1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blizzard Official Website Updated - TERRANS!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Ych, Aug 3, 2007.

Blizzard Official Website Updated - TERRANS!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Ych, Aug 3, 2007.

1. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    yea i personally love how they are doing the terrans right now. down and dirty i have to say! now on to my gf... hehe

2. burkid

burkid New Member

oo... that wasnt raunchy at all :p

3. DontHate

DontHate New Member

yea. the terrans look pretty good. thor seems awesome, and the tanks are ok.

4. PancakeChef

PancakeChef New Member

United States
    I personally love the SCV avatar. Looks like a guy from the country or farmlands smoking a cig with a baseball cap, I think it fits the SCV well.

The marines are excellently designed as well. The highlight of Terran though definately has to be the Thor and Viking so far. I am excited to see what the Predator and Nomad will end up looking like.

5. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    The Nomad is ugly as hell.

6. paragon

paragon Guest

Ghosts are a little too big
    I don't like how cloak looks
    The two new battlecruiser upgrades made me giggle... laser bombardment and that crazy torpedo (yeah torpedo, nobody mentioned that one here)
    Medics look nice
    The nuclear silo (shadow ops) looks ridiculous but still cool
    The viking landing animation is cool
    I'm glad command centers and other buildings lift off faster and move faster so they can actually have some sort of chance
    The terrains are all cool - love how some of them are bottomless pits
    Drop pods are cool - looks like 5 marines to a pod
    New tank is cool but I wanna see it in action
    I'm glad carriers are back in place of tempests
    Honestly don't like Thors
    Green Protoss look like a christmas special
    Wondering what the ( ! ) are in the picture from ign.com with red vs. teal terrans
    A flying starport that makes ships while it flies... awesome

Someone show me pictures of the Terran Nomad and Terran Predator and Protoss Carrier.
    What the **** is a Terran Nomad (it's named in the tech tree)?
    What the **** is a Terran Predator?

edit: Okay, seriously, what the f***. I had 4 power level points when I last logged on like 10 days ago how it's -1 and all I've posted is one thread about people who look like starcraft characters which was a thread people liked and this post. So people just power me down when I don't post for no reason? Aw did I make you mad once cause I said your idea was dumb and now you're on a power down vendetta against me? Did you go cry to mommy? Sniff sniff boo f**king hoo. Power level is supposed to show your usefulness. All it really shows is how many whiny little asshats there are on this forum that if you can't take a single shred of criticism if someone doesn't like their ideas.

7. burkid

burkid New Member

nomads look ugly.
    havent seen any predators yet.

*gasp* Paragon! you're negative! here :powerup:

8. MyWifeforauir

MyWifeforauir New Member

Lol i just noticed that. Nice job spotting that. Wonder what its doing there... Being a deocy? Or a cruel joke of Blizzard :p

9. paragon

paragon Guest

blizzard goofed on it. like the blue bunker amongst the red ones a while back.

10. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

@Burkid. Where did you find the picture of the Nomad? I'm sorry, I must have missed it...

11. burkid

burkid New Member

someone posted it on a different thread ( i think remy)

12. paragon

paragon Guest

Terran Nomad
    [img width=300 height=273]http://www.sc2armory.com/images/blizzcon/080307/nomad_thumb.jpg[/img]

oh it's a science vessel... it does look pretty dumb (read: very dumb) compared to the science vessel

13. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    It was actually Ych9, but it's good now that you are fully brain washed and programmed to give me credit for any and all good things that happen around you. "I think Remy" is right. Unless ummm, it's something bad, then it's your own fault, sorry buddy can't help you there.

14. JudicatorPrime

JudicatorPrime New Member

Wth is that? That's the ugliest thing ever... Also, someone minde giving me a quick link to the screenshot with the Torpedo

15. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

the siege tank (in tank mode) looks better than the siege mode. too bad we wont use the tank mode for attacking always, because who want to attack in tank mode if you got siege mode.

the tank mode looks really badazz, i hope they give the tank mode a little fire power so that we can use them often not only in siege modes. i hope siege mode will have true weaknesses too just so that we can see tank mode in actions. ^^

wow the screenshot with raynor and a marine plus a commander i think could be the in game cut scenes (cinemtic like) they were talking about. looks almost cinematic quality to me, i wonder if like we zoom in on raynor in gameplay we get the same look with that of the screenshot. heheh. kinda impossible, but i hope so.

16. burkid

burkid New Member

im watchin that part of the demo right now in ign. the marine is indeed tychus findlay, and the other guy is Matt Horran (im not sure how to spell his last name) and hes raynors second in command.

17. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

is there a in game cutscenes in the demo? how did you know that?
    link? thanks.

18. burkid

burkid New Member

19. T-man

T-man New Member

Oh dear! After watching those videos, I noticed that we drastically mischaracterized those lasers coming from the BC. That massive laser barrage was the Plasma Torpedo ability. BCs now seem to fire a rapid-fire series of smaller bolts, but they all targeted the same unit. Hopefully Blizzard allows them to multi-fire like the MS.

20. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

@T-Man, I have my doubts on it firing at multiple targets. I think the BC for some reason for another has always been a unit that concentrates on firing at a single unit, and that Blizzard simply changed the aesthetic quality to fit our requests (thank you Blizzard.) But if they could hit all sorts of things, then they would be a lil redundant given the attack style of the Banshee and also too similar to that of the Mothership. I'm personally pretty happy with the way it is.