1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blizzards 5th Project - Confirmed

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by MeisterX, Mar 27, 2009.

Blizzards 5th Project - Confirmed

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by MeisterX, Mar 27, 2009.

1. ronin2011

ronin2011 New Member

holland
    why I see a lot of bla bla but not questions for the upcoming sc2 batch..

can someone ask them when is the new battle report that they promished us 2 weeks by now or should I pose the question myshelf in bettle.net?

2. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Because you are looking at the wrong topic. :/
    Look for the q&a topic on this board. -offtopic- Why does everyone want that battlereport so badly? The web wil be flooded with material once the beta is released, which should be pretty soon.-offtopic-

3. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    No.
    That would mean accepting a lot of things that are sketchy and/or just plain wrong. Warlocks officially in Orgrimmar anyone?

4. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

i hope in WoW2, a lot of those things are retconned

5. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

6. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    @ Forsaken. Firstly, I think he's been either banished or killed, and secondly, if I remember correctly Archimonde waited for aeons before invading Azeroth. If that's the case, if anything, a couple of decades or so would actually be much too soon.

I dunno what you're saying about a storyline on the Night Elves giving up their immortality. That happened in WarCraftIII, didn't it?

And I doubt the Naga would have been affected. It's kinda like saying if the Orcs allied with the Humans, then the Mok'Nathal would too. They're two, distinct and separate races.

@ VodkaChill. I wouldn't actually want Blizzard to make a StarCraft FPS, I'm just saying, assuming they're not starting another new franchise, that it's probably one of the most likely possibilities.

@ Meee. Uhhhh.... What?

7. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    I'm with ijffdrie on everything being retconned, hell use those caverns of time or whatever to reverse everything. :p

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  8. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    @ItzaHexGor
    What I meant with a NE storyline was that they probably would want to restore their immortality. That gives them tons of options, since they never mentioned exactly when, how, and why they got it in the first place. They might have to travel to some other spirit dimension or whatever. About the Naga, as far as I know they were once banished Elves who over time evolved or were cursed, not sure, into the Naga.

9. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    They gained their immortality after migrating to the original lake of eternity and kept it because of Illidan making the new one, iirc (i think that's in the ROC manual).

10. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    From what I know the Night Elves got their power from the World Tree, which was blessed by Elune or whatnot. They then lost those powers when Archimonde destroyed the tree, or when they used those powers to destroy Archimonde or whichever way it happened. If something were to be based on that, I'd say it should focus on the Emerald Dream, as the Night Elves simply regaining their immortality seems a bit weird. I mean, if they simply got it back, the epicness of the sacrifice they made to save Azeroth from the Burning Legion would be completely nullified.

And yes, the Naga are, but they're definitely their own distinct race now. Just like how the Mok'Nathal are still part Orc, they're definitely a completely separate race.

11. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    I still think they should be able to get it back somehow. The High Elves and the Naga are unaffected, maybe they have a solution.

And one more storyline idea: they might want to try and wipe out the burning Legion altogether after getting rid of the scourge. There must be some supreme leader they can kill to break the might of the legion and stop them from destroying all planets in the universe. -They must realize that the legion will return again sometime, so why not take the fight to them?- You would travel to different planets, at about halfway the game a new playable race could be introduced and in the finaly you prepare to aussault the legion homeword... Where you get another cliffhanger and are forced to wait for the next expansion. -- note: this could happen hundreds of years after the frozen throne --

12. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    I was referring to your idea of having WCIV take place long after WoW. Which imo shouldn't happen because it still accepts what WoW did.
    Having it long after Frozen Throne, but without WoW is a nice idea though.

Also

Iirc after Sundering Illidan wanted to create new Well on Hyjal using the water from the original. Furion obviously didn't like the idea so they've planted a tree in that place, which was blessed by Elune AND four out of five Dragon Aspects. (Deathwing was absent for obvoius reasons). Immortality was probably Nozdormu's gift, I'd have to look it up.
    That tree was the World Tree which Archimonde kinda broke (though it did survive, so why they've lost immortality I don't know) and it was a sapling from Avianna's tree I think. Some yet_even_greater_tree that all bird's souls came to when they died

13. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Let me guess, there are also all kinds of warcraft comics and books out there that I have never heard of? Seriously, you never get to know even half of the lore when playing the game. If Blizzard story writers come up with so much, then they should at least add some lore page to the game. You know, take the same page like they always use for the credits in the menu, then fill it with lore. At least the most essential parts, not the whole wiki if they find that exaggerated.

14. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    DId you read the warcraft 3 manual? There was tons of lore in that...

15. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    Not as much as in the books. Especially Richard A. Knaak's books, since he's the one who came up with most of the Aspects (Warcraft 2 only had Deathwing and possibly a mention of Alexstrasza) and some other major characters

16. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    In my opinion you can't just ignore World of WarCraft. As I said, regardless of how much it shouldn't have happened, it has. You can't just bring back Illidan, Arthas, etc, etc, because another RTS is going to be made. Again, just like how WarCraftIII is so drastically different to WarCraftII, WarCraftIV can be just as drastically different to WarCraftIII, if not, even more so. The major characters in WarCraftIII are not required to make a sequel, and again, we can compare it to WarCraftII for an example of that.

As for the Elves regaining their immortality, I still reckon it's a bodgy storyline. It makes immortality seem acquirable, what with them acquiring it and everything, which isn't a good thing, in my opinion. Regardless, though, setting it later leaves the storyline completely open, yet again, just as it basically was for WarCraftIII. Whether it's the Elves regaining their immortality or Dalaran Mutants fighting for their independence, it can be done.

17. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    @ dalaran mutants, superlol
    @ overmind
    I bought the bestseller series, since it was cheaper that way, but that version lacks a manual.

You know what would be really nice? If they would actually cofirm there will be a warcraft 4, even if it takes 10 years. If they decide to make it, I will wait for it.

18. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    I didn't say they have to use the same characters (though WC2 shared some with 3, Grom anyone?), but if WoW happened we're accepting things like warlocks in orgrimmar, bunch of alliances that didn't make much/any sense and lots of other things damaging the lore to greater or lesser extent.
    You know that WoW events are a big 'NO' to me and that's not likely to change.

As for the elves. As I've mentioned immortality is acquirable. For night elves it was a gift from Nozdormu given during planting the World Tree. I think I made a mistake and Malygos was also absent then (due to him going crazy and all, I don't judge him), but these were Nozdormu's words:

19. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    What'sss up with that. :s
    And is Illidan dead now, or what? I thought he sort of died after his battle with Arthas in tft, -damn those progarammers for not making that scene cgi- but then I heard he appears in wow?!? Weird.

20. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    I think it was said long before BC that Illidan didn't die back then