1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blizzcon build Vulkan -> Nighthawks

Discussion in 'Terran' started by VodkaChill, Oct 8, 2008.

?

What name do you like best?

Poll closed Mar 8, 2009.
  1. Nomad

9 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Vulkan

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  3. Nighthawk

11 vote(s)
    40.7%
  4. None

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Blizzcon build Vulkan -> Nighthawks

Discussion in 'Terran' started by VodkaChill, Oct 8, 2008.

1. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    I think I saw 20 next to the cost of the mine. There's absolutely no point in giving mines to the nighthawk because it's a tier 3 unit and so mines would have no chance to fulfill their primary roles of exploding, they'd just slow down the enemy who has to cut through them. That's handy as well, but isn't the primary aim of mines.

2. Zerks

Zerks New Member

Vulken was a good name.

Nighthawk isnt as great but i think Nighthawk fits more with the design of the new nomad/vulkan/nighthawk

i love the design!

-Zerks

3. capthavic

capthavic New Member

I liked the name Nomad, I just didn't like the look of it. Nighthawk just sounds retarded.

4. VodkaChill

VodkaChill New Member

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Targetting drones (as per Jon) are created from Nighthawks. What do you think. Great scout being Invisible no?

5. Chax424

Chax424 New Member

A
    I hope they are cost effective, and fast for that matter. They look fast, and with abilities like mines and turrets their usefulness would be doubled if they could speed across the map and set em up.
    Think, you could do some damage at a small choke point with two of these bad boys, technically, for free, and with no loss of units.
    The more I think about how I would use this guy the more I like it.

6. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    About Targeting Drones, I hope they target units automatically. Having to assign each Drone to a unit won't be worth it unless you're targeting a Mothership or something. Also, automatically choosing the units with the most health might be a good thing, either that or targeting a unit that's currently being attack, but that might just take all the labour out of using the Drones. That said, if it did automatically target units, it'd be so sweet to watch them in a huge melee between a hoard of Zerglings and Jackals, just having that laser constantly sweeping over all the Zerglings as they instantly perish... Ahhh, the destruction.

7. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    It all really depends on what kind of quantity you use them in Itza. If you usually have only 2-4 of them in an intense battle, they should only automatically target the closest target, and not the one with the most hp. Good players will be able to micro them to focus on BC's and Ultralisks etc.

But, if they are generally spammable maybe they should have better targeting.

8. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    ohh microing them would be cool xD

9. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Yeah, that'd work well. In fact, while we're on the subject, what auto-targetting method do normal attacking units use? Is it also simply just the closest target?

10. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    well, the whole point of the targeting drones is to go with micro so i don't think they need targeting any different to normal units, plus having it targeting an ultralisk while all the marines shoot the lings would be pointless.

i hope they last a while and/or are moveable, it would be so cool to use them in groups with marines. (the ctrl number ones btw)