc New Member

brood lord broodlings are actually quite powerful, it takes only a sec for 2 broods to kill a roach, but that doesn't make the brood lord OP in any way simply because they can be countered easily, i would say that they're best against siege lines though

13. Arterial

Arterial New Member

I agree, I actually played a match and got myself 2-3 brood lords, definitely didnt win the game for me, I lost btw, protoss guys had plenty of stalkers and void rays.

14. Arc

Arc New Member

they're just the best zerg units to mix in with the army, they're serious trouble for the opposing army

15. Archangel

Archangel New Member

Since all other tier 3 zerg units suck and this unit takes forever to get and costs a lot I would say it is not OP. I lost plenty of games as Zerg because I didn't get them in time and thought I could actually win a game without them.

I am all for nerfing Broodlords if that will improve other Zerg units and let Zerg win without building those late game.

16. Arterial

Arterial New Member

how about morphing a BL using two mutas?

17. Arc

Arc New Member

doesn't make sense.

18. Cabbage

Cabbage New Member

Wow the broodlord was surely smashed by the nerf bat ^^.

19. Kalm

Kalm New Member

Illinois
    Not at all. Can't wait to send the lil' demons away.

20. Arc

Arc New Member

yeah, it's quite ok but still a nerf nonetheless, they just nerfed the broodlord's attack, not the broodlings, so it's still fine maybe