1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brood lord or swarm gaurdian

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Bthammer45, May 29, 2009.

?

What unit would you like to see in multiplayer?

1. Swarm Gaurdian

13 vote(s)
    39.4%
  2. Brood Lord

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Possibly add both to multiplayer

5 vote(s)
    15.2%

Brood lord or swarm gaurdian

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Bthammer45, May 29, 2009.

1. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    Brood Lords are even worse. Guardian used an acid attack, yet the Brood Lord uses a biological weapon that not only hurts the enemy, but the weapon itself also joins the fight on the ground after the impact and makes for great cannon fodder for your main troops.

2. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    not to mention that it can and most likely will cause major friendly splash damage to the enemy do to siege tanks lines.

3. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    The brood lord will most definently be feared if they do not have heavy air support. The gardian will be attacking doing damge and sending like almost zergling like creatures "that we all know and love" so it's two thumbs up. It could easily wipe out ground troops at insane seeps.

Think about this a huge marine force going to attack you. You quickly mass brood lords (or mix the
    with mutas) and they will make masses of "lings" that will slow the marines down and man the player micro a bunch in order to avoid them and take out the brood lords. This will make the brood lord an even more feared unit if you've gone full ground.

4. Ballistixz

Ballistixz New Member

ya, and of course back them up with corruptors. i love thos things =p. another unit to be feared. the curruptor does to air what the swarm guardian does to ground.

5. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    All most. They basicly attack and then currupt the enemys at low HP so they go to a weird state before dieing. This also causes the enemy flyers to attack those witch could only be avoided with some micro.

SC2 seems like it will be a bigger army and heavy micro game compared to SC1. Should be thriling!

6. RaiseTheFlag

RaiseTheFlag New Member

Swarm Guardian, the animation is superfluous. Its model is to original just to be replaced by the Broodlord which is a SC2 remodeling of the Guardian.

Swarm Guardian for the Model
    Broodlord for the attack concept.

7. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    I agree, I like the brood lord mostly for it's att.

Maybe they could implement the same funky flying thing to the brood lord?
    That updown motion is kinda kool.

8. FallinDevast

FallinDevast New Member

I haven't actually seen the broodlord in action, I say give its 'wings' an undulating motion while it is moving same with that of the swarm guardian and that would be an eye treat. Swarm guardians appear too big and as previous posters said, they would block the player's ground view.

9. AlphaCentarui1

AlphaCentarui1 New Member

The flapping motion of the brood lord's wings have too much in common with mutalisks. This would perhaps make more sense if they morphed from mutas, despite that, they come from corruptors.
    I'd suggest maybe giving a less dynamic version of the "swimming motion" of the swarm guardian to the brood lord. This would make a balance between menacing and activity in the action.
    Maybe they could make a circular opening of the carapace in the back and use a squidlike motion to move if they brought back the swarm guard?